Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2012-11-25

- Fix: Album covers were not displayed on remote apps.

Does that mean i can see covers in the "xbmc remote" app for android? it did't work when i tried
(nor the titles like before, in the playlist meny)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - ViZZY - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-25, 14:31)SKIBBE Wrote: - Fix: Album covers were not displayed on remote apps.

Does that mean i can see covers in the "xbmc remote" app for android? it did't work when i tried

thank you so much for looking into this issue, mazkolain! i was delighted to see this in the change log. as skibbe reported though, using the latest frodo beta and the latest yatse android remote, spotimc works brilliantly as it always did with the previous beta, but covers remain undisplayed. covers ARE still displayed as playlist thumbs in the playlist section but never as a full album cover. i'm guessing this is probably due to using frodo but thought i'd report anyway, at least to mention too that spotimc is otherwise running smoothly! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-22, 11:16)Frank-NL Wrote: Works really well on OpenELEC with a nightly build! You can't disable caching though, it makes the plugin crash on startup, and if you have dirty regions set to 1, the time of the song only updates when you move around on the screen.
Thanks for reporting these issues! The dirty regions one is the most strange, and seems to affect the progress bar next to this timer too.

(2012-11-22, 21:47)RiChaDo Wrote: yess it works!! thnx

Let's give my neighbours the fun of me using this Wink

The log still there after updating to beta3? if so can you tell me where to look for it?
The log file will be probably gone. Anyway if you ever encounter this issue again, just pick the current log file and it should be enough.

(2012-11-27, 16:36)ViZZY Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 14:31)SKIBBE Wrote: - Fix: Album covers were not displayed on remote apps.

thank you so much for looking into this issue, mazkolain! i was delighted to see this in the change log. as skibbe reported though, using the latest frodo beta and the latest yatse android remote, spotimc works brilliantly as it always did with the previous beta, but covers remain undisplayed. covers ARE still displayed as playlist thumbs in the playlist section but never as a full album cover. i'm guessing this is probably due to using frodo but thought i'd report anyway, at least to mention too that spotimc is otherwise running smoothly! Big Grin
I initially thought that it was fixed since the covers where showing up nicely on the playlist view of the Yatse remote. Sadly the official remote is unable to display them, neither the main "now playing" screen of Yatse. Definitely this issue needs another spin...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - ViZZY - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-28, 20:16)mazkolain Wrote: I initially thought that it was fixed since the covers where showing up nicely on the playlist view of the Yatse remote. Sadly the official remote is unable to display them, neither the main "now playing" screen of Yatse. Definitely this issue needs another spin...

thanks for the fast reply! well oddly enough, the small cover images always displayed in the playlist section of yatse even in the past, but never the large covers. i remember tolriq pointing out that this had to do with a line of code somewhere having the source = an empty field or something like that. i am hardly a coder but that is what I remember. I will attempt to dig around and find the specific quote as it may or may not aid in a solution. thanks again, mazkolain! looking forward to the inevitable day yatse displays album covers thanks you both your and tolriq's hard work! Big Grin

btw minor issue i noticed with newest frodo beta on win7...when returning from the visualization screen back into spotimc, the album cover of the artist playing disappears and will reappear after leaving the playlist and returning back. also i noticed on the yatse remote in the playlist section, it is NO longer editable...if you move a track it just goes right back to it's original position! thanks for looking into these and lmk if i can provide any more feedback or screen shots! thanks again. :]

EDIT: ok here is that quote from Tolriq...

(2012-09-02, 21:16)Tolriq Wrote: Hi I'm the dev of Yatse (see sign), and effectively you correctly set the thumb information for the playlist but strangely the info is not set for currently playing item.

Here's the result send by Xbmc :

Quote:2012-09-02 11:39:08.423 Verbose/JsonRpc: e.b@242: Response : [{"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"audiostreams":[],"canseek":true,"currentaudiostream":{"bitrate":1411200,"channels":2,"codec":"WAV"},"currentsubtitle":null,"partymode":false,"percentage":22.610687255859375,"playlistid":0,"position":0,"repeat":"all","shuffled":false,"speed":1,"subtitleenabled":false,"subtitles":[],"time":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":240,"minutes":0,"seconds":59},"totaltime":{"hours":0,"milliseconds":0,"minutes":4,"seconds":22},"type":"audio"}},{"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"album":"Sympathy For The Download 00","albumartist":"","artist":"The Walkmen","fanart":"special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/9b4468f2.tbn","file":"http://127.0.0.1:8080/track/3HFbtkED52w1dOqHgGXbgu.wav?idx=0|X-Spotify-Token=13e5626fdc2abc814a5b457cb7e2141f51969e45&User-Agent=Spotimc%2F1.0-beta1+%28XBMC%2F12.0-ALPHA3+Git%3A20120621-858a0a0%29","genre":"","label":"The Rat","rating":51,"thumbnail":"","title":"The Rat","track":3,"type":"song","year":0}}}]

As you can see thumbnail is empty.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Varazir - 2012-12-01

Hello, I'm getting frustrated, first time I install the plugin and reboot it works but the second time it just stops at loading my playlist.

My logfile
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16821

Edit: I removed the addon_data\script.audio.spotimc , now it worked again.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Rprice99 - 2012-12-05

First of all, thank you fo a fantastic add-on!!! This gets a lot of use when friends come oer and they are blown away.

I am running Ede with he Aeon nox skin. That skin has an Artist Image visualization you can use when music is playing...it pulls images based on arist playing and randomly displays them. I have gotten this to work sporadically with spotimc, like once he first day i installed it - but never since. I have tried all configurations in both spipotimc and the aris program add on.

Does anyone hav any ideas about how/if its possible for this to reliably work?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - avmaldo - 2012-12-06

This is an excellent add-on!

Suggestion:

Allow the user to browse XBMC while the add-on is running.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - kingmob - 2012-12-07

The addon appears to have corrupted my skin. I see the rss bar running and info on the top left on the aeon mq4 skin. The rest is pitch black and there appears to be no interaction possible. How do i fix this?

And please consider making the skin according to the standards. Not only do I now run into this problem, I prefer having everything in a similar style of my choosing. I believe xbmc suffers if this will become more common. I of course appreciate it very much that you are making this plugin though, I just think that decision is a mistake.

[edit]
I reinstalled the skin, it is not a lot of fun to have to set up everything again Sad This really shouldn't even be possible imo, a plugin should not touch any other files.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - abusharif - 2012-12-07

Sorry for nagging, but I am curious if anything is being solved for sound issues on OSX?
Original post in August can be found here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147&pid=1171990#pid1171990

Running xbmc beta 1 now on Mountal Lion, and application itself work (login, browsing etc) but playback just gives bunch of static noise =(

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2012-12-08

(2012-11-29, 20:31)ViZZY Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 20:16)mazkolain Wrote: I initially thought that it was fixed since the covers where showing up nicely on the playlist view of the Yatse remote. Sadly the official remote is unable to display them, neither the main "now playing" screen of Yatse. Definitely this issue needs another spin...

thanks for the fast reply! well oddly enough, the small cover images always displayed in the playlist section of yatse even in the past, but never the large covers. i remember tolriq pointing out that this had to do with a line of code somewhere having the source = an empty field or something like that. i am hardly a coder but that is what I remember. I will attempt to dig around and find the specific quote as it may or may not aid in a solution. thanks again, mazkolain! looking forward to the inevitable day yatse displays album covers thanks you both your and tolriq's hard work! Big Grin

btw minor issue i noticed with newest frodo beta on win7...when returning from the visualization screen back into spotimc, the album cover of the artist playing disappears and will reappear after leaving the playlist and returning back. also i noticed on the yatse remote in the playlist section, it is NO longer editable...if you move a track it just goes right back to it's original position! thanks for looking into these and lmk if i can provide any more feedback or screen shots! thanks again. :]
I initially thought that this was due to the fact that Spotimc generated thumbnail urls using 127.0.0.1 as the host component, but that was not the case. As @Tolriq pointed out, Spotimc sets the thumbnail fields properly, but for some unknown reason this field appears empty on JSON responses. Perhaps Spotimc still omits some essential data that should be present on the track information. Will continue investigating.

(2012-12-01, 17:35)Varazir Wrote: Hello, I'm getting frustrated, first time I install the plugin and reboot it works but the second time it just stops at loading my playlist.

My logfile
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16821

Edit: I removed the addon_data\script.audio.spotimc , now it worked again.
Playlist loading issues where fixed some time ago, but it's true that it still may take ages to load if you have many of them.

(2012-12-05, 04:37)Rprice99 Wrote: First of all, thank you fo a fantastic add-on!!! This gets a lot of use when friends come oer and they are blown away.

I am running Ede with he Aeon nox skin. That skin has an Artist Image visualization you can use when music is playing...it pulls images based on arist playing and randomly displays them. I have gotten this to work sporadically with spotimc, like once he first day i installed it - but never since. I have tried all configurations in both spipotimc and the aris program add on.

Does anyone hav any ideas about how/if its possible for this to reliably work?
There are some issues with tracks featuring many artists, as Spotimc sets this information separated by commas. This may cause some fanart loaders to fail identifying the artist properly.

(2012-12-06, 05:31)avmaldo Wrote: This is an excellent add-on!

Suggestion:

Allow the user to browse XBMC while the add-on is running.
As said on previous posts this is a pretty much requested feature, but not currently achievable as this requires lots of effort.

(2012-12-07, 20:44)kingmob Wrote: The addon appears to have corrupted my skin. I see the rss bar running and info on the top left on the aeon mq4 skin. The rest is pitch black and there appears to be no interaction possible. How do i fix this?

And please consider making the skin according to the standards. Not only do I now run into this problem, I prefer having everything in a similar style of my choosing. I believe xbmc suffers if this will become more common. I of course appreciate it very much that you are making this plugin though, I just think that decision is a mistake.

[edit]
I reinstalled the skin, it is not a lot of fun to have to set up everything again Sad This really shouldn't even be possible imo, a plugin should not touch any other files.
I'm really sorry it ended up corrupting your skin. Spotimc will patch some skin files on runtime in order to provide custom fonts and make use of layout includes (in order to avoid cluttering the layout files), and will restore them to their original state when the addon is closed. What probably happened there is that Spotimc crashed during shutdown while it was restoring these files.

And regarding to the design decision to make a custom ui for it (instead of making a standard one like others do), there are many reasons for that. First of all, I think that the standard gui XBMC provides for making plugins is great, but it's very limited in terms of design decisions an addon developer can take. Using the standard gui, an addon ends up being a mere content provider, and many features that do not fit on this layout end up without being implemented. I really appreciate the work of plugin developers, but I believe that the features provided by the Spotify api should not be implemented this way.

And again, sorry if Spotimc corrupted your skin. I've made some recent changes to avoid this issue but it seems that there is something on the shutdown process that keeps causing this. Could be possible to see a log file of the crash?

(2012-12-07, 22:34)abusharif Wrote: Sorry for nagging, but I am curious if anything is being solved for sound issues on OSX?
Original post in August can be found here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147&pid=1171990#pid1171990

Running xbmc beta 1 now on Mountal Lion, and application itself work (login, browsing etc) but playback just gives bunch of static noise =(
Sorry, I forgot this issue completely!

Spotimc serves music streams to XBMC as as plain wave files. Could you please try playing an standalone wave file and check out if the results are the same? Thanks for the remainder!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - abusharif - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-08, 17:30)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-12-07, 22:34)abusharif Wrote: Sorry for nagging, but I am curious if anything is being solved for sound issues on OSX?

Sorry, I forgot this issue completely!

Spotimc serves music streams to XBMC as as plain wave files. Could you please try playing an standalone wave file and check out if the results are the same? Thanks for the remainder!

Hi,

Just tested with WAV file and it plays without problems.

Thanks again Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Frank-NL - 2012-12-09

On OpenELEC 3.0 beta 4 (including XBMC 12.0b3) Spotimc crashes XBMC with the following in the log:

15:40:40 T:2582657856 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:40:40 T:2582657856 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
15:40:40 T:2582657856 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:40:40 T:2582657856 NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/write_test.txt
15:40:40 T:2582657856 ERROR: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/XbmcSkinUtils.egg/skinutils/fonts.py:138: FutureWarnin
g: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
15:40:40 T:2582657856 NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/write_test.txt
15:40:40 T:2582657856 NOTICE: install include: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/720p/includes.xml
15:40:41 T:3016276480 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc
15:40:41 T:3016276480 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:40:41 T:3016276480 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture dialogs/context_nofocus.png
15:40:41 T:3016276480 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture dialogs/context_highlight.png

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Semla - 2012-12-09

When exactly is this plugin ever going to work? I have been following it for almost a year now, and still no success. Today i downloaded XBMC 11 Eden and installed it. Then downloaded the zip-file containing the plugin and installed it via XBMC. When i run it, I still get the "script failed". I have always gotten that error message and there seems that there is nothing else to do.

Edit: I am starting to wonder why I'm bothering, there seems to be no way at all to get this to work. Whatever I do, the error message is there.

Edit2: Tried changing the windows 7 user name to a name with no non-ascii carachters. Didn't help. Tried (insert anything), didn't work.

Edit3: Finally. The last thing was a pure Microsoft bug. Uninstalling XBMC, creating a new user account and installing XBMC in the new user account, does not automatically mean that your user files ends up in your new account. No, they end up in the old account still. Had to remove the old one to keep it from ending up there.

Sv: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Varazir - 2012-12-09

Strange. The last beta is stable on my Ubuntu and Frodo installed HTPC.

Which OS do you run?
Active debug loging, start spotimc and post the log.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - TFHfony - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-09, 17:29)Semla Wrote: When exactly is this plugin ever going to work? I have been following it for almost a year now, and still no success. Today i downloaded XBMC 11 Eden and installed it. Then downloaded the zip-file containing the plugin and installed it via XBMC. When i run it, I still get the "script failed". I have always gotten that error message and there seems that there is nothing else to do.

Edit: I am starting to wonder why I'm bothering, there seems to be no way at all to get this to work. Whatever I do, the error message is there.

Well, it's working fine over here and had been like that for months. I guess there are a few options for you:

* Accept YOU cannot get it to work and wait for Spotify to open up their webbased version.
* Create you own working script instead of wining here.
* Give some more information and some constructive criticism and maybe someone will be kind enough to help...