Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-11-08

(2012-11-05, 22:28)farside Wrote: Hi!

This is my first post here , and i´m also new to XBMC.
I have installed XBMC on my win7 pro version and i absolutley love it.
However , since i use spotify on a regular basis i would love to get this addon working.
I have downloaded the beta2 file and installed it from zip.
No problems occured.
However , when i try to start the app the program seems to start , see the circle stating working , but after a few seconds i just get an error message stating that there was a script error in script.audio.spotimc and im jumped back to XBMC screen.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
My build for XBMC is v12 Alpha7.
Please note that Spotimc is not compatible with XBMC 12 at this moment, since there are some issues yet to resolve.

(2012-11-06, 05:51)sschlosnagle Wrote:
(2012-11-05, 21:47)mazkolain Wrote: This is an issue I'm aware of, but unable to reproduce. Would be great if you could send me a pastebin of the full log file and two additional skin files (while Spotimc is still running): Font.xml and Includes.xml. Based on the log file you posted they should be in C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

Here are the files you asked for: sschlosnagle debug.zip

Also via pastebin:
xbmc.log
Font.xml
includes.xml
I examined the files you posted and everything is ok. Includes.xml is correctly patched (as you can see the Spotimc specific definitions are there).

Please send me another couple of pastebins. This time I will need the addon.xml definitions of your current confluence skin. Since the skin is probably picked from two different locations, you cand find these files on the following folders:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\addon.xml
  • C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\addon.xml

My suspicion is that based on the skin version, XBMC is picking a skin which is not patched by Spotimc, and thus, causes the UI issues you are experiencing.

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sschlosnagle - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-08, 21:58)mazkolain Wrote: Please send me another couple of pastebins. This time I will need the addon.xml definitions of your current confluence skin. Since the skin is probably picked from two different locations, you cand find these files on the following folders:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\addon.xml
  • C:\Users\xbmchd\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\addon.xml

My suspicion is that based on the skin version, XBMC is picking a skin which is not patched by Spotimc, and thus, causes the UI issues you are experiencing.

With your suggestion that it has something to do with the skin selection, I tried changing the skin. That cleared up the issue entirely.

Thank you for all your hard work, both coding and debugging!

btw here are the pastbins if you still want to see them (these are from when it was still broken):
Program Files - addon.xml
Users - addon.xml

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mythmon - 2012-11-11

(2012-07-03, 11:40)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-06-29, 20:12)Luguber Wrote: With xbmcbuntu and spotimc beat1, if you exit spotimc with the exit button in the app, you can restart it just fine. But if you press the home button, you cannot get back into spotimc without restarting.
So if you for example would like to play some songs with spotimc, and then browse your movies while the music is playing. you can not get back into spotimc to change music without restarting. Is it possible maybe to bind a hotkey to jump back to the same spotimc session, instead of trying to start a new?
Didn't have a chance to look at this issue lately. It seems that the running Spotimc instance gets lost in the wild, but have no idea how to bring it back (if it's possible). Thanks for the remainder!

Any progress on this? It would be great to be able to bind a key to launch Spotimc, or switch to it if it is already active.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - EvilUnicorn - 2012-11-11

I see the change log on the files section at github shows beta 3....the download section has only beta 2. Can beta 3 be downloaded?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - NicB - 2012-11-12

Great addon! Work as it should and no problems (had to restart XBMC once after install).

Some features missing:

* When playing from a Playlist and selecting the "Playlists tab", the current playlist should be highlighted/selected.
* Random from Playlists
* Repeat
* When playing from long playlists, the list should scroll down with current song so you are able to see what track that is playing, and what song that is next.
* Quick way to select menu tabs when in a long playlist, without having to scroll throgh the whole list to the beginning first.
* Add/remove track/artist to playlists
* In search, result lists, I could select "Browse Artist/Album". But after selecting Album, I can´t select "Browse Artist" to see other albums with that artist.
* When selecting "Now playing" you should be able to browse current playlist.
* If possible, main menu for XBMC should be accessible.from Spotimc, with Spotimc playing in the background..As when you play music from your music library via XBMC.

Keep up the good work!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-09, 02:36)sschlosnagle Wrote: With your suggestion that it has something to do with the skin selection, I tried changing the skin. That cleared up the issue entirely.

btw here are the pastbins if you still want to see them (these are from when it was still broken):
Users - addon.xml
Mmm, and does it work switching back to Confluence? From the above pastebins I see that both skin versions are the same, so XBMC should be picking the one in the userdata folder (if I'm not mistaken). Perhaps you are running XBMC with an unprivileged account? Will give it a spin...

(2012-11-11, 11:49)mythmon Wrote: Any progress on this? It would be great to be able to bind a key to launch Spotimc, or switch to it if it is already active.
Not yet, sorry.

(2012-11-11, 17:19)EvilUnicorn Wrote: I see the change log on the files section at github shows beta 3....the download section has only beta 2. Can beta 3 be downloaded?
It's not ready yet, but it's almost done. Stay tuned!

(2012-11-12, 10:53)NicB Wrote: Great addon! Work as it should and no problems (had to restart XBMC once after install).
I'm glad you liked the addon! Here are some answers:
  • When playing from a Playlist and selecting the "Playlists tab", the current playlist should be highlighted/selected:
    Good point!

• Random from Playlists:
    Mmm, this should work since beta2. Just enable random from now playing and every playlist/album/search should start in shuffle mode.

• Repeat:
    It has some issues highlighting repeat one/all status, but it should work.

• When playing from long playlists, the list should scroll down with current song so you are able to see what track that is playing, and what song that is next:
    Mmm, I wouldn't expect this behavior on a playlist, since it may be counterproductive on certain situations.

• Quick way to select menu tabs when in a long playlist, without having to scroll throgh the whole list to the beginning first:
    If you navigate right on any list (also works on panels), you'll get to the main menu. Anyway, it's true that this feature is pretty much hidden. Perhaps it should be signaled by a button on the rightmost edge of the screen.

• Add/remove track/artist to playlists:
    That's on my TO-DO list for future releases Smile

• In search, result lists, I could select "Browse Artist/Album". But after selecting Album, I can´t select "Browse Artist" to see other albums with that artist:
    That's right, this action is missing on the album view.

• When selecting "Now playing" you should be able to browse current playlist.:
    That's also on the TO-DO list.

• If possible, main menu for XBMC should be accessible.from Spotimc, with Spotimc playing in the background..As when you play music from your music library via XBMC:
    That has been requested many times, but sadly (as far as I know) this is not possible without a huge code revamp.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. If you encounter more bugs/suggestions feel free to post them on the github project page, so they get tracked properly:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - jackmeehan - 2012-11-13

Mazkolain, I have to hand it to you... Never have I come across an XBMC add-on that "just works" as well as this does. By far the best add-on I've come across, both in terms of aesthetics and function. Really well done, congrats and thank you!

New Spotify user now that they have opened the floodgates to us Irish Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - freigeist - 2012-11-17

Excellent plugin! Highly recommended, unfortunately beta 2 crashes on openelec, beta 1 is working, but I have a problem getting results from artist search (stays on busy icon). Beta 3 on it's way?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - dallasnights - 2012-11-18

Hi there now that Frodo is release for ATV2 does it finally have what you need to make this great app work on ATV2
Please let us know

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - sschlosnagle - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-12, 21:29)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-11-09, 02:36)sschlosnagle Wrote: With your suggestion that it has something to do with the skin selection, I tried changing the skin. That cleared up the issue entirely.

Users - addon.xml
Mmm, and does it work switching back to Confluence? From the above pastebins I see that both skin versions are the same, so XBMC should be picking the one in the userdata folder (if I'm not mistaken). Perhaps you are running XBMC with an unprivileged account? Will give it a spin...

Yes, upon switching back to Confluence SpotiMC worked there as well. It might be because I have not done anything with the skin since I updated from XBMC 10 to 11. So, maybe, some of the settings did not get properly setup. (Compared to a bare version 11 install.
XBMC is running under an Administrator level account.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Novin - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-18, 10:12)dallasnights Wrote: Hi there now that Frodo is release for ATV2 does it finally have what you need to make this great app work on ATV2
Please let us know

Thanks

I have a similar question although not for ATV2, for Frodo on Linux. Is there a way to get the current release (Beta 2) to work or is there a newer version coming which will work?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - RiChaDo - 2012-11-20

well after installing Spotimc 1.0-beta1 I got that some tracks work other tracks give audio errors and no sound but track still runs.
I checked for update & installed Spotimc 1.0-beta2 but this time audio error on startup & it keeps on loading screen...

I use a offical build off XBMCbuntu 11

If I change to beta frodo will this problem be gone?! If so how do I update my xbmc to beta version?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-11-21

Hi,

I'm happy to announce the next beta release, labelled beta3. This is mainly a bug fix release which addresses some of the issues beta2 introduced, plus some additional fixes.

Please follow this link to download the latest package. As usual, the changelog can be viewed here.

And now some pending answers:

(2012-11-13, 22:54)jackmeehan Wrote: Mazkolain, I have to hand it to you... Never have I come across an XBMC add-on that "just works" as well as this does. By far the best add-on I've come across, both in terms of aesthetics and function. Really well done, congrats and thank you!

New Spotify user now that they have opened the floodgates to us Irish Smile
Good to hear these words. Thank you!

(2012-11-17, 14:53)freigeist Wrote: Excellent plugin! Highly recommended, unfortunately beta 2 crashes on openelec, beta 1 is working, but I have a problem getting results from artist search (stays on busy icon). Beta 3 on it's way?
Thank you! Regarding the beta2 Openelec crash, the beta3 release I've just announced provides a workaround for this.

(2012-11-18, 10:12)dallasnights Wrote: Hi there now that Frodo is release for ATV2 does it finally have what you need to make this great app work on ATV2
Please let us know

Thanks
With the latest Frodo releases it should be theoretically possible. Unfortunately I don't currently have the resources required to work on this platform (I don't own an appletv), and I'm unable to continue progress on this, sorry.

(2012-11-19, 20:42)sschlosnagle Wrote: Yes, upon switching back to Confluence SpotiMC worked there as well. It might be because I have not done anything with the skin since I updated from XBMC 10 to 11. So, maybe, some of the settings did not get properly setup. (Compared to a bare version 11 install.
XBMC is running under an Administrator level account.
Tried again and again and I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Will give it another try on the next release... Thanks anyway for all the debug information!

(2012-11-19, 20:52)Novin Wrote: I have a similar question although not for ATV2, for Frodo on Linux. Is there a way to get the current release (Beta 2) to work or is there a newer version coming which will work?
Beta3 fixes some minor issues on the login window. On the other hand, some recent commits on XBMC's main branch have resolved most of the major issues Spotimc suffered. In conclusion, Spotimc should be pretty functional with the latest Frodo beta (beta1, at the time of writing), but there are still some rough edges yet to polish, specially when exitting the addon.

(2012-11-20, 14:01)RiChaDo Wrote: well after installing Spotimc 1.0-beta1 I got that some tracks work other tracks give audio errors and no sound but track still runs.
I checked for update & installed Spotimc 1.0-beta2 but this time audio error on startup & it keeps on loading screen...

I use a offical build off XBMCbuntu 11

If I change to beta frodo will this problem be gone?! If so how do I update my xbmc to beta version?
There are somes issues during startup with beta2 and some Linux flavors. Hopefully beta3 fixes them all.

The audio errors you mentioned sound strange. I would like to see a debug log of this...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Frank-NL - 2012-11-22

Works really well on OpenELEC with a nightly build! You can't disable caching though, it makes the plugin crash on startup, and if you have dirty regions set to 1, the time of the song only updates when you move around on the screen.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - RiChaDo - 2012-11-22

yess it works!! thnx

Let's give my neighbours the fun of me using this Wink

The log still there after updating to beta3? if so can you tell me where to look for it?