Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

AW: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - emal011 - 2013-04-13

Spotify unlimited is a premium account too, isn`t?

RE: AW: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - chr1spy - 2013-04-13

(2013-04-13, 16:43)emal011 Wrote: Spotify unlimited is a premium account too, isn`t?

No, it's not, because you are not able to use Spotity on other devices than your PC. You will need the premium package.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - fruitgull - 2013-04-20

Will my followers in Spotify see what tracks I play when I use this plugin?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - nanohits - 2013-04-23

Lovely addon Smile. Im using Gotham build and it seems to work fine except that after the 1st song, starting the 2nd track the songs goes silent and I need ot exit out and start over and the same result, the 2nd track onwards it goes silent whilst the screen shows it is playing. Playing music form my hard drive works fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - KEENsBRAIN - 2013-04-23

I have installed the beta4 on my AsRock ION 330 with openelec3.0.

Problem is, as i want to type in my Username and PW the screen dosn't allow me to type in Letters but thinks I'm typing in shortcuts for example "s" for shutdown.

This usualy works fine since I have switched on the keyboard key recognision in the system setup.

Has someone got an idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
KEENsBRAIN

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - jdanjou - 2013-04-26

Hey there,

Just starting to try spotimc -- looks amazing.

The problem is that I run XBMC on an dual-core Atom 330 1.6 GHz, and XBMC and I've a lot of audio dropout. From what I've seen, the CPU goes above 100 % usage for the xbmc.bin process, so that might be the source of the problem.
I didn't have time so far to do some profiling, but any hint or something to try would be helpful.
I've already tried to change the streaming quality to 96 Kbps, but that didn't help.

Thanks guys!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-20, 14:19)fruitgull Wrote: Will my followers in Spotify see what tracks I play when I use this plugin?
Good question, never thought of it. Reading the libspotify docs it seems that the listening activity is visible by default. Will have to add a config option to allow disabling this.

So... Be careful when listening to JB in private using this addon Wink

Thanks for reporting!

(2013-04-23, 10:20)nanohits Wrote: Lovely addon Smile. Im using Gotham build and it seems to work fine except that after the 1st song, starting the 2nd track the songs goes silent and I need ot exit out and start over and the same result, the 2nd track onwards it goes silent whilst the screen shows it is playing. Playing music form my hard drive works fine.
Are you using some kind of lyrics provider script? There are some known issues between them and Spotimc. If that's the case, you can find a workaround on the following post:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/92#issuecomment-15029166

(2013-04-23, 16:08)KEENsBRAIN Wrote: I have installed the beta4 on my AsRock ION 330 with openelec3.0.

Problem is, as i want to type in my Username and PW the screen dosn't allow me to type in Letters but thinks I'm typing in shortcuts for example "s" for shutdown.

This usualy works fine since I have switched on the keyboard key recognision in the system setup.

Has someone got an idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
KEENsBRAIN
Note that you cannot type directly on the username and password fields at the moment. You'll have to press enter and a keyboard dialog will pop up.

(2013-04-26, 09:37)jdanjou Wrote: Hey there,

The problem is that I run XBMC on an dual-core Atom 330 1.6 GHz, and XBMC and I've a lot of audio dropout. From what I've seen, the CPU goes above 100 % usage for the xbmc.bin process, so that might be the source of the problem.
I didn't have time so far to do some profiling, but any hint or something to try would be helpful.
I've already tried to change the streaming quality to 96 Kbps, but that didn't help.

Thanks guys!
I also run Spotimc on a 330 board and didn't notice this issue. Could you please send me a pastebin of that log file to see what's going on? Also, does the cpu peak sporadically or it's on a constant heavy load? Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Frank-NL - 2013-04-26

I am under the impression the social functions do not work with Spotimc. So my friends do not see what I listen to and also the top tracks list is only populated with songs played from the desktop or Android clients from Spotify.

Do not know for sure though...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - jdanjou - 2013-04-27

Quote:
(2013-04-26, 09:37)jdanjou Wrote: Hey there,

Thanks guys!
I also run Spotimc on a 330 board and didn't notice this issue. Could you please send me a pastebin of that log file to see what's going on? Also, does the cpu peak sporadically or it's on a constant heavy load? Thanks in advance!

Here's the log
http://pastebin.com/uanxGUnn

It's not peaks, the CPU is always at around 100 % (and sometimes even more since the XBMC thread stats are aggregated inside top, so I even have 120 or 130 %)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - gizmotoy - 2013-04-28

Starting a few weeks ago, Spotimc has refused to play any music. I get an error message to check the log, which I've attached here. I see the errs, but not what the cause could be. Any ideas? I'm on Beta 4, and I've seen this on XBMC 12.1 and 12.2-PRE.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14484

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Most Wanted - 2013-04-28

Hello mazkolain

This addon is great!!!!
Is it possible to make a Version that runs on apple TV2.

Thanks Guys!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - KrisB - 2013-05-02

Thanks for your efforts; got this working on Frodo windows release. Works a treat :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - brian_muz - 2013-05-07

Apologies if this has been asked before. I went back several pages on this thread and couldn't find the answer.

I just installed Spotimc Beta 4 on Frodo 12.2

When I go to open it I get the following error:

OSERROR: Unable to find 'libspotify'

I have a premium Spotify account.

Other details about my setup - Windows 8, Spotify 0.9.0.133

Anyone know how to fix this?

Re: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-05-07

You did not download it from github by any chance did you?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - MarceFX - 2013-05-07

Any plans on making this plugin Android friendly?

Thanks!