Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-11

(2014-06-09, 18:57)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 13:57)Marco Wrote: i have rebootet xbmc, and now, AS shows images for known artitst.
But when it fails to find images for an artist, the black background screen apppears.

An earlier version in this case, the background from the transperancy skin was shown.

The log looks fine. Did you upgrade Transparency when you upgraded to Gotham? It's possible there is a difference in the way the updated Transparency skin shows the images (or what it shows when there are no images). AS doesn't technically show the images, it just tells the skin where to find the folder for the currently playing artist. When AS finds no images for an artist, it tells the skin the folder to show is one with a single black image in it (or whatever directory you chose in the settings as a fallback). The skin could decide to show something else if AS sends it the black image folder.

I guess that's the long way of saying, you might want to check in the skin support thread for Transparency regarding that.

Ok, thank you for your response.
With the answer from Todes Angst, it semms i have to contact the author of the transperancy skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-15

So,
in the transparency thread i can get no answer.
But i've now checked it with the amber skin. It is the same behavior.
For unknown artists the screen will stay black.

It looks like this:

Before the update it was showing the background from the skin like this:
(I have here disabled slideshow plugin to show the background).

Maybe its a problem in xbmc itself?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Todes Angst - 2014-06-16

Marco,
Are you seeing sideshows for KNOWN artist when you play them? I get black screens for everyone if I set the skin (Confluence) to "disable fanart on fullscreen" which was needed for Artist Slideshow to work previously. With this setting turned off I see the static fanart picture set when artist are run through the scraper. This picture doesn't change though. The problem is something to do with the way transparency is programmed in Gotham 13.1, it worked fine in 13.0.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Todes Angst - 2014-06-16

I just installed the skin "Confluence Customization Mod" and it has specific settings in the skin menu to enable Artist Slideshow. With this setting turned on Artist Slideshow works fine. So the problem is indeed with the individual skins and that the skin authors need to fix the transparency settings to be compatible with Gotham 13.1.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-16

(2014-06-16, 09:34)Todes Angst Wrote: Marco,
Are you seeing sideshows for KNOWN artist when you play them? I get black screens for everyone if I set the skin (Confluence) to "disable fanart on fullscreen" which was needed for Artist Slideshow to work previously. With this setting turned off I see the static fanart picture set when artist are run through the scraper. This picture doesn't change though. The problem is something to do with the way transparency is programmed in Gotham 13.1, it worked fine in 13.0.

Yes for known artits erverything works fine.
Is the "Confluence Customization Mod" in the xmbc repository so that i can download it via xbmc? Then i could test it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Todes Angst - 2014-06-17

it has its own repository. Go to the Confluence skin forum on here and there is a link to it at the top of the list.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-17

(2014-06-17, 02:26)Todes Angst Wrote: it has its own repository. Go to the Confluence skin forum on here and there is a link to it at the top of the list.

Ok,
so i haved installed the skin. Can you tell me the setting you mean?
The behaviour stay the same with this skin. For artists where no images can be found, got a black screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Todes Angst - 2014-06-18

Start In the main settings screen.
1) open "Appearance" settings
2) click on "-settings" which is directly below the "Skin" setting.
3) scroll down to the settings for "music" and there is a setting there for "Enable Artist Slideshow....", turn that on.

This will work for artists that have been identified by the Scrapers. Make sure to check the "Artists" tab of music and confirm that all your artists have been identified. If they haven't been identified by running your library through a scraper then Artist Slideshow won't be able to find the pictures either and this will result in a blank screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Mudislander - 2014-06-18

Common problem, I wish Artist SlideShow would allow me to fallback to my default screen for no images

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - DianeDrews - 2014-06-18

Since upgrading XBMC (and properly re-installing the artist slideshow add-on including placing the .xml files in the /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ folder) the artist slideshow add-on does not show art anymore also, I am missing much of the icons which should be displayed in the skin (default confluence) for instance most (not all) of my add-ons art/icons do not show on my home screen, weather icons do not show up in the forecast screens, etc...

I am having the same issues when using Confuence customizable mod.

All of this worked fine before the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

D

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-18

(2014-06-18, 09:12)Todes Angst Wrote: Start In the main settings screen.
1) open "Appearance" settings
2) click on "-settings" which is directly below the "Skin" setting.
3) scroll down to the settings for "music" and there is a setting there for "Enable Artist Slideshow....", turn that on.

This will work for artists that have been identified by the Scrapers. Make sure to check the "Artists" tab of music and confirm that all your artists have been identified. If they haven't been identified by running your library through a scraper then Artist Slideshow won't be able to find the pictures either and this will result in a blank screen.

Ok,

i have made these settings.
The behaviour stays the same.

(2014-06-18, 09:12)Todes Angst Wrote: If they haven't been identified by running your library through a scraper then Artist Slideshow won't be able to find the pictures either and this will result in a blank screen.

So and this behaviour is definitly new. Before update it was showing the normal skin background, and not a black screen.

Mudislander Wrote:Common problem, I wish Artist SlideShow would allow me to fallback to my default screen for no images

This is also my wish Blush

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-06-19

Ask and ye shall receive. I've added an option to AS to have a transparent background during transitions and if no images are found, so whatever is behind it will show. To enable that, go to the AS Settings and look in the SLIDESHOW section. Exactly *what* is behind it will depend on the skin. Somewhat related, I also made a change to the MusicVisualization.xml so that if you enable background images those show up *behind* AS. You can get that modified file on the AS wiki page.

v.1.6.6~beta3
- added option to use transparent image if no artwork found

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-19

(2014-06-19, 09:28)pkscuot Wrote: Ask and ye shall receive. I've added an option to AS to have a transparent background during transitions and if no images are found, so whatever is behind it will show. To enable that, go to the AS Settings and look in the SLIDESHOW section. Exactly *what* is behind it will depend on the skin. Somewhat related, I also made a change to the MusicVisualization.xml so that if you enable background images those show up *behind* AS. You can get that modified file on the AS wiki page.

v.1.6.6~beta3
- added option to use transparent image if no artwork found

Wow, thank you for your work.
But this new option doestn work.

I have a logfile with this new version.
The first song, AS doesnt find any images. The screen stays black.
The second song, it display the artist image.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=230294

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2014-06-19

Here's another beta with more logging. @Marco, please try this one and repost the log.

v1.6.6~beta4
-added more logging

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Marco - 2014-06-19

Thank you, but this one i cannot install.
Here is the part of the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=230326