Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon (/showthread.php?tid=125147)

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - ksgent - 2014-01-14

Anyone else having issues with playback today. Track plays but there is no volume. This is not the case when using any other addon. Confused as it's always worked without fault. Any ideas then I would be very grateful.

Oh I am on Mac mini, xbmc 12.3.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - ksgent - 2014-01-15

Found that sound plays when audio settings are at 2.0 rather than 5.1.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - gerpara - 2014-01-24

Wow! This seems really amazing to me, cant wait to test it on my raspbian. I'll let you know about the outcome.

As I fell in love with python during the last couple of months at work, I'd love to contribute. Tell me if you're interested!

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - martinjh99 - 2014-01-27

Works fine on Raspian Frodo - Bit slow sometimes in reading playlists but that might be just down to the pi...

Looks good to me!Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - proudcroat - 2014-01-30

I tried to install on xbmc 13.0 alpha 10 but i cant install. It tell me dependencies not met? What i need to install first?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-24, 14:49)gerpara Wrote: Wow! This seems really amazing to me, cant wait to test it on my raspbian. I'll let you know about the outcome.

As I fell in love with python during the last couple of months at work, I'd love to contribute. Tell me if you're interested!
Please note that Raspberry Pi support is still experimental, and you may find extreme lagging sometimes.

Of course, there's lot of room for improvement, and help is very much appreciated. Just take a look at the issues section and pick one or suggest more improvements:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/milestones

Thanks for your support!

(2014-01-30, 13:56)proudcroat Wrote: I tried to install on xbmc 13.0 alpha 10 but i cant install. It tell me dependencies not met? What i need to install first?

Thanks
It's related to an outdated depency no longer valid on 13.0. This will be fixed by the new release I'm about to publish.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2014-01-31

Hi,

I'm happy to announce the next Spotimc release labelled as 1.0-beta5. You can download the installation package and check the changelog on the following link:
http://azkotoki.org/downloads/script-audio-spotimc-1-0-beta5/

This release introduces support for running Spotimc in the background: While playing music just press the back button on any topmost view (Playlist listing, New stuff, etc.) and you'll get to the XBMC home screen and playback will still continue. You can get back to the addong's GUI by simply running it again. It also addresses some playback issues and usability problems.

It has been a long time since beta4 mainly due to time constraints, but hopefully this will improve in the future. This will also be the last release of a long beta cycle, and expect 1.0-final to come out the following months. I'm also planning to set up nightly releases or some sort of snapshots.

And what comes next? As I always say there's lots of room for improvement, and these are my post 1.0-final goals:
  • Try to get rid of the skin patching mechanism, and find out another way of providing custom fonts whithout these quirks.
  • Make Spotimc less resource intensive, on an attempt to make it more usable on low power platforms (Raspberry Pi).
  • Implement playlist folders, which should also help improve playlist list loading times.
  • Localize the GUI.
  • Try to implement the radio feature.

Regards,

Re: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - User 157579 - 2014-02-01

Works great! Smile
Although I'm having problems with music that mutes after several seconds in "lyrics view".

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 11:49)mjorud Wrote: Works great! Smile
Although I'm having problems with music that mutes after several seconds in "lyrics view".

Oops, my bad. The lyrics script requires patching in order to not cause this issue, and the patch is already submitted and merged on the lyrics addon. Sadly the latest release on both Gotham and Frodo repos does not contain this patch.

In the meantime you can try with a workaround:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/92#issuecomment-15029166

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - Frank-NL - 2014-02-02

Thank you for the update!

If you start Spotimc using the Xperience1080 skin now it breaks the panels. Need to restart XBMC to fix that. It was working with beta4. I am launching it from the addons panel. Can I provide logs or anything? Or maybe you can try to replicate with this skin since it's hard to explain...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - AndyPanerai - 2014-02-02

Another great update !! Thanks. Good to hear you are thinking to implement the radio feature. I hope you are also thinking about some skinning options. Keep up the good work.

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - crypet - 2014-02-02

Hi,

Awesome addon and works great. Only thing i've noticed is that in the starred playlist, the latest added song is not showing. Otherwise it works with no issues.

Thanks and keep up the good work! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - thebearnecessit - 2014-02-02

(2014-01-31, 21:03)mazkolain Wrote: Hi,

I'm happy to announce the next Spotimc release labelled as 1.0-beta5. You can download the installation package and check the changelog on the following link:
http://azkotoki.org/downloads/script-audio-spotimc-1-0-beta5/

This release introduces support for running Spotimc in the background: While playing music just press the back button on any topmost view (Playlist listing, New stuff, etc.) and you'll get to the XBMC home screen and playback will still continue. You can get back to the addong's GUI by simply running it again. It also addresses some playback issues and usability problems.

It has been a long time since beta4 mainly due to time constraints, but hopefully this will improve in the future. This will also be the last release of a long beta cycle, and expect 1.0-final to come out the following months. I'm also planning to set up nightly releases or some sort of snapshots.

And what comes next? As I always say there's lots of room for improvement, and these are my post 1.0-final goals:
  • Try to get rid of the skin patching mechanism, and find out another way of providing custom fonts whithout these quirks.
  • Make Spotimc less resource intensive, on an attempt to make it more usable on low power platforms (Raspberry Pi).
  • Implement playlist folders, which should also help improve playlist list loading times.
  • Localize the GUI.
  • Try to implement the radio feature.

Regards,

music playing in the background is great. this was the reason i never got in the habit of using your addon.

was about to give it a try again when i realised my windows machine is in the cupboard and im using an android box in my living room now.

i noticed android compatibility is not on your "whats next" list. is it way off in the disant future?

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - mazkolain - 2014-02-03

(2014-02-02, 12:00)Frank-NL Wrote: Thank you for the update!

If you start Spotimc using the Xperience1080 skin now it breaks the panels. Need to restart XBMC to fix that. It was working with beta4. I am launching it from the addons panel. Can I provide logs or anything? Or maybe you can try to replicate with this skin since it's hard to explain...
I tried replicating this issue with Xperience1080 (plus too) but didn't notice anything strange. I configured Spotimc both on the music panel and on favourites, and it was able to launch/minimize/close fine under both Frodo and Gotham. I will need a log file or even a screenshot of how the panels look with that issue.

Thanks for reporting!

(2014-02-02, 13:22)AndyPanerai Wrote: I hope you are also thinking about some skinning options. Keep up the good work.
If you refer to an update of the UI design, sadly I don't have such goal on my immediate to-do list. Anyway, if some skilled designer can come up with some design suggestions, it will be very much appreciated!

(2014-02-02, 17:33)crypet Wrote: Hi,

Awesome addon and works great. Only thing i've noticed is that in the starred playlist, the latest added song is not showing. Otherwise it works with no issues.

Thanks and keep up the good work! Smile
It's a known issue, and playlist updates tend to fail sometimes. Hopefully the planned future revamp of the playlist code will fix this...

(2014-02-02, 18:05)thebearnecessit Wrote: music playing in the background is great. this was the reason i never got in the habit of using your addon.

was about to give it a try again when i realised my windows machine is in the cupboard and im using an android box in my living room now.

i noticed android compatibility is not on your "whats next" list. is it way off in the disant future?
I usually try running Spotimc on Android from time to time, and it's not stable enough yet. The last time I tested it the skin patching quirk was causing some issues, and the background running feature caused XBMC to crash.

Once I remove the skin patching quirk, Spotimc may at least get experimental Android support, but I fear that background running may require a bugfix on XBMC's side...

RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon - thebearnecessit - 2014-02-03

really appreciate your responce, i will keep an eye on the thread and ask again in a few months Big Grin