Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-08

No, the signal status hasn't been implemented yet.

I'm also not sure whether this really makes sense: as far as I can see it is only possible to get the signal status from the first tuner - so if someone is watching TV on the enigma2 box and you are watching a different channel with XBMC, then you won't get the signal information from the channel you are watching, but the channel that the other one is watching...

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - xayide - 2013-01-08

You could make it turn on if "single tuner" is selected in settings, that way it will work !

http://dreamboxip/web/signal

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - cable_guy - 2013-01-10

hi guys, I'm new to satellite but controlling a sat box from XBMC is a dream for me, this plugin looks to achieve my dream !

what is the cheapest box for me to buy to be compatible with this ? i.e. would the VU+ solo work OK?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - im85288 - 2013-01-10

Yes vu solo works, as does vu solo 2 and xtrend 9000..I have not tested any others but assume all enigma 2 boxes will work fine. The two main things that need improving are:

1. No timeshift
2. Slow channel change

From what I recall Jdembski says these cannot be fixed properly with the frodo version of xbmc, but hopes it will be possible in the next version of xbmc.

Personally, I am almost using this all the time for TV viewing, but do miss being able to pause and also I have yet to find a skin that gives me the ViX experience when browsing channels etc..but I'm sure as the pvr stuff is new in frodo all of this will improve in the next version of xbmc

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - devmc - 2013-01-11

I have achieved fast channel zapping with the screen resoution set to 1920x1080 @ 50 hz
it takes about 1.5 second to zap on hd and sd channels

Other problem i have is that since frodo the sd channels are buffering sound stutters and picture too

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - sion - 2013-01-12

Ok Hello Friends my first Post was wrong Sad found now the right Thread Smile

Ok now my Problem im use DM 800 SE HD and my HTPC with XBMC Frodo .... vu+ works fine and streamt nice from Dreambox ..
now the Problem is the Picons Sad he found she not and my XBMC Error log is full Sad
i have install Plugin DreamboxPlugin-2012-01-04.zip

Here is the Log ..sory for my english Sad i hope u help me many many thx

03:18:51 T:3612 ERROR: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Vu::StoreChannelData Could not open channeldata file for writing!
03:18:51 T:2876 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
03:18:52 T:1084 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
03:18:52 T:3372 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:1348 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:76 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:3116 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:1540 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:2692 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:3152 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:1836 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:3884 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:52 T:2132 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:53 T:76 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate: Update Library Service starting...
03:18:54 T:2892 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:54 T:2876 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:18:55 T:76 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate: update timers
03:18:55 T:1348 NOTICE: Settings changed: False
03:18:56 T:2268 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
03:18:56 T:3556 ERROR: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Vu::GetRecordings Error fetching lists for folder: '/hdd/movie/'
03:18:56 T:3556 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::GetRecordings - addon 'dm800se:192.168.0.16' returned an error: server error
03:18:56 T:3556 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetRecordings - cannot get recordings from client '1': server error
03:18:56 T:3556 NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
03:18:56 T:1844 NOTICE: Thread PVR GUI info updater start, auto delete: false
03:18:56 T:3584 NOTICE: Thread EPG updater start, auto delete: false
03:18:56 T:2588 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
03:18:56 T:3584 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::GetEPGForChannel - addon 'dm800se:192.168.0.16' returned an error: server error
03:18:56 T:3584 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'RTL2' from client '1': server error
03:18:56 T:3584 ERROR: EPG - EPG::CEpg::Update - failed to update table 'RTL2'
03:18:56 T:2956 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
03:18:56 T:3584 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::GetEPGForChannel - addon 'dm800se:192.168.0.16' returned an error: server error
03:18:56 T:3584 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'RTL Television' from client '1': server error
03:18:56 T:3584 ERROR: EPG - EPG::CEpg::Update - failed to update table 'RTL Television'
03:18:56 T:2244 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false

greetz

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-10, 20:06)im85288 Wrote: Yes vu solo works, as does vu solo 2 and xtrend 9000..I have not tested any others but assume all enigma 2 boxes will work fine. The two main things that need improving are:

1. No timeshift
2. Slow channel change

From what I recall Jdembski says these cannot be fixed properly with the frodo version of xbmc, but hopes it will be possible in the next version of xbmc.

Personally, I am almost using this all the time for TV viewing, but do miss being able to pause and also I have yet to find a skin that gives me the ViX experience when browsing channels etc..but I'm sure as the pvr stuff is new in frodo all of this will improve in the next version of xbmc
Main thing for me is working Teletext subtitles.
Zapping will never be as fast as on the real box because of sending commands to webinterface and then buffering but not a big deal it's fast enough.
Timeshift is nice ofcourse but a basic thing as working Teletext subtitles should have higher priority.
I really hope XBMC guys do something about this after Frodo or atleast some patch i can compile in myself.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - djrikstar - 2013-01-13

Im running 2.99.1 on my raspberry pi. I installed vuplus version 1.6.5 and had it running on live tv but there was no sound so added my mpg2 codes in etc. And when i turned back on live tv not working when i enable the vuplus plugin it says:

18:41:45 T:2885842016 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
18:41:45 T:2885842016 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
18:41:45 T:2885842016 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
18:41:45 T:2911274080 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
18:41:45 T:2902885472 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
18:41:45 T:2902885472 ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr, reason: /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
18:41:45 T:2902885472 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on VU+ / Enigma2 Client, status = 6
18:41:45 T:2902885472 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on VU+ / Enigma2 Client, disabling it
18:41:45 T:2953184352 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.vuplus start, auto delete: true
18:41:45 T:2936439904 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Window id does not exist

Is there anyway i can fix ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr, reason: /storage/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have tried changing permissions to 755 but still the same what is causing this? Many thanks

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - zoltan - 2013-01-16

Hi, I'm running openelec 2.99.1 on my new raspberry pi. I installed your PVR client from openlec, release 1.6.5
I'm having the following issues only trying to stream from my dm800se:

1) long time loading channels list and EPG at system start up;
2) load channels list and EPG each time I turn on my raspberry. Why reload at each system start up?
3) for some reason all the hd channels stream only for about three seconds. After it returns to channels list. Why? wifi problems? Wireless signal is good.
4) switching between channels groups/bouquets is not user friendly and it can be done only in one direction.
5) is it possible to import into live tv from decoder only certain groups of channels (i.e. cinema channels or sport channels)?
6) where do i find the log file?

Thanks

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-16

In general, for channel list and EPG loading times: Try to reduce the amount of channels that needs to be loaded. (see point 5. for further info)

1: I think this is something that will be optimized once Frodo is out.
2: Did you set a path to store the channel data? If so the channel data will be loaded from the HDD first, which should be faster. For EPG - again I think this will be something that will be optimized in the future.
3: No idea - did you try it with a ethernet cable?
4: AFAIK this is known and already on the agenda for the future
5: There are two possibilities with the VU+ addon:
Either disable any Channel / Bouquet-Updates in the addon settings and edit the channeldata.xml by hand to include only the channels you want, or create a bouquet with just the channels you want to have on your RPi and configure the addon to only grab this bouquet.
6: /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log - but you need to enable debug-output first, as this is usually disabled with openelec.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - zoltan - 2013-01-16

Thank you.
Can you explain me how to:
a) set a path to store channel data (ref. point 2);
b) configure the addon to only grab certain bouquet (ref. point 5).

As to point 3, this evening I'm going to try with an ethernet cable and I'll let you know.

P.S.
I'm new for xbmc also. Can I try to stream hd channels in another way to check if the problem is the addon? I heard about "tuxbox client", but I don't know how to find or manage it...
Thanks again.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-16

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/VUPlus:

2.2 Channels
Within this tab options that refer to channel data can be set.

Folder for channeldata:
Retrieving the channel data from the backend can take quite long. To avoid that the user has to wait a long time before the addon starts it stores the information about the available channels in a separate XML file. Instead of quering the backend the addon then tries to load the channels from this XML file during addon startup. This property defines into which directory this XML file will be put. The filename is "channeldata.xml". Also, the last played position of the recordings will be saved into this directory, so that the user can resume the playback of a previously stopped recording. The recording data is stored into the file "recordings.xml".

Fetch only one TV bouquet:
If this option is set then only the channels that are in one specified TV bouquet will be loaded, instead of fetching all available channels in all available bouquetse

TV-Bouquet:
If the previous option has been enabled you need to specify the TV bouquet to be fetched from the settop box. Please not that this is the bouquet-name as shown on the settop box (i.e. "Favourites (TV)"). This setting is case-sensitive.

Check for bouquet updates:
If this option is set the addon will check for bouquet updates after the initial addon startup. If this option is disabled it will only use the bouquets stored in the channeldata.xml file.

Check for channel updates:
If this option is set the addon will check for channel updates after the initial addon startup. If this option is disabled it will only use the channels stored in the channeldata.xml file.

Ok, I did some tests.
I set the folder for channeldata after creating it trough ssh connection (tab "new folder" of the addon is always gray) and selected "fetch only one tv bouquet option". Doing that, the addon picked only channels from that bouquet but with wrong channel names (names are from the first bouquet of the dreambox, although it wasn't selected). I don't know why...

Regarding to hd channels, I tried ethernet connection without success. I tried also exiting from live tv and creating a new tuxbox video source, but hd channels stream still crashes after 3-5 seconds. I don't know how to do. Maybe it's openlec or xbmc beta issue? Or dm800se is not at all compatible with xbmc?

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-16

(2013-01-16, 22:53)zoltan Wrote: Ok, I did some tests.
I set the folder for channeldata after creating it trough ssh connection (tab "new folder" of the addon is always gray) and selected "fetch only one tv bouquet option". Doing that, the addon picked only channels from that bouquet but with wrong channel names (names are from the first bouquet of the dreambox, although it wasn't selected). I don't know why...

Regarding to hd channels, I tried ethernet connection without success. I tried also exiting from live tv and creating a new tuxbox video source, but hd channels stream still crashes after 3-5 seconds. I don't know how to do. Maybe it's openlec or xbmc beta issue? Or dm800se is not at all compatible with xbmc?

Please reset your PVR database, then the channel names should be ok.

Regarding the other stuff: maybe wait for a next openelec build or try one of the development builds.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Maniac - 2013-01-17

Hi jdembski,
Did you get any time to look at the posibility of supporting sream-services in the addon?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142436&pid=1263878#pid1263878

Thanks