Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-27

Hi Folks!

Although it is not ready yet I'm excited to tell you that it looks like I finally was able to implement timeshifting. But before releasing this it needs some more testing and some cleanup...I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Cheers,

Joerg

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - sfuchs - 2012-10-27

Hey Joerg,

that are great news! Really looking forward for this last puzzle piece!

Go Go Go! :-)

Thank you for your really great work here!

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2012-10-28

Tried it a little and timeshift stops and goes back to channellist when start playing again.

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-28, 09:45)Leatherface Wrote: Tried it a little and timeshift stops and goes back to channellist when start playing again.

The timeshift branch on GitHub is most likely not working properly because I tried to merge all my other recent changes into it as well without really testing stuff afterwards. So I'm not surprised Smile

But anyways, since you gave it already a try: Did you set the fileshare path? Can you check the logs whether the share is accessible?

Can you try whether "semi-time shifting" works, i.e. starting a recording, wait 5 minutes and then begin watching the recording? With the old plugin version the playback will stop after these 5 minutes, with the new one playback should continue.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2012-10-28

Yes it's accessible and without filesharing path it's not possible to pause either.
And it did record on the box so that part is working.
But i didn't test 5 minutes just 1 minute or so but i'll try that.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-28, 10:28)Leatherface Wrote: Yes it's accessible and without filesharing path it's not possible to pause either.
And it did record on the box so that part is working.
But i didn't test 5 minutes just 1 minute or so but i'll try that.

You need to update your local branch again - there was something I overlooked when merging all my different branches together. As a result he took the length of the recording as the recording filename O_o Smile

Hmm problems with both playing recordings and same thing with timeshift.
I'll try to clone whole repo again and see if it makes any difference.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2012-10-28

Hmm, for me it is working now (I'm using the branch timeshift_openelec with an OpenELEC build). Now what I still need to implement:
- do not show timeshift timers in the timer list
- do not show timethift recordings in the recordings list
- remove timeshift timers and recordings from the box when the live-stream has been closed

Then there is also an issue that I don't know how to solve right now: I have selected to adapt the FPS and to pause the stream during the FPS switch - now everytime I start LiveTV in fullscreen it starts a timeshift recording Smile Not really nice :>

I tried again with a clean repo and still same thing.
I am using timeshift_update branch.
Timeshift part seems to work but fails when i start watching again and it's probably because recordings doesn't work.

can you post a debug log?

Hmm with Debug Log enbled XBMC crashes when loading PVR addon.
But nevermind i saw i forgot to clone to pvr-addons so i still have your old version so my fault Smile.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - skweezer - 2012-10-28

This seems quite amazing, but im holding out till its fully working and frodo is released. Ive got eden working how i want it, last thing i wana do now is mess it all up.
But really cant wait for this.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - sfuchs - 2012-10-28

Hi Joerg,

so you are not controlling the timeshift functions of the receiver but use own functions to realize timeshifting?

Unfortunately, there are no timeshift functions that are available through the web-api - so yes I need to do it with my own functions...

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - cmatte - 2012-10-28

Guys I'm a bit confused and I seem to need a little hint.
I wanted to install xbmc 12 in Windows (testing the 8 Smile ) and I downloaded the latest nightlies yesterday (dated 26) and today (28). So far so good it installs and has live tv / pvr as expected. Problem is there's not the addon's type 'pvr clients'. I could grab 0.2.8 from the first page's binaries but I know there's a newer one (at least 0.3.2 or 0.3.4) and would like to have the autoupdate feature that was there. Is there a way? Is it still maintained by the official team? Is there an updated version around compiled and working?

Thanks Smile