Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - MrMario64 - 2012-10-23

Enjoying this plugin beta 2 on my Mac. Working brilliantly!

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - rich710 - 2012-10-25

Today I have tried Spotimc on 3 different PCConfused But It crash XBMC everytime i try to start it, install is no problem.
I have tested both final Eden and Frodo different daily builds, I have tested both beta 1 and beta 2 of SpotiMC but everytime it crashes xbmc.
Any hints of this error? I have looked little in the log, but can't find the error... Have tested now on 2 Ubuntumachines and 3 Win7 machines..
Do I need some prequisities? am I more stupid than allowed Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - pgjensen - 2012-10-27

It crashes for me as well on 10/23 nightly saying Plugin failed.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Svaerke - 2012-10-27

After installing beta-2 (without errors), I also get the "plugin Failed" message. As far as I can tell, this is the relevant bit from the xbmc.log:

Code:
16:03:04 T:2636    INFO: initializing python engine.
16:03:04 T:2636   DEBUG: new python thread created. id=8
16:03:04 T:3408    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
16:03:04 T:3408   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'spotify.LibSpotifyError'>
16:03:04 T:3408   ERROR: Error Contents: Invalid library version
16:03:04 T:3408   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.audio.spotimc\default.py", line 76, in <module>
                                                main(__addon_path__)
                                              File "C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources/libs\spotimcgui\__init__.py", line 258, in main
                                                initially_unload_playlists=False,
                                              File "build\bdist.win32\egg\spotify\session.py", line 313, in __init__
                                                spotify.handle_sp_error(err)
                                              File "build\bdist.win32\egg\spotify\__init__.py", line 20, in handle_sp_error
                                                raise LibSpotifyError(msg)
                                            LibSpotifyError: Invalid library version
16:03:04 T:3408    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
16:03:04 T:5952   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: 0

I tried deleting the old (beta-1) directory and reinstalling, but still experience the above error.

Running Eden on Win x64 (AMD E-350 processor).
Beta-1 works perfectly on the same setup.
I checked the script.audio.spotimc\resources\dlls\windows\x86\libspotify.dll, and it exists (no x64 dll, though, but that was the case with Beta-1 as well). Also, the filesize and creation date is consistent with the beta-2 package and today's date.

Anyone else experience this problem?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Luguber - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-23, 23:19)UprightCitizen Wrote: Ok, seems like it was only my external usb drive plugged in to my htpc that wasn't writable, I suspect it's bevause it's journaled. Anyhow, I can't see all directories and files in finder. Any clue why?

Maybe you need to enable "view hidden files and folders" or something similar. XBMC folder is named .xbmc, I don't know about Mac, but in Linux, the dot in front means it will be hidden.

Anyhow, you can also ssh into it, and edit the file using vi, or nano (add nano as openelec plugin, it's easier than vi). You will find well written guides about how to ssh into it on the openelec wiki pages.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-10-29

Hello,

First of all sorry for the delayed answers. I didn't have much time to dedicate to Spotimc development lately.

Frodo Support:

Spotimc installs and starts successfully on Frodo, but sadly has the following issues I'm aware of:
  • Crashes when some menu and login dialog buttons are pressed: I don't know what is wrong on Spotimc's side. I'm still investigating on this.
  • Freezes when a track is started: I have some clues with this one and started the following thread on the development forum:
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142303

Startup issues on Linux:

I would also want to apologize Linux users, specially x86 user for this issue, since I forgot to test some new code on this arch. I'll have a fix for it this week.

Crash on openelec when playing a track:

This issue went unnoticed because my Openelec test machine was running an outdated beta version, which was unaffected. I can provide a workaround for the next release, but I'll need to investigate on this further.

Other issues:

(2012-10-11, 11:53)perro6969 Wrote: First of all, many thanks for the addon. I'm using it everyday.
I don't have a spotify premium account, but I use the 48h free trial you get everytime you create a new user. It takes 5 min everytime, but for that I get 2 days of free music as premium.
When the free trial expires I can't login to spotimc, what is also right, but the problem is that the addon keeps trying to login and the login window, where I can put my new username and password, never opens. I always have to close xbmc, go to the addons settings and change there the username. When I restart spotymc, then the login window appears.
Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks again for the great work!
This seems the same as this one reported on github:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/68

Tried activating the 48hour trial but was unable to find where I could do it. I've now created an account and waiting to expire the 30 day free trial, in order to reproduce the same exact issue.

(2012-10-29, 10:02)Luguber Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 23:19)UprightCitizen Wrote: Ok, seems like it was only my external usb drive plugged in to my htpc that wasn't writable, I suspect it's bevause it's journaled. Anyhow, I can't see all directories and files in finder. Any clue why?

Maybe you need to enable "view hidden files and folders" or something similar. XBMC folder is named .xbmc, I don't know about Mac, but in Linux, the dot in front means it will be hidden.

Anyhow, you can also ssh into it, and edit the file using vi, or nano (add nano as openelec plugin, it's easier than vi). You will find well written guides about how to ssh into it on the openelec wiki pages.
Agreeing with @Luguber, you can also edit the file via ssh. Anyway, be aware that ssh is disabled by default on latest releases. If that's the case you can read how to enable it on the following Openelec wiki page:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=OpenELEC_FAQ#I_run_nightly_and_ssh_doesn.27t_work_anymore._Why.3F

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Bottswana - 2012-10-31

I thought I would try this on my original first generation AppleTV since I have that set up to only launch XBMC.
Dosen't work unfortunately, though I wasn't expecting it too.

http://pastebin.com/0h1ft2Q8

Code:
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: Error Contents: dlopen(/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify, 6): Symbol not found: ___stack_chk_guard
                                              Referenced from: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify
                                              Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 76, in <module>
                                                main(__addon_path__)
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/__init__.py", line 258, in main
                                                initially_unload_playlists=False,
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/spotify/session.py", line 312, in __init__
                                                err = self.__session_interface.create(ctypes.byref(config), ctypes.byref(self.__session_struct))
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/session.py", line 129, in create
                                                ctypes.POINTER(config), ctypes.POINTER(ctypes.c_void_p)
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 95, in _get_func
                                                return self._get_func2(name, name, restype, *argtypes)
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 85, in _get_func2
                                                lib = self.get_library()
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 66, in get_library
                                                self.__library = self._load_library()
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 111, in _load_library
                                                return ll.load('libspotify')
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 210, in load
                                                library = self._load(name)
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/PyspotifyCtypes.egg/_spotify/__init__.py", line 202, in _load
                                                return loader.LoadLibrary(full_path)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary
                                                return self._dlltype(name)
                                              File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 353, in __init__
                                                self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
                                            OSError: dlopen(/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify, 6): Symbol not found: ___stack_chk_guard
                                              Referenced from: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify
                                              Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: Exception
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: OSError
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: :
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: 'dlopen(/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify, 6): Symbol not found: ___stack_chk_guard\n  Referenced from: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/osx/libspotify\n  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib\n'
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR:  in
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR: <bound method ?.? of <spotify.session.Session instance at 0xe3e6210>>
00:01:32 T:66383872   ERROR:  ignored

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - perro6969 - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-29, 21:39)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 11:53)perro6969 Wrote: First of all, many thanks for the addon. I'm using it everyday.
I don't have a spotify premium account, but I use the 48h free trial you get everytime you create a new user. It takes 5 min everytime, but for that I get 2 days of free music as premium.
When the free trial expires I can't login to spotimc, what is also right, but the problem is that the addon keeps trying to login and the login window, where I can put my new username and password, never opens. I always have to close xbmc, go to the addons settings and change there the username. When I restart spotymc, then the login window appears.
Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks again for the great work!
This seems the same as this one reported on github:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/68

Tried activating the 48hour trial but was unable to find where I could do it. I've now created an account and waiting to expire the 30 day free trial, in order to reproduce the same exact issue.

Hi mazkolain,

thanks for your time!
That's right. That's exact the same problem.
I've created an 48h free account and sent the login information in a PM to you.
Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sandos - 2012-11-02

An interesting little fact: it seems only the official clients are limited in the number of connections. I can play with my mobile or laptop and spotimc at the same time. I even tried playing thrice, one connection was a despotify client. That works too!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sschlosnagle - 2012-11-04

I am having the same problem that gabzuka reported on post 368.

The AddOn starts up and works but most of the UI does not display (pretty much making the AddOn unusable).

I've tried 1.0-beta1 & 1.0-beta2 with identical results.

Here is a snippet of the log file from my last try with 1.0-beta1:

Code:
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Mar 21 2012 (compiler 1600)
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245e Processor
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: Running with restricted rights
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: Aero is enabled
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
17:22:46 T:1684  NOTICE: The executable running is: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe

17:22:48 T:3152  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:22:48 T:3412   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
17:22:56 T:1684 WARNING: XFILE::CMusicDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
17:23:58 T:1684 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
17:23:58 T:1684   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\xbmchd\Downloads\script.audio.spotimc-1.0-beta1.zip\icon.png
17:24:11 T:1684 WARNING: XFILE::CMusicDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
17:24:14 T:3436  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:24:14 T:3436  NOTICE: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\write_test.txt
17:24:14 T:3436  NOTICE: user file: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources/skins/DefaultSkin\720p/font.xml
17:24:14 T:3436  NOTICE: font file:  C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\Font.xml
17:24:14 T:3436  NOTICE: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\write_test.txt
17:24:14 T:3436  NOTICE: install include: C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources/skins/DefaultSkin/720p/includes.xml
17:24:16 T:2872  NOTICE: libspotify: logged in: 0
17:24:16 T:3436  NOTICE: port: 8081
17:24:16 T:1684 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_topmenu_option
17:24:16 T:1684 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
17:24:16 T:1684 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_nowplaying_text
17:24:16 T:1684 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
17:24:16 T:1684 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_nowplaying_time
17:24:16 T:1684 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: spotimc_title

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-11-05

(2012-10-31, 02:29)Bottswana Wrote: I thought I would try this on my original first generation AppleTV since I have that set up to only launch XBMC.
Dosen't work unfortunately, though I wasn't expecting it too.
Spotimc won't work on the ATV1 since the underlying libspotify library requires OSX 10.6+.

You could try running this addon on Openelec, which has builds for ATV1 too:
http://openelec.tv/get-openelec#appletv

(2012-10-31, 08:11)perro6969 Wrote: I've created an 48h free account and sent the login information in a PM to you.
Thanks again!
Fixed on the following commit:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/commit/c7f5f9b354075fad0a2cbc62692204cd3d5d236b

Thanks for the test account!

(2012-11-02, 18:34)sandos Wrote: An interesting little fact: it seems only the official clients are limited in the number of connections. I can play with my mobile or laptop and spotimc at the same time. I even tried playing thrice, one connection was a despotify client. That works too!
Mmm, that's strange. Some time ago remember not being able to use Spotimc and the Android app at the same time...

(2012-11-04, 00:07)sschlosnagle Wrote: I am having the same problem that gabzuka reported on post 368.

The AddOn starts up and works but most of the UI does not display (pretty much making the AddOn unusable).

I've tried 1.0-beta1 & 1.0-beta2 with identical results.
This is an issue I'm aware of, but unable to reproduce. Would be great if you could send me a pastebin of the full log file and two additional skin files (while Spotimc is still running): Font.xml and Includes.xml. Based on the log file you posted they should be in C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\.

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - farside - 2012-11-05

Hi!

This is my first post here , and i´m also new to XBMC.
I have installed XBMC on my win7 pro version and i absolutley love it.
However , since i use spotify on a regular basis i would love to get this addon working.
I have downloaded the beta2 file and installed it from zip.
No problems occured.
However , when i try to start the app the program seems to start , see the circle stating working , but after a few seconds i just get an error message stating that there was a script error in script.audio.spotimc and im jumped back to XBMC screen.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
My build for XBMC is v12 Alpha7.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sschlosnagle - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-05, 21:47)mazkolain Wrote: This is an issue I'm aware of, but unable to reproduce. Would be great if you could send me a pastebin of the full log file and two additional skin files (while Spotimc is still running): Font.xml and Includes.xml. Based on the log file you posted they should be in C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

Here are the files you asked for: sschlosnagle debug.zip

Also via pastebin:
xbmc.log
Font.xml
includes.xml

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - perro6969 - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-05, 21:47)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 08:11)perro6969 Wrote: I've created an 48h free account and sent the login information in a PM to you.
Thanks again!
Fixed on the following commit:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/commit/c7f5f9b354075fad0a2cbc62692204cd3d5d236b

Thanks for the test account!

Hi mazkolain,
I've tried it and it works. Thanks a lot for everything!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sandos - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-05, 21:47)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 18:34)sandos Wrote: An interesting little fact: it seems only the official clients are limited in the number of connections. I can play with my mobile or laptop and spotimc at the same time. I even tried playing thrice, one connection was a despotify client. That works too!
Mmm, that's strange. Some time ago remember not being able to use Spotimc and the Android app at the same time...

Indeed, strange. It now stopped working for whatever reason. I also have a recollection of this not working before. So, everything is back to normal Smile