Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-17

No, I'm waiting for the Frodo release before making any changes. Also I'm having trouble with building XBMC on my MacBook, which I want to sort out first. Sad

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - zoltan - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-16, 22:58)jdembski Wrote: Regarding the other stuff: maybe wait for a next openelec build or try one of the development builds.

Why do you think that it's openelec related issue and not xbmc related issue?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-17

With newer OpenELEC builds you usually also get a newer XBMC - thus my suggestion to try a fresh(er) build...

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - zoltan - 2013-01-17

But the build I'm using is 2.99.1 from 4th of january 2013. Do you think that it's old?
Also, after installed openelec, xbmc upgraded automatically to 3.0 RC3...

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - WoodenTiger - 2013-01-17

(2012-11-29, 11:42)belese Wrote: Hi,

I have modif the vudata plugin for enigma1.

This is not clean, but it work.
For the moment, only, watching and EPG work, no recording.
Here's the file to change in plugin src.x
The new source don't work for E2, it will work only for E1.

i don't use the xml from E1, there are mal formatted with bad xml characters inside, and i can't parse it,
so i use the standard E1 webif.

here's the file to change in :
VuData.cpp

Belese

ps :
In plugin setting, change Streaming port to 31339 or port you used for streaming from Dreambox.
and check Zap before channel switch

Has anybody compiled this for Windows or ATV2,and could you spare a copy of the binaries? I'd love to give it a go, but I have no idea of where to start to compile this one.

Much appreciated. Big Grin

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - zoltan - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 13:22)zoltan Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 22:58)jdembski Wrote: Regarding the other stuff: maybe wait for a next openelec build or try one of the development builds.

Why do you think that it's openelec related issue and not xbmc related issue?

Yesterday I tried xbian: the behaviour is the same, maybe xbian is a little faster, cause of default arm frequency that is 840 while openelec is 687.
Anyway, hd channels stream crashes because of slow/insufficient buffer. How can I improve the buffer speed?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-18

Are you using wireless or a wired connection? Nevertheless, I think you should describe your questions in the RaspberryPi-Support section of this forum, as this is not directly related to the PVR addon.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - zoltan - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-18, 10:41)jdembski Wrote: Are you using wireless or a wired connection? Nevertheless, I think you should describe your questions in the RaspberryPi-Support section of this forum, as this is not directly related to the PVR addon.

I tried both of them.
Ok I will report this issue in the forum section you told me.
Thanks

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Maniac - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-17, 09:39)jdembski Wrote: No, I'm waiting for the Frodo release before making any changes. Also I'm having trouble with building XBMC on my MacBook, which I want to sort out first. Sad

Ok, just to let you know. I tested now with the latest version on frodo 3, and it works, without any cahanges Smile Weird, but I am happy.

But if you still need something to do Smile a nice feature would be: EPG from an external xml file Smile

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Jaco2k - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-05, 19:26)devmc Wrote: frodo rc3 keeps buffering on dutch sd channels what happend here ?

iam using intel 64 build from openelec latest rc1 release from 3 january on a asrock h-77itx mobo
output audio thru spdiff and i have a dedicated vuduo for streaming purpose only.

this buffering problem happens only on sd channels with mp2-stereo codec used.
Since frodo i have these problems with this addon.

really a bummer dont know where the problem is .

A slight bump cause I have exactly the same problem here... On Ubuntu 12.04 and compiling from nightlies so... very much up to date.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - spannerz - 2013-01-24

Guys

I have the following setup... VuPlus Solo2 with a number of Raspberry Pi's (openelc) around the house streaming from this box.

This work great (with a few minor niggles) - however there is one issue which is causing me problems (i.e. irritating the wife).

If we are watching a stream (either liveTV or a recording) on XBMC and the VuPlus box starts another recording, the stream we are watching stops. This generally results in a static frame and no sound (sometimes a loop of sound occurs)... if I "stop" and then "play" on XBMC, the stream works (and doesn't impact the recording), so it isn't a limitation of the box or dish (I have two tuners)

I am not sure if this issue is at the XBMC/RPi side or the VuPlus - you would have thought that starting the recording wouldn't impact in any way a pre-existing stream, so it would appear the VuPlus box is doing "something" to trigger this failure (i.e. starting a recording should be transparent to streaming clients) - but equally, XBMC/PVR client shouldn't stop the stream (it has been known to require a full power cycle)

Any ideas - anyone using the above setup?

For clarity, I am using two fairly recent (but different) nightly builds of OpenElec, both have the same symptoms. On the Solo2 I have the latest BH image.

Thanks

Sz

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-24, 15:02)spannerz Wrote: Guys

I have the following setup... VuPlus Solo2 with a number of Raspberry Pi's (openelc) around the house streaming from this box.

This work great (with a few minor niggles) - however there is one issue which is causing me problems (i.e. irritating the wife).

If we are watching a stream (either liveTV or a recording) on XBMC and the VuPlus box starts another recording, the stream we are watching stops. This generally results in a static frame and no sound (sometimes a loop of sound occurs)... if I "stop" and then "play" on XBMC, the stream works (and doesn't impact the recording), so it isn't a limitation of the box or dish (I have two tuners)

I am not sure if this issue is at the XBMC/RPi side or the VuPlus - you would have thought that starting the recording wouldn't impact in any way a pre-existing stream, so it would appear the VuPlus box is doing "something" to trigger this failure (i.e. starting a recording should be transparent to streaming clients) - but equally, XBMC/PVR client shouldn't stop the stream (it has been known to require a full power cycle)

Any ideas - anyone using the above setup?

For clarity, I am using two fairly recent (but different) nightly builds of OpenElec, both have the same symptoms. On the Solo2 I have the latest BH image.

Thanks

Sz

Hi!

I think I recently had the same problem (with a VU+ Duo). It looks like the stream is being interrupted when the VU+ starts another recordings (or ends it). A workaround for this is to start a recording of the current channel, then the stream will not be interrupted.

I think that this may be something that happened after I moved to VTI 5. I don't remeber having this kind of problems with VTI 4. Right now I'm not sure how to fix this, though... :/

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - ibramadhan - 2013-01-25

Hey jdembski,
Hope all is well, just a quick question is there any way i can import on 3 bouquets?

Thanks

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - spannerz - 2013-01-26

Quote:Hi!

I think I recently had the same problem (with a VU+ Duo). It looks like the stream is being interrupted when the VU+ starts another recordings (or ends it). A workaround for this is to start a recording of the current channel, then the stream will not be interrupted.

I think that this may be something that happened after I moved to VTI 5. I don't remeber having this kind of problems with VTI 4. Right now I'm not sure how to fix this, though... :/

Thanks for the quick reply.... I'm not sure I follow your workaround though or more to the point, I don't know how practical it would be. I set all my recordings via timers so I wouldn't know what I would be watching when the recording started (or have I missed your point entirely)

We have just had a complete crash of the rpi tonight - watching a recording (streamed) when another recording stopped and everything froze... much to the other half's frustration Confused

Good that you are aware of it though - it is the only blemish on a fantastic addon

Perhaps the "fix" is to try to get VuPlus to not interrupt the stream.

Sz

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-01-27

I know that this is not really practical - but if you have a show that is really important to you (i.e. if your team is playing soccer :>) then at least you don't have to worry about it.

I had a look at the network stream with wireshark - after starting a recording the stream simply stops, and it looks like XBMC needs to start the stream again and cannot resume it. I'm still not sure what to do Sad

Are you using VTI, too?

What about the others with other images / satellite boxes: Do you have the same problem? Maybe this problem is specific to a certain image version / image / satellite box.