Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - aune - 2012-08-14

Finally got this addon installed and working Smile
I had some problems with "Script failed. ..", and tried the zips for both alpha and beta without any luck. My final effort was to create a new windows user without the norwegian character 'å', and this solved my problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - IndexOverflow - 2012-08-14

Having some problems with the script failed error.

Trying to install the addon on Rasperry with Raspbmc,

Looking at the log I get this error,

10:19:53 T:1277514816 ERROR: '/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/linux/x86/libspotify.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
10:19:53 T:1277514816 ERROR: <bound method ?.? of <spotify.session.Session instance at 0x27b9418>>
10:27:00 T:1287648320 ERROR: Error Contents: /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/linux/x86/libspotify.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/spotify/session.py", line 265, in __init__
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/session.py", line 110, in create
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 91, in _get_func
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 81, in _get_func2
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 62, in get_library
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 107, in _load_library
return ll.load('libspotify')
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 206, in load
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 198, in _load
OSError: /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/linux/x86/libspotify.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What's weired is that the file is there,

pi@raspbmc:~/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/linux/x86$ ls
libspotify.so

I also tried downloading the library and extracting manually from another source, but I still get the
not found error. Tried to install the plugin both manually and from XBMC addon manager - same error.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mohanman - 2012-08-14

Do you need a premium account for it to work?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - IndexOverflow - 2012-08-14

Yes, at least that's what I read elsewhere.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Varazir - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 16:50)mohanman Wrote: Do you need a premium account for it to work?

(2012-08-14, 17:32)IndexOverflow Wrote: Yes, at least that's what I read elsewhere.

it's only the windows client you can use with out premium

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - [Tahini] - 2012-08-16

Thanks a lot for the addon, it's truly amazing. I finally switched to Eden and the first add-on I installed was yours and I was blown away! Excellent job Smile
I incurred in a nasty bug when I gave it a tried it... I set one playlist to play, then I pressed the "fullscreen button" on my android XBMC Remote App (dont know exactly what key does it corresponds to). Everything was displayed nicely. However, when I tried to return to the Main Menu to continue with the tweaking of my freshly upgraded system I wasnt able to. Pressing again fullscreen button or Menu button would show a green loading screen occupying only 2/3 of the screen, tucked in the upper left corner. From there on, I wasnt able to go anywhere. I could stop the music, and I could hear the GUI sounds when I clicked left/right, menu, back buttons but all I could see was the grey loading screen. I took a pic (sorry for the quality), you can see it here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/220924/20120815_205844.jpg
I hope it gets fixed cause the addon has the potential of being DA BOMB Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - zoyd - 2012-08-17

(2012-07-11, 19:21)mazkolain Wrote: Sadly the current build of libspotify for iOS can't be loaded on runtime (it's a static library, not a dylib). We'll have to wait to see Spotimc working on that platform...

Any progress report for ATV2? thx

Re: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - umOuch - 2012-08-17

I would love to push this to the fusion installer if you are okay with that...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - kreggz - 2012-08-18

awesome plugin. thanks so much for making it

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-16, 11:01)[Tahini] Wrote: Thanks a lot for the addon, it's truly amazing. I finally switched to Eden and the first add-on I installed was yours and I was blown away! Excellent job Smile
I incurred in a nasty bug when I gave it a tried it... I set one playlist to play, then I pressed the "fullscreen button" on my android XBMC Remote App (dont know exactly what key does it corresponds to). Everything was displayed nicely. However, when I tried to return to the Main Menu to continue with the tweaking of my freshly upgraded system I wasnt able to. Pressing again fullscreen button or Menu button would show a green loading screen occupying only 2/3 of the screen, tucked in the upper left corner. From there on, I wasnt able to go anywhere. I could stop the music, and I could hear the GUI sounds when I clicked left/right, menu, back buttons but all I could see was the grey loading screen. I took a pic (sorry for the quality), you can see it here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/220924/20120815_205844.jpg
I hope it gets fixed cause the addon has the potential of being DA BOMB Smile

SpotiMC can't multitask, you will have to use exit to turn of spotiMC then browse XBMC. it's a script-based player and therefore it has limits.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - abusharif - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-09, 13:07)abusharif Wrote: Hi,

Great addon!
Few questions tho. With latest nightlies (at least all released last month or two) sound is static/crackling when playing a song.
You can still hear the song itself but a lot of "static".
Sorry if it was brought up already, just curious what the issue is and if there is any fix to it.
(I had to go for nightlies since the "pause video/audio bug" is present in the "final" xbmc version.)

I am using latest spotimc 1.0 beta 1

When i play the song following is seen in xbmc.log.

Code:
13:01:21 T:140735185228160   ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
13:01:21 T:140735185228160   ERROR: ADPCMCodec: error opening file http://127.0.0.1:8080/track/6zX1edWck5DxIBWQMOUXO5.wav?idx=0|X-Spotify-Token=<removed by me>&User-Agent=Spotimc%2F1.0-beta1+%28XBMC%2F12.0-ALPHA5+Git%!
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Seek - failed to get remaining data
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 42 times.
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:21 T:4676272128 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
13:01:21 T:4676272128 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this
13:01:24 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 29 times.
13:01:24 T:4676272128 WARNING: CAEUtil::GuessChLayout - This method should really never be used, please fix the code that called this

Any idea about how to solve this? Workarround?

Thanks a bunch

*bump*
Any ideas? It has to be more people with same issue? (OSX)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - [Tahini] - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-18, 13:45)SKIBBE Wrote: SpotiMC can't multitask, you will have to use exit to turn of spotiMC then browse XBMC. it's a script-based player and therefore it has limits.

Doh! What a bummer Sad
Well, it's a good add-on. Hopefully in the future something can be done about it.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2012-08-20

Did a quick search but was not able to find anything so will ask/tell here

If you have "now playing" highlighted and you start the visualizer by hitting tab and then ýou stop the song, you are taken back to the "now playing" screen wich no longer exists due to stoping the song,

Suloution, do not start visualization in the "now playing" screen Smile

Developer: or always have the "now playing" tab visable (the script is meant to play music so why not always show it) Tongue

Just wanted to share.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Idgeinc - 2012-08-21

<removed>

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-08, 22:07)Novin Wrote: I have followed a previous suggestion to switch skin and then back again. It worked! I now realize that the look i've had is not the one intended, it looks good now.

I will send you a pm with two videos showing before and after so you can see how it looked.

So now it both works and looks good! Smile
After watching the videos it seems that Spotimc was unable to write to the first skin (and therefore install include defs.), which is strange since there's a check to verify that the skin is writable. Which OS were you using? Spotimc had some issues on Win7, but they where fixed long ago.

(2012-08-09, 11:22)KRKA01 Wrote: I mostly using the Neon skin and i have experienced a similar issue several times. It started to happen after i had installed spotimc.

From time to time, i also ends up with black screen after i have restarted XBMC, i can't recall if it is only after spotimc have crashed, but it is atleast after i have used spotimc. To recover i have to delete the guisettings.xml file, start XBMC and make all gui settings again. I can't tell for sure it is spotimc that is causing this issue from time to time, i really don't have a clue what is causing this, but it is quite annoying.
Again, sorry if Spotimc ended up corrupting the skin. I'm aware that its an annoying bug, but I've never been able to reproduce it.

Just a question: When it crashed, did it crash the entire XBMC process (a potential segfault during shutdown) or just the addon (you where able to continue using XBMC, but with the blank screen).

Finally, if it corrupts your skin again I would love to see some pastebins of the following files from the active (and possibly corrupt) skin:
  • Includes.xml
  • Fonts.xml

(2012-08-09, 13:07)abusharif Wrote: With latest nightlies (at least all released last month or two) sound is static/crackling when playing a song.
You can still hear the song itself but a lot of "static".

(I had to go for nightlies since the "pause video/audio bug" is present in the "final" xbmc version.)

When i play the song following is seen in xbmc.log.

Code:
13:01:21 T:140735185228160 WARNING: Previous line repeats 42 times.

Any idea about how to solve this? Workarround?
I did some minimal tests on Frodo alphas some time ago and was unable to notice this behavior. The CAEUtil::GuessChLayout traces were reported recently, and as explained, they may be related to the fact that the track streaming proxy is sending bad HTTP headers. Thanks for reporting!

(2012-08-10, 21:02)Novin Wrote: Two suggestions / feature requests:

1) Preload, if I start spotimc and have the Whats New tab and then go to Playlists it takes some time to load them. If it were preloaded I would have seen my playlists right away.
2) Cache, if I go back from Playlists to Whats New it needs to be reloaded again.. also the same if I then go back to playlists a second time.

Thanks and I hope both suggestions makes sense Smile
My current focus is mainly on fixing bugs and releasing a final 1.0 version. When it happens I'll start adding new features again, and probably improve load times.

Of course these suggestions make sense (particularly on the plyalist views, that may take ages to load Confused ). Thanks for the suggestion.

(2012-08-11, 17:02)Varazir Wrote: I have seen a bug, I don't know if it's known or not. I have re-enable shuffle every time I start spotimc.
That bug was fixed recently, and it's going to be included on the next release.

(2012-08-13, 19:09)reine1985 Wrote: Amazing job Smile i actually registred on this forum just to post this reply Smile
I'm glad you like the addon!

(2012-08-14, 02:24)aune Wrote: Finally got this addon installed and working Smile
I had some problems with "Script failed. ..", and tried the zips for both alpha and beta without any luck. My final effort was to create a new windows user without the norwegian character 'å', and this solved my problem.
This issue is related to python. It was discussed on github some time ago: https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/14#issuecomment-6067875

(2012-08-14, 12:35)IndexOverflow Wrote: Having some problems with the script failed error.

Trying to install the addon on Rasperry with Raspbmc.
This one is related to libspotify. In short, libspotify is not binary compatible with the latest Raspbmc releases. This was discussed recently on a github issue: https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/48#issuecomment-7817002

(2012-08-17, 16:32)zoyd Wrote: Any progress report for ATV2? thx
I've been fiddling with this issue recently and I have some clues on how to use the iOS library, but sadly it's not ready (yet). Sorry...

(2012-08-17, 16:40)Abrasher Wrote: I would love to push this to the fusion installer if you are okay with that...
Of course, there's no problem! Thank you!

(2012-08-20, 16:39)SKIBBE Wrote: Did a quick search but was not able to find anything so will ask/tell here

If you have "now playing" highlighted and you start the visualizer by hitting tab and then ýou stop the song, you are taken back to the "now playing" screen wich no longer exists due to stoping the song,

Suloution, do not start visualization in the "now playing" screen

Developer: or always have the "now playing" tab visable (the script is meant to play music so why not always show it)

Just wanted to share.
You're right, I'll give it a spin. Thanks for reporting!