Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-18, 12:23)jdanjou Wrote: Definitely, still have, I cant use spotimc because of that. I don't think it's a network issue; I've fiber optic connection with 100 MBps bandwidth… Smile

The CPU load is near 100% all of the time, it's really weird. I wish I would have a way to track this down, but profiling at this stage isn't something I know how to do. I'd be to test anything OTOH. Smile

Does the same happen when just playing two channel wav or/and mp3 files ? I suspect this has nothing to do with SpotiMC

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - jdanjou - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 12:55)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 12:23)jdanjou Wrote: Definitely, still have, I cant use spotimc because of that. I don't think it's a network issue; I've fiber optic connection with 100 MBps bandwidth… Smile

The CPU load is near 100% all of the time, it's really weird. I wish I would have a way to track this down, but profiling at this stage isn't something I know how to do. I'd be to test anything OTOH. Smile

Does the same happen when just playing two channel wav or/and mp3 files ? I suspect this has nothing to do with SpotiMC

Not as far as I can tell, I can read any sound file (MP3, Ogg, wav…) without any trouble. And watch 1080p movies too. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - dugan26 - 2013-05-30

does this plugin work on eden?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Frank-NL - 2013-05-30

If you would read the first post you could find out.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - dugan26 - 2013-05-30

ugh sorry and thanks man-

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - dugan26 - 2013-05-31

so ... i get all the way to the spotify screen pick a song and then that little box in the upper right with the "play" button - shows up, goes away, shows up, goes away - basically toggles back and forth - until xbmc totally locks up.

Running Eden-

thoughts?

many thanks in advance ... would love to get this working

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - norwegiannoob - 2013-06-02

http://i.imgur.com/zmwk09m.png

I was able to load the spotimc addon first time but now i only get this message....

Running on Win7 x64 XBMC 12,2 (newest ) and 1.0-beta4 release.

I have tried different versions now aswell but i still keep getting the same thing.

Is there a fix for this ?

Great addon btw. Hopefully this will make spotify play 5.1 not "stereo" on my HTPC.

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - LongbowFoSho - 2013-06-08

Any plans to add radio functionality to this? If its already been asked, sorry. I scrolled through the last ten pages or so and didn't see it.

Great plug-in and thanks again, as always!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-06-09

(2013-05-09, 17:04)radiojef Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 02:10)brian_muz Wrote: Thanks mazkolain.

It looks like the install process isn't even creating the script.audio.spotimc folder for some reason... I turned off all security and tried to re-install. Same deal. It tells me the addon has been enabled, but when I start it up I get the error message about being unable to find the libspotify file and the script.audio.spotimc folder isn't in the addons folder.

Same here, mostly. the folder is not being created in the addons folder. However, in my instance, the add-on is able to login to Spotify, it just doesn't display any of the content. The side panel is blank white, the New tab has nothing displayed, the playlists tab says "38 playlists" (accurate to my spotify account) but shows nothing, Searching allows me to type on a keyboard and displays "12 search results listed" but nothing is listed below.

Any ideas?

Edit: Works for me on Raspbmc. But not Windows, as mentioned above.
If you are using Confluence try switching to any other skin, and then back to Confluence. There's a known issue that goes away when that workaround is used. Hope this helps...

(2013-05-14, 05:26)Björn Wrote: It would be great, if i can access the playlist of spotify with yatse, without navigate through the menu.
This feature is not currently supported. I'm seeking for a way to solve this shortcoming, but sadly it will have to wait...

(2013-05-16, 20:46)Speedy911 Wrote: Hi

Hope someone can help me!

When listening to spotimc, and it goes to that Music screen saver mode I cant get back into spotimc, it just crashes xbmc.
Also if I stops spotimc and watch a movie, when i click at the spotimc icon again, xbmc crashes.

I am on win 7 x64 with xbmc 12.2- have tried 12.1

AnyoneHuh
As of 1.0-beta4 there's no way to reliably run Spotimc in the background. I'm currently working on the crash issue, and hopefully a fix will be included on the next release.

(2013-05-29, 13:05)jdanjou Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 12:55)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 12:23)jdanjou Wrote: The CPU load is near 100% all of the time, it's really weird. [...]

Not as far as I can tell, I can read any sound file (MP3, Ogg, wav…) without any trouble. And watch 1080p movies too. Smile
As said, I have some clues of what could be going on. It could be related to some changes that were introduced in beta4. Have you tried with beta3?

(2013-05-31, 17:51)dugan26 Wrote: so ... i get all the way to the spotify screen pick a song and then that little box in the upper right with the "play" button - shows up, goes away, shows up, goes away - basically toggles back and forth - until xbmc totally locks up.

Running Eden-

thoughts?

many thanks in advance ... would love to get this working
I can confirm that it fails on Eden, and it's related to a change that was introduced in beta4. Until a fix is released, you could try with beta3.

(2013-06-02, 22:07)norwegiannoob Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/zmwk09m.png

I was able to load the spotimc addon first time but now i only get this message....

Running on Win7 x64 XBMC 12,2 (newest ) and 1.0-beta4 release.

I have tried different versions now aswell but i still keep getting the same thing.

Is there a fix for this ?

Great addon btw. Hopefully this will make spotify play 5.1 not "stereo" on my HTPC.

Cheers.
That's strange. That message should not appear once you restart XBMC. It could be somewhat late, but could you please send a pastebin of a log file that gets generated until this message is shown.

Thanks in advance.

(2013-06-08, 21:19)LongbowFoSho Wrote: Any plans to add radio functionality to this? If its already been asked, sorry. I scrolled through the last ten pages or so and didn't see it.

Great plug-in and thanks again, as always!
I have plans to implement radio, but sadly there are two roadblocks on the way:
  • Spotify recently removed radio support from their API, so in order to implement this feature we'll have to look somewhere else.
  • A possible way could be to use Echo Nest, but sadly the call rate limit is too low for non commercial uses (great for a single client, but unsuitable for many clients making simultaneous requests).

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - norwegiannoob - 2013-06-11

Cheers.
[/quote]
That's strange. That message should not appear once you restart XBMC. It could be somewhat late, but could you please send a pastebin of a log file that gets generated until this message is shown.

Thanks in advance.

I made a new admin account with a new account name WITHOUT norwegian letters (ÆØÅ) and it did run without any errors... Problem solved!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - waterfoul - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-09, 21:36)mazkolain Wrote: I have plans to implement radio, but sadly there are two roadblocks on the way:
  • Spotify recently removed radio support from their API, so in order to implement this feature we'll have to look somewhere else.
  • A possible way could be to use Echo Nest, but sadly the call rate limit is too low for non commercial uses (great for a single client, but unsuitable for many clients making simultaneous requests).
I actually disagree with your statement of Echo Nest as you can use local caching of the playlist decisions and every 5 songs do your dynamic/steer and dynamic/feedback calls (would only need one of each) then run dynamic/next and get 5 songs This would make the playlist less dynamic but would effectively let 100 users simultaneously use it (max 3 calls every 15 mins assuming 4 mins/song). You could also use the X-RateLimit-Limit/X-RateLimit-Remaining values to slow or speed up the api calls (I would say 10% use would be update every song, 50% use would be update every 5). It also looks like the echonest guys would be willing to raise this for cheap/free. I would personally be willing to help develop this type of feature and would probably be willing to throw a little of money in the pot if we need it.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - waterfoul - 2013-06-14

Grr... I can't get it to compile pyspotifyctypes correctly... i keep getting an access violation error

Update: It happend during the _session.callbacks function call
Update: Got it working but I don't know how....

Now that I have a dev environment, time to get the playlist UI copied for the Radios

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-06-17

(2013-06-13, 05:37)waterfoul Wrote: I actually disagree with your statement of Echo Nest as you can use local caching of the playlist decisions and every 5 songs do your dynamic/steer and dynamic/feedback calls (would only need one of each) then run dynamic/next and get 5 songs This would make the playlist less dynamic but would effectively let 100 users simultaneously use it (max 3 calls every 15 mins assuming 4 mins/song). You could also use the X-RateLimit-Limit/X-RateLimit-Remaining values to slow or speed up the api calls (I would say 10% use would be update every song, 50% use would be update every 5). It also looks like the echonest guys would be willing to raise this for cheap/free. I would personally be willing to help develop this type of feature and would probably be willing to throw a little of money in the pot if we need it.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. When I noticed that the rate limit was shared I had lots of doubts about it's viability, but now I believe that the local cache plus throttling the api calls (based on the headers) would lower these requirements.

On the other hand I also thought about negotiating this limit. The money required for this (if any) could come from donations (I'll have to open this option first).

(2013-06-14, 14:07)waterfoul Wrote: Grr... I can't get it to compile pyspotifyctypes correctly... i keep getting an access violation error

Update: It happend during the _session.callbacks function call
Update: Got it working but I don't know how....

Now that I have a dev environment, time to get the playlist UI copied for the Radios
Thanks for your effort! Anyway, I feel that the playlist UI does not fit very well on this feature. On some sketches I made long ago for this I thought about two screens (mimicking the concept of the official client):
  • An initial screen that lists recently used stations, plus other default ones based on favourites (artists, songs, and albums).
  • The actual radio screen, with a coverflow-esque appearance.
Feel free to ask any doubts about the GUI and libspotify bindings in general. The screen management code needs some rework and cleanup, but you could take a look at the New Stuff and Now Playing ones, as they should be much simpler than Playlists.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - jah_82 - 2013-06-17

Just wanted to say that this plugin is really awesome. If there is anything I could request (no big deal though) is have an option to play randomized visualization for each next song. Might be cool. I don't know I'm new to xbmc so it may not even be on your end. Anyway, thanks for this amazing spotify app. It seems to be working great right now. I'll report any thing I notice as far as bugs if I find any. Jah

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - exiledone1 - 2013-06-18

I just found this plugin and its amazing! I've been trying to go thru some of the old post but with 71 pages its sort of hard.

I wanted to know if your plugin lets us clear the cache because the iPhone and ipad version of spotify doesn't let you and you have to manually delete the app to delete the cache since spotify doesn't cache like other similar services. So is there a way to clear the cache if need be?

Love the design, it works great and this may be the best plugin I've come across. Great work!

Oh and does this work for ATV2Huh

Amazing work on this plugin Smile

Josh