Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-12-25

As a P.S. to all this, I have updated AS to do some additional checking to find a match from MusicBrainz. I think it will help in the particular instances where the album name locally is longer than the one MusicBrainz has (i.e. you have Album Name [Deluxe] and MusicBrainz just has Album Name).

This is beta 1.5.8.4 and is available at:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

I'll probably push out an update later this week.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-12-25

Ok, when I look in the app data folder for the music, all the artists have weird letter configurations for each artist. Nothing is named by artist name. How do I find a certain artist without spending all day trying to find it

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-12-25

(2013-12-25, 02:29)johnsills1 Wrote: Ok, when I look in the app data folder for the music, all the artists have weird letter configurations for each artist. Nothing is named by artist name. How do I find a certain artist without spending all day trying to find it

I was kind of hoping you would notice that. Wink

I'm working on a utility this week that will give you a mapping of all your artists to the hashed directory name. The hashing of the artist name is a remnant of the original code, and I think it still serves a purpose. Namely it ensures that the directory name will work across multiple platforms and no matter the length of the artist name or the characters in the name (colons, for instance, are verboten on OSX, and slashes will make for issues on both Linux and Windows).

The one quick suggestion I can make is to rename your current ArtistInformation directory to something else, then play some music by the artist you want to find and bring up whatever fullscreen display you're skin has that uses AS. Then the single directory in the new ArtistInformation directory will be the artist you want. It's not pretty, but it does work.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-12-28

I just released the first version of Artist Slideshow Helper. There's a separate thread for it (and a link for the download) at:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181454

The addon has two options. One will provide you a text file that maps artist names in your XBMC library to their hash folder. The other option provides you a way to migrate the images out of the AS cache directory into another directory (you can copy or move them). That should help the folks who want to protect whatever images they've gotten from Last.fm before they changed their API rules.

Please keep the discussion about this addon to the thread above.

[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ktjensen - 2013-12-28

(2013-12-25, 01:12)pkscuot Wrote: As a P.S. to all this, I have updated AS to do some additional checking to find a match from MusicBrainz. I think it will help in the particular instances where the album name locally is longer than the one MusicBrainz has (i.e. you have Album Name [Deluxe] and MusicBrainz just has Album Name).

This is beta 1.5.8.4 and is available at:

I'll probably push out an update later this week.

Nice change. Have read that musicbrains is a good source for cd information.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-01

New BETA Available

There's a new BETA of Artist Slideshow available. The big change here is that Artist Slideshow will no longer download images as .tbn files. It will instead download them in their native format. There is also a one time migration routine run to rename all your .tbn files to the correct extension based on the file's actual image type.

Because the migration routine makes changes to both the cache directory and any local directories you have, I HIGHLY encourage you to back up your images before testing this version. It's been working fine for me on my two test systems, but still...

One other note. If you are using the _exclusions.nfo file, you will need to go into those and rename the entries with the correct file extension. I suspect very few people are using those, and updating those programmatically was more than I really wanted to take on.

v.1.5.9.1
- image downloads now done in original format instead of .tbn files
- one time migration routine run to rename all .tbn files to correct format
- code refactoring

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2014-01-01

EXCELLENT! Thank you for listening. A huge leap in the ability to now manage the images that are downloaded. I was getting frustrated with the occasional incorrect fanart. Now it will be easy to delete them.

One question: There is no way to tell if the one-time migration is working, except for checking my local folder's extrafanart that was previously copied from the add-on data, right?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-01

(2014-01-01, 22:18)curtis-r Wrote: EXCELLENT! Thank you for listening. A huge leap in the ability to now manage the images that are downloaded. I was getting frustrated with the occasional incorrect fanart. Now it will be easy to delete them.

If enough people say something enough times, I eventually get the hint. Wink

Quote:One question: There is no way to tell if the one-time migration is working, except for checking my local folder's extrafanart that was previously copied from the add-on data, right?

That is correct(ish). You could also look in the script's addon_data directory for a file called migrationcheck.nfo. If that file contains "1.6.0" then the migration was completed.

I guess you could do the migration with debug logging on and then check the log. But one of the others are definitely easier.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-04

NEW BETA AVAILABLE

I actually pushed this to github a couple days ago and forgot to post an announcement. The only thing 1.5.9.2 fixes is a rather esoteric crash that would happen if you were trying to download images or bio info and the connection to the external site failed. This problem only exists in 1.5.9.1. All previous versions are fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2014-01-04

Seems AS is crashing. Though typically use a personal mod of the Aeon MQ5 but switched to Confluence with your modified musicOSD & musicvisualization files to eliminate that variable. Also just switched to 1.5.9.2, but still not working. Here is the log. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-04

(2014-01-04, 22:27)curtis-r Wrote: Seems AS is crashing. Though typically use a personal mod of the Aeon MQ5 but switched to Confluence with your modified musicOSD & musicvisualization files to eliminate that variable. Also just switched to 1.5.9.2, but still not working. Here is the log. Thanks.

My bad. I introduced that bug into the routine that migrates the .nfo files while doing some code refactoring. That migration happened at version 1.5.4, and I neglected to test with a clean install. That meant I was never running that chuck of code. Fixed in 1.5.9.3.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2014-01-04

What took you so long Wink
But seriously, what service! Thanks.
A one-song test proves working, but the version & changelog still says 1.5.3.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-04, 23:00)curtis-r Wrote: What took you so long Wink
But seriously, what service! Thanks.
A one-song test proves working, but the version & changelog still says 1.5.3.

Sometimes if you test of the betas I think you end up with two directories that have artist slideshow in them, and I'm not sure how XBMC knows to run the more current one, but it seems to even if it shows the wrong version number.

If you go to your addon directory you make see two directories:

script.artistslideshow
script.artistslideshow-pkscout

If so, delete the top one and then rename the bottom one to the old name. After that when testing a beta, don't install it from a zip. Unzip the zip file and manually copy the files to the correct location. I think that will correct what you're seeing.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Magic31 - 2014-01-06

I'm not sure if this issue has been raised before but AS was working fine for me until I downloaded artist information for all my music collection within XBMC. Now when I play music and activate full screen I get a static image of the artist with the slideshow running transparently in the background behind it. It appears quite artistic to start with but becomes a little annoying as it is difficult to see the slideshow images clearly.

I assume there must be an option within XBMC to disable the static image but I can't seem to find this. I have set the option for Visualisations to "none" within Settings>Music.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Great add-on btw!

I am using Frodo 12.2 with Confluence skin on Win7

Thanks

[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ktjensen - 2014-01-07

Artist SLIDESHOW never starts at all for me. It's kind of weird. Not sure why it's not doing anything. I did install xbmchub tool and wonder if that made changes to prevent SLIDESHOW from working. Running 12.3 on a win7 machine. What are the list of DEPENDANCIES that should be there? Would like to double check them all.