Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - thebearnecessit - 2013-07-13

mazkolain,

itching to have this addon working on android.

i'm no coder but i have some time if i can help with anything like testing?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-09, 09:20)nipnup Wrote: The gap happens with every track (I don't have the same issue with Spotify itself so I doubt it is a network issue). Will try to get a log up as soon as I am back home
Any news on this topic? If you are still experiencing these issues please send me the log file, which would help debugging. Thanks in advance!

(2013-07-10, 16:29)knugen Wrote: This is a great addon. Spotify is a must on a HTPC.

I would really like to keep XBMC/Windows from going into hibernation/sleep when playing music. For example, the sleep function doesn't kick in when you watch a video. It should be the same in this addon, when playing music.

Much appreciated Smile

Btw, you should open a founding/contribute-account and let people help you getting the time to fine-tune this app.
Never noticed this before. BTW, which are your settings on Settings > System > Power saving? Mine are Off, Off, Quit (the defaults, I believe).

(2013-07-12, 14:54)miniburk Wrote: I searched for an answer but couldn't find any in this thread.

Sometimes when I play music it works great, but like, every third or second track, an issue appear. It plays the music in three sec, then the sound disappear. It still count the seconds into the song but no sound.

Regards PB
There are some known issues with lyric scripts which may affect playback behavior. Check this issue comment for a temporary workaround:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/92#issuecomment-15029166

If it did not help, I'll need a log file to further analyze what's going on on your setup.

(2013-07-13, 02:52)thebearnecessit Wrote: mazkolain,

itching to have this addon working on android.

i'm no coder but i have some time if i can help with anything like testing?
You will have to patch envutils.py on the spotimc installation root, adding lines 71 and 72 of the following file:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/blob/e5f5f5e1e13d62d1c26ef0951c828e05a2cc6c68/envutils.py#L71

Apart from that, you will need to place the android specific libspotify binary (named libspotify.so.12.1.51 on the official zip from spotify), under resources/dlls/android/libspotify.so.

Sadly it doesn't seem enough to make it run. There may be some issues with the skin patching hack, apart from some mysterious crashes I was unable to track down. Good luck!

Is there any chance to get it working on XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1? - e6on - 2013-07-19

I am trying to use this addon on Raspberry Pi with XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1. I installed it and when I run it I get login screen. I insert my Spotify credentials and press OK. Then it shows the busy icon fore while and then Raspberry Pi drops to command prompt (black screen with linux login). Is there any chance to get it working on XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - miniburk - 2013-07-20

Not an expert at this, but for those that experience the same problem as me; I deleted addon data and it seem to work great again... =)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - miniburk - 2013-07-21

Oh no, it's back ... I was to hasty

RE: Is there any chance to get it working on XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1? - e6on - 2013-07-22

(2013-07-19, 12:38)e6on Wrote: I am trying to use this addon on Raspberry Pi with XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1. I installed it and when I run it I get login screen. I insert my Spotify credentials and press OK. Then it shows the busy icon fore while and then Raspberry Pi drops to command prompt (black screen with linux login). Is there any chance to get it working on XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1?

I installed Raspbmc on my Raspberry Pi and Spotimc is working.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mixel - 2013-07-22

WOuld it be possible to connect this addon to a XBMC webserver, where a voting server would run?
This way, we could use the spotify addon + voting webserver to let guests at a party influence the playlist.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - psykix - 2013-07-25

I have some questions about this plugin :-)

Is it possible to get the Popular Songs list?

First song always seems to play ok, but then next song just stops and starts - not sure why?

EDIT : Seems something more fundamental going wrong, I have attached log file..

Logfile

And finally, how do I get CDArt to show on the now playing screen? Or is that not possible?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Hetoft - 2013-07-29

Hi Mazkolain

I have the same problem that psykix describes - the first track plays just fine, and then the next after that starts and stops continiously, almost like its buffering constantly. Pretty major bug, unfortunately. Tried with fresh XBMC installs on two machines, same problem persists. I hope you can find a solution to this sometime.

Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-07-29

@Hetoft I have the same issue, not all the time, but last time i tried to figure out why i noticed that the "skips/buffer" thing only occurs when the visulizer is running when the track changes automaticly, if you skip ti the next manualy before it ends i don't seem to get the buffer thing. I want/and need the visulizer since i run xbmc on a plasma and don't want burn ins.

Edit: seems like the viz has nothing to do with it, just the automatic next track

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - psykix - 2013-08-01

I can confirm, it is only when it automatically goes onto the next track, if I select another track and start it just before the first one ends, then it plays just fine.

How odd!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - miniburk - 2013-08-01

From previous post
"I searched for an answer but couldn't find any in this thread.

Sometimes when I play music it works great, but like, every third or second track, an issue appear. It plays the music in three sec, then the sound disappear. It still count the seconds into the song but no sound. "

I tried to find the log file, hopefully it was the right one, http://speedy.sh/rhcVz/xbmc.log

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - McMuzz4 - 2013-08-03

Hi Guys,

Yes I noticed the problem with skipping tracks last week, it will start to pause/skip through the tracks from the second track onwards, even though the first plays fine.

Basically after a bit of fiddling around I narrowed the problem down to the artist slide show plugin. Artist slideshow released an update 1.5.4 around the 23/07/13 which has broken the Spotimc playback. Even if you don't happen to use the artist slideshow function/visual, the issue will still occur as a lot of the skins load the artist slideshow in the background during music playback regardless. I know that the skin Ace does, also Aeon MQ3/MQ4, and im sure there are more.

To work around this issue you have two options that I know of:
1) Disable the artist slideshow plugin. This means you no longer will see artist bio information details or image slideshows, so you will have to switch to a visualisation or something.
2) Switch to a skin that doesn't load up the artist slideshow plugin during music playback, such as the default confluence skin.

I don't really know how stuff goes around here, so hopefully the developers of either Spotimc or Artist Slideshow pick up on this or this info gets passed on to them.

I miss the artist slideshow and info :-( but hopefully it will be fixed soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - SKIBBE - 2013-08-03

@McMuzz4

I disabled the slide-show add-on, now it works perfectly.

i don't like static images but it will have to do for now. i will maybe activate the screensaver during music playback (ACE skin)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - pkscout - 2013-08-03

I'm the developer for Artist Slideshow, and someone else posted a link to this in the Artist Slideshow thread. I can't for the life of me think how Artist Slideshow would be compromising playback of any plugin, but I've seen stranger things. Wink

Could someone with the problem please post a debug log on the AS thread? I don't use Spotimc, so I probably won't remember to come back over here to check, but I'll try and see if I can figure out what's going on.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880