Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Varazir - 2012-08-05

I have few stuff to add:

I keep getting this, I know it's just warnings...
Code:
WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this

Second if there is a song on the list it can't play I get this and after that I have restart the addon
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6126

If I like keymap buttons what's the name of the windows ?
I would like to have page up and down ( pain to scroll 500+ songs)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2012-08-05

Godmorning! Yesterday i configured the new Aeon Nox 3.5 theme an was just wondering a thing.
You have the option to colour panels, works great, but it does not happen in spotimc (just talking about the S-button menu) is it skin or script related? Would be nice to have it greeen/orange tinted to make it more stylish ;-) great script as always /SKIBBE

Edit
@Krul: have you tried press tab to start /stop the visulizer? If you are outside spotimc you csn not get back since it is a scriped based player, meaning you can not multitask, and have it running in the background and switch back.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - krul - 2012-08-05

(2012-08-05, 10:16)SKIBBE Wrote: @Krul: have you tried press tab to start /stop the visulizer? If you are outside spotimc you csn not get back since it is a scriped based player, meaning you can not multitask, and have it running in the background and switch back.

Tab works! Big Grin I thought I tried this a few times before. Now I have to try to get it correctly mapped on my Harmony remote. Thanks SKIBBE!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-08-05

(2012-07-18, 00:08)Novin Wrote: Tried it just now with beta 1.

First at start, I get a login screen. I start entering my details with my keyboard but I find that the field for login name isn't really selected.. so I first have to press Enter on the field to start input. Could be better.

Than if I want to remember the details, it isn't really clear what the arrow means. Better to use the same radio boxes as the skin (Confluence in my case).

Last, the OK / cancel. When OK is selected, it looks like also Cancel is selected. When you move over to Cancel you see that this is not intended, then Cancel is clearly selected and some empty space to the right of it.

After the plugin has started everything is empty. New Stuff: only text New music on Spotify, Playlists: Showing 63 playlists etc.

Feature suggest for search: Create a search history which can be used & edited.

For the empty-problem, what log is needed, only xbmc.log?

How can I troubleshoot my issue? What info is needed?

Here is my xbmc.log:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1130513/

This looks like it could have something to do with my problems:

Code:
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_topmenu_option
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_nowplaying_text
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_nowplaying_time
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_title
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_albumgrid
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_scrollbar
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_albumcover_big
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_tracklist
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_tracklist
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_title_grouped
12:58:19 T:9516864 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Idgeinc - 2012-08-05

I have no idea why, but I've been running XBMC flawlessly since January 2012, and I now installed this script, the script frooze my computer and when i restarted I had no visual GUI. Everything was blank, nothing visual at all.

I ended up with having to remove my Userdata folder and restarting everything from scratch Sad Anyone with similiar experience with this mod? And a solution to it.

System. XBMC 11 Eden Final, MQ4 Beta 3, and Ill upload my crashlog in a minute.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2012-08-06

@idgeinc: try another skin

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-08-07

(2012-07-13, 10:59)Possible Wrote: I tried to install the newest version of Spotimc. However when i want to start the addon, i get the following error:

Error in script mazkolain-spotimc-1.0-beta1-1-g064c53d.
You probably downloaded Spotimc from the upper links of the github download page. These packages are invalid as they only include the addons sources. They don't come with any binary dependencies like libraries and so on. Uninstall it an then try downloading from the lower download links of that same page or from mortstar's repo.

(2012-07-13, 13:47)Dennisreneholm Wrote: Is there a way to remotely control spotimc?
A webinterface could be used, or even better, a simple android/IOS app.
A app where everyone on the WiFi could add music in some kind of party mode, so they would only queue it, not change the current song, that would be awesome!

I don't like wasting power Tongue and i do not use my TV to play music, only to see what's playing.
A web interface and a party mode app are planned for future releases, but they'll have to wait as there is lots of stuff to do before (radio, toplists, playlist folders, etc.). Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

(2012-07-13, 19:17)otcho Wrote: @mazkolain: I've noticed something unusual today. I switched from Confluence (720p) to Quartz Reloaded (1080i) and when the script starts it seems that the resolution gets strechted. This results in smaller fonts and looks not correct. Just wanted to inform you, if it hasn't been mentioned before.
It's a known issue that happens on 1080 skins. The fix fir the font issue will be included on the next release, but the startup/shutdown stretched window issue will have to wait.

(2012-07-15, 19:54)biccies Wrote: I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think I've found a bug. I use the android remote to control my XBMC install.
I set a playlist on it's merry way and then go to the "Now Playing" section. At the end of the playlist (when there's no more files in that list to be played) the "Now Playing" section disappears. I have now lost my 'cursor' and I am unable to do anything within the Spotimc "App" with the Android Remote.
The solution to this is either plug a mouse into my HTPC, or use one of the "Music", "Film", "TV" buttons to get out of the app. I then can not use Spotimc until I reboot the box.
That's an strange issue that has been reported before. Let's see if I'm able to reproduce it with the Android remote. Thanks for the detailed info!

(2012-07-18, 00:08)Novin Wrote: First at start, I get a login screen. I start entering my details with my keyboard but I find that the field for login name isn't really selected.. so I first have to press Enter on the field to start input. Could be better.

Than if I want to remember the details, it isn't really clear what the arrow means. Better to use the same radio boxes as the skin (Confluence in my case).

Last, the OK / cancel. When OK is selected, it looks like also Cancel is selected. When you move over to Cancel you see that this is not intended, then Cancel is clearly selected and some empty space to the right of it.

After the plugin has started everything is empty. New Stuff: only text New music on Spotify, Playlists: Showing 63 playlists etc.

You have to press enter on the username and password boxes because they really are buttons. XBMC's skinning engine does have a text input control, but afaik it's not usable from python (to get back the entered value).

On the check control for remembering the details I would tend to keep the UI as skin agnostic as possible. Anyway, it's true that the active/inactive status of checks and buttons is somewhat confusing, specially in the latter ones.

Regarding the empty content problem and after reviewing the log file you provided, it's likely that the common layout defined in the addon's include file it's not being picked up. In order to get more details please send me a pastebin of the following file while the addon is running:
~/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/includes.xml

I suspect that some resources are not installed properly, and therefore they are not recognized by XBMC.

And thanks for the search history feature suggestion!

(2012-07-30, 11:27)JesseKlaasse Wrote: I have a question. I'm using OpenElec 2.0b5, XBMC Eden, Quartz Reloaded skin and SpotiMC 1.0-beta1, and I am running into the following issue: when I first start SpotiMC through the audio add-ons page, it's all working nicely. I can start playing songs from my playlists and so forth. When I click the home button on my remote (app), XBMC jumps to the main menu, and SpotiMC keeps playing nicely, showing the songs I'm playing. But, how should I get back to the SpotiMC console? When I just go back to audio add-ons and click SpotiMC again, a message appears, the current songs stops playing, and I can't get into SpotiMC again until I reboot XBMC. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a little bug?
It's indeed a known bug. I currently have no clue of how to get the Spotimc instance back, and as a result it gets lost in the wild when "minimized".

(2012-07-30, 22:58)Gr8rtek Wrote: BTW - you might want to blunt up your interpersonal skills otherwise people will start to think you are not a very good software developer Smile
Mmm, should I act as a "midnight developer" writing monosyllabic answers Tongue ? Thanks for your support!

(2012-08-05, 09:55)Varazir Wrote: I have few stuff to add:

Code:
WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this

Second if there is a song on the list it can't play I get this and after that I have restart the addon

I've been noticing this warning for a while on Frodo. Don't know if it's related to some wrong headers on the track streams or something yet to be fixed on XBMC's AE code. Will continue to watch this, thanks for reporting!

Second, never experienced the restart issue with unplayable tracks. This seems a Frodo-only issue, but will check it out.

On the other hand, Spotimc does not use standard window names. Don't know if just the window id would work (which is 4001).

And finally, the long list scrolling issue should be fixed on the next release with focusable scrollbars. Anyway, page up and page down keys already work with lists.

(2012-08-05, 10:16)SKIBBE Wrote: Godmorning! Yesterday i configured the new Aeon Nox 3.5 theme an was just wondering a thing.
You have the option to colour panels, works great, but it does not happen in spotimc (just talking about the S-button menu) is it skin or script related? Would be nice to have it greeen/orange tinted to make it more stylish ;-) great script as always /SKIBBE
Spotimc relies on the underlying skin for some dialogs (mainly for Message boxes and Settings). As stated on a previous answer on this post, I would prefer to keep the addon skin agnostic, as adding support for skin specific features would complicate things a lot.

(2012-08-05, 17:33)Idgeinc Wrote: I have no idea why, but I've been running XBMC flawlessly since January 2012, and I now installed this script, the script frooze my computer and when i restarted I had no visual GUI. Everything was blank, nothing visual at all.

I ended up with having to remove my Userdata folder and restarting everything from scratch Sad Anyone with similiar experience with this mod? And a solution to it.

I'm sorry that Spotimc ended corrupting your userdata folder. I'll give priority to this issue since it can cause mayor headaches, and let's see if I can reproduce the crash with MQ4.

In case you experience this issue again, Spotimc will always backup every file of the skin it touches. Look for *.skinutilsbackup files on the skin's folder, restore them and try starting XBMC again.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - [Tahini] - 2012-08-07

Quote:
(2012-07-13, 13:47)Dennisreneholm Wrote: Is there a way to remotely control spotimc?
A webinterface could be used, or even better, a simple android/IOS app.
A app where everyone on the WiFi could add music in some kind of party mode, so they would only queue it, not change the current song, that would be awesome!

I don't like wasting power Tongue and i do not use my TV to play music, only to see what's playing.
A web interface and a party mode app are planned for future releases, but they'll have to wait as there is lots of stuff to do before (radio, toplists, playlist folders, etc.). Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Pls make an Android app for it! Or at least a mobile version of the webinterface Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-07, 00:24)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 00:08)Novin Wrote: First at start, I get a login screen. I start entering my details with my keyboard but I find that the field for login name isn't really selected.. so I first have to press Enter on the field to start input. Could be better.

You have to press enter on the username and password boxes because they really are buttons. XBMC's skinning engine does have a text input control, but afaik it's not usable from python (to get back the entered value).

On the check control for remembering the details I would tend to keep the UI as skin agnostic as possible. Anyway, it's true that the active/inactive status of checks and buttons is somewhat confusing, specially in the latter ones.

Regarding the empty content problem and after reviewing the log file you provided, it's likely that the common layout defined in the addon's include file it's not being picked up. In order to get more details please send me a pastebin of the following file while the addon is running:
~/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/includes.xml

I suspect that some resources are not installed properly, and therefore they are not recognized by XBMC.

And thanks for the search history feature suggestion!

I have followed a previous suggestion to switch skin and then back again. It worked! I now realize that the look i've had is not the one intended, it looks good now.

I will send you a pm with two videos showing before and after so you can see how it looked.

To make sure I hadn't any special stuff with my skin I removed xbmc, made sure no stale files were lying around and also removed all cruft from my .xbmc-dir (including confluence).

So now it both works and looks good! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - KRKA01 - 2012-08-09

(2012-08-05, 17:33)Idgeinc Wrote: I have no idea why, but I've been running XBMC flawlessly since January 2012, and I now installed this script, the script frooze my computer and when i restarted I had no visual GUI. Everything was blank, nothing visual at all.

I'm sorry that Spotimc ended corrupting your userdata folder. I'll give priority to this issue since it can cause mayor headaches, and let's see if I can reproduce the crash with MQ4.

In case you experience this issue again, Spotimc will always backup every file of the skin it touches. Look for *.skinutilsbackup files on the skin's folder, restore them and try starting XBMC again.

I mostly using the Neon skin and i have experienced a similar issue several times. It started to happen after i had installed spotimc.

From time to time, i also ends up with black screen after i have restarted XBMC, i can't recall if it is only after spotimc have crashed, but it is atleast after i have used spotimc. To recover i have to delete the guisettings.xml file, start XBMC and make all gui settings again. I can't tell for sure it is spotimc that is causing this issue from time to time, i really don't have a clue what is causing this, but it is quite annoying.

Any thoughts? Could it be someting with spotimc?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - abusharif - 2012-08-09

Hi,

Great addon!
Few questions tho. With latest nightlies (at least all released last month or two) sound is static/crackling when playing a song.
You can still hear the song itself but a lot of "static".
Sorry if it was brought up already, just curious what the issue is and if there is any fix to it.
(I had to go for nightlies since the "pause video/audio bug" is present in the "final" xbmc version.)

I am using latest spotimc 1.0 beta 1

When i play the song following is seen in xbmc.log.

Code:
13:01:21 T:140735185228160   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
13:01:21 T:140735185228160   ERROR: ADPCMCodec: error opening file http://127.0.0.1:8080/track/6zX1edWck5DxIBWQMOUXO5.wav?idx=0|X-Spotify-Token=<removed by me>&User-Agent=Spotimc%2F1.0-beta1+%28XBMC%2F12.0-ALPHA5+Git%!
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Seek - failed to get remaining data
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Seek - failed to get remaining data
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 42 times.
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:21 T:4676272128 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
13:01:21 T:4676272128 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:24 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 29 times.
13:01:24 T:4676272128 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this

Any idea about how to solve this? Workarround?

Thanks a bunch

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Varazir - 2012-08-09

(2012-08-05, 09:55)Varazir Wrote: I have few stuff to add:

Code:

I've been noticing this warning for a while on Frodo. Don't know if it's related to some wrong headers on the track streams or something yet to be fixed on XBMC's AE code. Will continue to watch this, thanks for reporting!

Second, never experienced the restart issue with unplayable tracks. This seems a Frodo-only issue, but will check it out.

On the other hand, Spotimc does not use standard window names. Don't know if just the window id would work (which is 4001).

And finally, the long list scrolling issue should be fixed on the next release with focusable scrollbars. Anyway, page up and page down keys already work with lists.

Okay thanks,

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-08-10

Two suggestions / feature requests:

1) Preload, if I start spotimc and have the Whats New tab and then go to Playlists it takes some time to load them. If it were preloaded I would have seen my playlists right away.
2) Cache, if I go back from Playlists to Whats New it needs to be reloaded again.. also the same if I then go back to playlists a second time.

Thanks and I hope both suggestions makes sense Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Varazir - 2012-08-11

I have seen a bug, I don't know if it's known or not. I have re-enable shuffle every time I start spotimc.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - reine1985 - 2012-08-13

Amazing job Smile i actually registred on this forum just to post this reply Smile