Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-11-03

(2013-10-21, 15:01)smallclone Wrote: This is a great addon. I use it loads - only thing is - I have an auto shutdown feature on my xbmc after 45 mins. And spotimc doesn't override it. So if I leave music playing, after 45 mins it cuts out. Obviously this doesn't happen with a movie for example.

Not a biggie but just thought I'd mention it.
Will check it out. Which XBMC distro are you using? (Openelec, Raspbmc, etc.)

(2013-10-25, 01:02)NewMedia Wrote: [...] the track keeps playing, the lyrics keep moving [...]
Please note that there are some known issues with lyrics addons. There's a fix on the way for the next release, but in the meantime you can check this temporary workaround:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/92#issuecomment-15029166

(2013-10-31, 23:29)sharktolo Wrote: hello,
I have a problem with the installation of script.audio_.spotimc-1.0-beta4 .zip
occurs each time the error message add-on have not the correct structure.
can someone please help me.
when I install the beta.3 it works
sorry my english is not very good
and am a beginner of XMBC
Double check if the downloaded zip file is corrupt. I set up this Wordpress installation to temporarily serve downloads (and it may end up corrupting the download of the file takes too much to serve, since github deprecated the project downloads feature long ago).

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - herrflick - 2013-11-05

Hi, Mazkolian. I am playing with the new Collections feature in both the desktop and web beta versions of Spotify. Will this feature be included in 1.0-final?
Thanks for this brilliant plugin!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - NewMedia - 2013-11-06

(2013-11-03, 12:53)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-10-25, 01:02)NewMedia Wrote: [...] the track keeps playing, the lyrics keep moving [...]
Please note that there are some known issues with lyrics addons. There's a fix on the way for the next release, but in the meantime you can check this temporary workaround:

I don't have any issues with the lyrics, they work fine, everything works fine, except for the audio when in fullscreen. It doesn't freeze, pause, stutter e.t.c.nothing like that. It plays the song as normal, it just goes silent after 7 - 10 sec. Everything else is fine, including when playing within the UI.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-11-10

Mazkolain, you might be interested to know that the recent control positioning changes in Gotham completely break the skinwork you did in this addon.

Should be easy enough to fix, but I'd just thought I give you a heads up.
See PR3451 for the changes and the fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-05, 20:18)herrflick Wrote: Hi, Mazkolian. I am playing with the new Collections feature in both the desktop and web beta versions of Spotify. Will this feature be included in 1.0-final?
Thanks for this brilliant plugin!
I've not checked the Collections feature yet. Don't know if it can be implemented solely with the api exposed by libspotify or it depends on some sort of suggestion engine (like echonest). I'll keep an eye on it, but won't be available on 1.0-final since I'm focused on bug fixing.

(2013-11-06, 17:37)NewMedia Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 12:53)mazkolain Wrote:

I don't have any issues with the lyrics, they work fine, everything works fine, except for the audio when in fullscreen. It doesn't freeze, pause, stutter e.t.c.nothing like that. It plays the song as normal, it just goes silent after 7 - 10 sec. Everything else is fine, including when playing within the UI.
Lyrics work, but on their attempt to fetch some information cause the track to get silenced (they open the raw audio stream in order to analyze data). You can prevent the lyrics addon from analyzing streams with the workaround noted on the previous link.

(2013-11-10, 15:28)Kib Wrote: Mazkolain, you might be interested to know that the recent control positioning changes in Gotham completely break the skinwork you did in this addon.

Should be easy enough to fix, but I'd just thought I give you a heads up.
See PR3451 for the changes and the fix.
Thanks for the heads up!

I've read over that PR and the improvements it included, but was unaware that it broke backwards compatibility a bit.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-11-10

(You can disregard the control positioning, it was an intermediate issue in a nightly and went away a few nightlies later)

In recent nightly builds all music playback from within spotimc is broken.
I restarted a few times to make sure - all other audio playback within XBMC seems unaffected - Spotimc is not working anymore.

This is a full debug log where I load up spotimc and play an audio track.
I've immediately stopped playback because of the noise this generates.

Some changes were recently made to the way curl is handled from with XBMC, it is possible that these interact with the local proxy you set up for spotify.

I verified that the nightly build on the end of the 5th of November was working correctly. The nightly built on the the end of the 8th of november was broken.
IIt has been broken since.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - herrflick - 2013-11-11

Thanks for the reply. Keep on the good work!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Kib - 2013-11-11

Added some more information on the broken audio playback with the latest nightlies in my post above. Managed to track the commit down to a three day period.
Hope it helps in finding the responsible change.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-11-11

(2013-11-10, 22:38)Kib Wrote: I verified that the nightly build on the end of the 5th of November was working correctly. The nightly built on the the end of the 8th of november was broken.
IIt has been broken since.
I tried with the Nov11 snapshot for Windows and everything seems fine, but will test tomorrow with Linux nighties and see what happens...

Thanks for all the investigation work!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Knight77 - 2013-11-16

My problem is that after exactly 5 seconds music goes mute, the time counter goes on but the song remains silent. If I change song it just does it again...
Any idea?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - pettergulbra - 2013-11-16

Same as Knight77.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Knight77 - 2013-11-18

No ideas anyone?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-16, 20:35)Knight77 Wrote: My problem is that after exactly 5 seconds music goes mute, the time counter goes on but the song remains silent. If I change song it just does it again...
Any idea?

Sorry for the late response... From the description seems related to some known issues with lyrics addons.

The next release will include a fix for this, but in the meantime you can check this link for a temporary workaround:

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - FreedoM-CGV - 2013-11-18

Also found out, if you use the lirics stream and turn it off, playback will still die after 5/10 seconds.

Settings Cache off resolves this issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Knight77 - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-18, 23:06)FreedoM-CGV Wrote: Also found out, if you use the lirics stream and turn it off, playback will still die after 5/10 seconds.

Settings Cache off resolves this issue.

Already tried, nothing changed :-(

(2013-11-18, 22:08)mazkolain Wrote:
(2013-11-16, 20:35)Knight77 Wrote: My problem is that after exactly 5 seconds music goes mute, the time counter goes on but the song remains silent. If I change song it just does it again...
Any idea?

Sorry for the late response... From the description seems related to some known issues with lyrics addons.

The next release will include a fix for this, but in the meantime you can check this link for a temporary workaround:

Sorry but where do I find " the lyrics script's settings page" ?