Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 00:26)tormi Wrote: Thanks alot for this addon! It works great on Eden, hopefully it will be continued for Frodo?! Smile

There are a few small known issues but for the biggest part it runs great under Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - tormi - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-21, 09:37)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 00:26)tormi Wrote: Thanks alot for this addon! It works great on Eden, hopefully it will be continued for Frodo?! Smile

There are a few small known issues but for the biggest part it runs great under Frodo.

I'm sure you get a bunch of questions for addition to you great program. Would it be possible at all to have the possibility to add songs to playlists? This addon "completed" my HTPC. Great stuff!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 21:58)tormi Wrote: I'm sure you get a bunch of questions for addition to you great program. Would it be possible at all to have the possibility to add songs to playlists? This addon "completed" my HTPC. Great stuff!
This feature is planned for future releases, but for now the main focus is on fixing compatibility bugs with Frodo and release a 1.0-final first.

When this final release is made, feature addition will be resumed.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - welly_59 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-11, 10:33)Kibje Wrote: Heads up for Raspberry Pi users:

Some people managed to get SpotiMC 1.0 beta 3 working on the latest RaspBMC (XBMC Release Candidate 3) by modifying a libspotify file.

I am not sure it will be possible for mazkolain to distribute this hacked / modified file (because of the spotify developers license) but I suspect we might see some news soon.

armhwf version of libspotify has been released by spotify now so no need to modify any libspotify files. I have sent the spotimc creator the details

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 11:42)welly_59 Wrote: armhwf version of libspotify has been released by spotify now so no need to modify any libspotify files. I have sent the spotimc creator the details
I am pretty sure he is already aware (https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/48) but thanks for the help!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - tormi - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-22, 22:10)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 21:58)tormi Wrote: I'm sure you get a bunch of questions for addition to you great program. Would it be possible at all to have the possibility to add songs to playlists? This addon "completed" my HTPC. Great stuff!
This feature is planned for future releases, but for now the main focus is on fixing compatibility bugs with Frodo and release a 1.0-final first.

When this final release is made, feature addition will be resumed.

+1 for that! Awesomeness is upon us Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Tommy24 - 2013-01-27

Hi,
i'm using the add-on and i'm very thankul for your work.
My Problem ist i'm using the yatse remote which uses the support for extensions.
My problem is that i can't start Spotimc from the remote and not browse the songs. But when i've opened a playlist it shows the songs in the yatse android app.
Will there be support in spotimc for this like other addons do? It works for most of the add-ons.
It would be very cool because i want to use my mediacenter headless on my receiver.

Thanks in advance!!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - joeyf - 2013-01-29

Been through this thread and and can't get this addon working for the life of me. Can someone tell me which addon package I should be using and which library.so applies to my device? Here is contents of my /proc/cpuinfo:

Code:
Processor    : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor    : 0
BogoMIPS    : 2399.21

processor    : 1
BogoMIPS    : 2399.21

Features    : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer    : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant    : 0x3
CPU part    : 0xc09
CPU revision    : 0

Hardware    : RK30board
Revision    : 0000
Serial        : 0000000000000000

Crashes every time no matter what I do when using the current package from the repository (I also added the script.module.elementtree into the addons folder). I am using XBMC (12.0-RC3 Git:20130102-7a6cb7f) for Android. I did notice there was no dll folder specifically for an armv7 in the addon package. I tried creating an armv7 folder in the dll folder, inserted the libspotify.so for an armv7 from the developer downloads site and modified envutils.py to point to that folder. That doesn't work either. This is my log file at crash time:

Code:
10:05:45 T:1690807432   ERROR: : Trying to clear non existent block /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc
10:05:45 T:1690807432   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 3 (/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py) to stop
10:05:45 T:1690807432   DEBUG: python thread 3 (/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py) destructed
10:05:50 T:1690807432   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
10:06:01 T:1690807432    INFO:  - Closing session to http://feeds.feedburner.com (easy=0x67fc2d80, multi=0x67e07fd8)
10:06:13 T:1690807432   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: libImageLib-arm.so)
10:06:13 T:1690807432   DEBUG: Unloading: libImageLib-arm.so

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Ballistic - 2013-01-31

Thanks alot for this awesome addon!

At the moment it's the only thing missing from my new Frodo setup. I hope you can fix compatiblity soon Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 23:09)Ballistic Wrote: Thanks alot for this awesome addon!

At the moment it's the only thing missing from my new Frodo setup. I hope you can fix compatiblity soon Smile

The plugin is compatible with Frodo, not with all operating systems out there but certainly with XBMCBuntu and XBMC for Windows.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Ballistic - 2013-02-01

It does not function on Frodo with Windows 7 x64 here.
I can install the plugin but as soon as i start it i get a "Plugin Failed" popup.

Would u like a log?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-02-02

(2013-01-27, 02:17)Tommy24 Wrote: Hi,
i'm using the add-on and i'm very thankul for your work.
My Problem ist i'm using the yatse remote which uses the support for extensions.
My problem is that i can't start Spotimc from the remote and not browse the songs. But when i've opened a playlist it shows the songs in the yatse android app.
Will there be support in spotimc for this like other addons do? It works for most of the add-ons.
It would be very cool because i want to use my mediacenter headless on my receiver.

Thanks in advance!!
I believe that this limitation comes from the fact Spotimc being a script, instead of a plugin.

I have plans to make it more remote friendly in the future, but not yet, as I feel that bug fixes and othe feature additions should go first. ANyway, thanks for the feedback!

(2013-01-29, 17:19)joeyf Wrote: Been through this thread and and can't get this addon working for the life of me. Can someone tell me which addon package I should be using and which library.so applies to my device? Here is contents of my /proc/cpuinfo:

Crashes every time no matter what I do when using the current package from the repository (I also added the script.module.elementtree into the addons folder). I am using XBMC (12.0-RC3 Git:20130102-7a6cb7f) for Android. I did notice there was no dll folder specifically for an armv7 in the addon package. I tried creating an armv7 folder in the dll folder, inserted the libspotify.so for an armv7 from the developer downloads site and modified envutils.py to point to that folder. That doesn't work either. This is my log file at crash time:
I managed to get it working on an Android device using the Android build of libspotify, inserting the following code in envutils.py.
Code:
if xbmc.getCondVisibility('System.Platform.Android'):
    add_library_path(os.path.join(base_dir, 'android'))

Sadly, it crashed shortly after it reached to the new music view, so this means that it needs more review on this platform. Anyway, I'm very interested on adding support for this platform, and would be very thankful to see log files and possible crashes of Spotimc running on Android.

Thanks in advance!

(2013-02-01, 19:09)Ballistic Wrote: It does not function on Frodo with Windows 7 x64 here.
I can install the plugin but as soon as i start it i get a "Plugin Failed" popup.

Would u like a log?
Did you get the installation package from the automatic Github downloads? If so, keep in mind that these download packages are not valid, since they lack some required binary dependencies (python eggs, libspotify builds, ...). You can find the proper ones on the following link:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/wiki/Downloads

Also note that if you are using x64 builds of XBMC (though I don't believe to be official at the time of writing) libspotify won't work, since it's x86 only.

If none of the above is correct, you can send me a log file and I'll see whats going on.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - BillDino - 2013-02-03

Dont mean to be a bother but do you think this will ever work with the apple tv 2 running xbmc?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - gaschi - 2013-02-04

Thanks a lot for this great plugin and your hard work!!!

I was wondering if you have already any plans on implementing the radio function?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dhorse - 2013-02-05

I have been working on a HypeMachine App for about a month now, and i noticed that there is actually a HypeMachine App for spotify. Do you think that is something we should be adding to this plugin? That may make it simpler for all users since it would make this a more all encompassing app instead of like 5 different plugins.