Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-02-15

Since i updated to frodo i have noticed:

When vizuliation starts/you start then revert/turn it off the album/covers are gone in SpotiMC. Exept in "now playing" box.
They are shown again if you reload the playlist for example.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - ortix - 2013-02-16

I can't seem to get it to work on my Frodo installation on my apple TV 2. I have no idea what is going on.. I installed the zip, it did some updating and then I rebooted the apple TV. Now when i start spotify, the loading circle appears for a couple of seconds and then crashes XBMC completely.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-02-16

(2013-02-16, 11:15)ortix Wrote: I can't seem to get it to work on my Frodo installation on my apple TV 2. I have no idea what is going on.. I installed the zip, it did some updating and then I rebooted the apple TV. Now when i start spotify, the loading circle appears for a couple of seconds and then crashes XBMC completely.

Do you have spotimc to boot inte playlist mode? If so change to "new stuff" it is fixed in the upcoming release

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - ortix - 2013-02-16

(2013-02-16, 11:18)SKIBBE Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 11:15)ortix Wrote: I can't seem to get it to work on my Frodo installation on my apple TV 2. I have no idea what is going on.. I installed the zip, it did some updating and then I rebooted the apple TV. Now when i start spotify, the loading circle appears for a couple of seconds and then crashes XBMC completely.

Do you have spotimc to boot inte playlist mode? If so change to "new stuff" it is fixed in the upcoming release

I had it indeed set to playlist mode. I changed it to new stuff but it still crashes. Should I reinstall it?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - joetorttu - 2013-02-16

Spotimc wont start on my ATV2 Frodo. It says: script.failed: script.audio.spotimc. Wheres the problem?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36045

thnx in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - joetorttu - 2013-02-17

EDIT: nevermind...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - dallasnights - 2013-02-18

Does this finally work with ATV2 Frodo, please let me know and if so how do I do it

Thanks all

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-20

Does this addon work with the android version of xbmc?

Reason I ask is because i installed it but it won't open.

If there is no obvious reason why it shouldn't work then i'll get a hold of my log and post it up.

Just wondering if it's a known issue or not?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - joeyf - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 17:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: Does this addon work with the android version of xbmc?

If there is no obvious reason why it shouldn't work then i'll get a hold of my log and post it up.

I've tried and tried and can't get it to work. I posted about it and got a response that the developer got it working, but it crashed soon after.
Would be interested in seeing your log because I am just getting a generic error that could be anything.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dina - 2013-02-20

I also can't get this to work (Windows 7, XBMC, Eden, Refocus skin). I have Spotify Premium. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/YgbzXPTS

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-02-20

Just a brief update... I've been working on some major issues lately (mostly Frodo compatibility fixes) and I'm planning to release another beta soon, and leave all the minor issues for 1.0 final.

A note for ATV2 users: This addon is not yet compatible with this platform, since I don't own the hardware (a Mac and an ATV2) to perform the required changes and tests. Some people voluteered to work on this task, but I have no news yet.

And now some pending answers. Sorry for the delay...

(2013-02-05, 21:43)Dhorse Wrote: I have been working on a HypeMachine App for about a month now, and i noticed that there is actually a HypeMachine App for spotify. Do you think that is something we should be adding to this plugin? That may make it simpler for all users since it would make this a more all encompassing app instead of like 5 different plugins.
I feel that your work should be implemented as a standalone plugin, instead of being bundled inside another one. This way a user is not required to have a Spotify account in order to use it. The official Spotify client provides a Hype machine app because nowadays it's a platform itself, rather than a mere music player.

Also, I'm curious on how it could integrate with Spotify content. Does it's api return spotify content id's (much like echonest api does)?

(2013-02-05, 22:14)joeyf Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 00:45)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 17:19)joeyf Wrote: Been through this thread and and can't get this addon working for the life of me. Can someone tell me which addon package I should be using and which library.so applies to my device? Here is contents of my /proc/cpuinfo:

Crashes every time no matter what I do when using the current package from the repository (I also added the script.module.elementtree into the addons folder). I am using XBMC (12.0-RC3 Git:20130102-7a6cb7f) for Android. I did notice there was no dll folder specifically for an armv7 in the addon package. I tried creating an armv7 folder in the dll folder, inserted the libspotify.so for an armv7 from the developer downloads site and modified envutils.py to point to that folder. That doesn't work either. This is my log file at crash time:
I managed to get it working on an Android device using the Android build of libspotify, inserting the following code in envutils.py.
Code:
if xbmc.getCondVisibility('System.Platform.Android'):
    add_library_path(os.path.join(base_dir, 'android'))

Sadly, it crashed shortly after it reached to the new music view, so this means that it needs more review on this platform. Anyway, I'm very interested on adding support for this platform, and would be very thankful to see log files and possible crashes of Spotimc running on Android.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure quite how to edit the envutils.py file...do I just add the line to the standard file, or do I just create a new file with just that line in it? Also, do I create a folder called "android" and install the libspotify.so in that folder?

Would be happy to experience even slightly different errors at this point. Will submit more logs once I understand the correct setup for Android.
envutils.py should look like this (starting at line 62):

Code:
def set_library_paths(base_dir):
    platform_str = get_platform()
    arch_str = get_architecture()

if xbmc.getCondVisibility('System.Platform.Android'):
        add_library_path(os.path.join(base_dir, 'android'))

elif platform_str == 'linux':
        if arch_str in(None, 'x86'):
Note that the file above matches the one present on the beta3 release. The development version on git is slightly different. Also, you'll have to create the folder resources/dlls/android, with the corresponding libspotify.so inside it.

(2013-02-15, 11:51)SKIBBE Wrote: Since i updated to frodo i have noticed:

When vizuliation starts/you start then revert/turn it off the album/covers are gone in SpotiMC. Exept in "now playing" box.
They are shown again if you reload the playlist for example.
This issue is already fixed on the current development tree and will be included on the next beta release.

As mentioned on the post opening, Spotimc is not compatible with ATV2, and it should exit with a crash. Anyway, I wasn't expecting it to crash the entire XBMC process...

(2013-02-20, 17:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: Does this addon work with the android version of xbmc?

Spotimc is not yet compatible with Android. Please check my answer to @joeyf above on how give it a try on that platform.

(2013-02-20, 20:28)Dina Wrote: I also can't get this to work (Windows 7, XBMC, Eden, Refocus skin). I have Spotify Premium. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/YgbzXPTS
Spotimc starts an embedded proxy server that serves images and track streams from libspotify to XBMC. Starting at line 25 of the log file you provided, I can see all sort of network read errors.

Do you have some kind of firewall software blocking connections from XBMC to that server? Also, the builtin Win7 firewall may have asked you that XBMC was attempting to listen for connections...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dina - 2013-02-21

Quote:Spotimc starts an embedded proxy server that serves images and track streams from libspotify to XBMC. Starting at line 25 of the log file you provided, I can see all sort of network read errors.

Do you have some kind of firewall software blocking connections from XBMC to that server? Also, the builtin Win7 firewall may have asked you that XBMC was attempting to listen for connections...

Good call, when I get back home I'll try again with my Firewall turned off. Also, what port would be good to portforward to my HTPC? Any clue?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-21, 13:13)Dina Wrote: Also, what port would be good to portforward to my HTPC? Any clue?
The server is started for the sole purpose of serving images and audio streams to XBMC. It's going to listen for local connections, so now port forwarding is required.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Dina - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-21, 21:27)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 13:13)Dina Wrote: Also, what port would be good to portforward to my HTPC? Any clue?
The server is started for the sole purpose of serving images and audio streams to XBMC. It's going to listen for local connections, so now port forwarding is required.

Oh, right. So it's like a server embedded within my system that sends data to XBMC. I don't know if my Windows Firewall can even block such a thing, but I'll allow everything XBMC-related just in case. Will test this over the weekend.

Any other stuff looking awry in that log? Other issues that might be cropping up?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - LongbowFoSho - 2013-02-23

I've been using XBMC for years now (started on Dharma I think?) and just now registered on here to tell you thank you for this amazing add-on. Its working nearly flawlessly on Frodo on our main HTPC and I'm like a kid in a candy store. I always get tired of using the iPhone dock with my Onkyo receiver to use Spotify and now I don't have to. Like nearly everything else media related (still working on getting stable PVR), I can now just go to XBMC and enjoy.

It says it can't find one or two songs on my playlists (maybe two or three out of 300), but I'm not complaining at all. I love Spotify and XBMC and can now enjoy both at the same time.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!