Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - mbc0 - 2013-06-03

I too would like this please! :-)

(2013-06-02, 23:22)natenjo Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 13:08)jdembski Wrote: Folks, manül implemented timeshift support for the DVBViewer addon. As the DVB Viewer addon was initially based on the VU+ addon it was quite easy to add his changes to the VU+ add-on:

https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc-pvr-addons/tree/timeshift

Downside of this is that the channel switching time is very slow with it - so you have to decide whether you want to enable it or not (in the addon settings).

I won't open a PR to lars to inlcude these changes until I tested it a littlebit further and there are some changes made within XBMC to speed up the channel change again, so if you want to try it then you will need to compile it yourselves.

Any credits for this timeshift support has to go to manül - this already works much better then the shot I had at it a couple of month ago Smile Thanks!

Hello,

that looks very intresting. I tried to compile it but I didn't manage :-( ...
Yould someone Provide me with a zip file?

Thanks a lot Smile

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-06-04

{I am having a issue with my VU+ Duo decoder which I alway use as a back end (no TV attached to VU)

When a schedule recording is on, I'm only able to watch Live TV if the that channels is on the same range as the one that is recording!

Yesterday evening I was watching Live TV (lets call it Channel 1), and doing a recording at the same time (channel 2 , on same satellite as channel 1)
After a while I wanted to watch other channel but that one did not work (channel was on other satellite)

Because I wanted to see what the problem was, I entered my receiver using the web interface, and then I saw that on other channels was on (channel 3)
That is why I could not watch a different channel from different satellite.

I was probably using the same tuner to watch Live TV AND recording.

I wonder why my receiver is staying on channel 3 when I am not watching that channel.
Tuner A should be for XBMC, and tuner B for recording.

That way I could keep use tuner A to watch all other channels.

What I want is that XBMC gives the VU a sign to change channel and then stream same channel to XBMC . That way the other Tuner is free for recording.
can this be done?}

UPDATE: Problem solved.

On the Enigma Add on you can control if receiver must change Chanel before start streaming to XBMC.
I did not use this feature because it says that it can be used for single tuner receivers, and having a Dual tuner i though it was not necessary.
Glad to see that this feature is already implemented

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Darraghg - 2013-06-12

is it possible to stream from xbmc to dreambox ie films, music, pictures?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - rivo - 2013-06-12

Hi.

A few days ago I bought a Golden Media Triplex for use with XBMC Vu + / enigma2 addon.
I installed Enigma2 (Open Pli based) image (PKT Hyperion Enigma2)

The problem is that streaming doesn´t works fine with my encrypted channels. No problem with FTA channels (sat or dtt)

I tried with XBMC running on Windows, ATV2 and IOS (Iphone and Ipad) and the result is always the same. When switching to an encrypted channel, XBMC shows "buffering" in the upper right corner and the channel does not play.
The strange thing is that streaming to VLC via OpenWebif on PC works, including encripted channel.

Here is my IOS log: IOS xbmc log

Could anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Dam0 - 2013-06-21

@rivo,

I did some research on that the triplex and it seems that the mgcamd cam module will not work reliably, although I am unable to confirm myself.

there was a workaround using the included "oscam" cam module.

I hope this helps, pls let me know either way.

regards,
Dam0

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - rivo - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-21, 08:15)Dam0 Wrote: @rivo,

I did some research on that the triplex and it seems that the mgcamd cam module will not work reliably, although I am unable to confirm myself.

there was a workaround using the included "oscam" cam module.

I hope this helps, pls let me know either way.

regards,
Dam0

Thanks for your answer Dam0.

I always use Oscam Wink. I don't think it's a smardcard reader soft problem, because the channel change works perfectly in the Triplex and streaming to VLC via webinterface too. It only happens in XBMC + encrypted channel (though rarely does work).

Greetings.
Rivo.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2013-06-22

(2013-06-04, 16:54)seninha Wrote: UPDATE: Problem solved.

On the Enigma Add on you can control if receiver must change Chanel before start streaming to XBMC.
I did not use this feature because it says that it can be used for single tuner receivers, and having a Dual tuner i though it was not necessary.
Should not be needed because if you have more than 1 tuner it will use the first free tuner which will be tuner B if tuner A is used.
Sounds like something is wrong on your box and not this addon.
I don't need to switch channel before zapping and i can stream different channels to 2 machines without problem.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Dam0 - 2013-06-28

@rivo,

i also just found that in webif under dvbavi, change duckbox to dreambox, and now sat tuner b should function .

hope this helps,
Dam0

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-07-05

(2013-06-22, 17:39)Leatherface Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 16:54)seninha Wrote: UPDATE: Problem solved.

Should not be needed because if you have more than 1 tuner it will use the first free tuner which will be tuner B if tuner A is used.
Sounds like something is wrong on your box and not this addon.
I don't need to switch channel before zapping and i can stream different channels to 2 machines without problem.

No idea what could be wrong with my box, but I know for sure that without using that feature I am not able to record directly form the box and stream to XBMC at the same time.
Somehow the box stays, with one tuner, on last watched channel.

Now I can record , and watch a different channel without any problem.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2013-07-14

Have you tried have your box in standby?
If you have 1 channel tuned on the box and record another channel on the box then that would explain why it use 2 tuners and needs a 3rd tuner for the stream.
If you have your box in standby and record a channel or record same channel that you watch it should not be a problem to stream because in that case you only use 1 tuner and 2nd for the stream.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - dr88dr88 - 2013-08-03

I have installed a new channel list in Vu+ but somehow still the old channel list are imported to XBMC. I have reset the PVR data base but this is not solving the issue.

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-08-03

(2013-08-03, 11:29)dr88dr88 Wrote: I have installed a new channel list in Vu+ but somehow still the old channel list are imported to XBMC. I have reset the PVR data base but this is not solving the issue.

Remove the channels.xml file, then the addon will reload everyting.

I will also remove support for it in the addon. It was there to speed up initial PVR startup time, which already improved over the last couple of XBMC releases.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - dr88dr88 - 2013-08-05

Hi Jdembski,

Thanks this solved my issue.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - mattoxp - 2013-08-06

hi all, i'm new in this forum. I have read this discussion and I have a issue.

I have a Dreambox clone ( sunraysr4) with an nemesis image.
I have installed XBMC ( Frodo ) and Vu+/enigma2 addons on my windows pc and on my iphone.

The live tv of XBMC download the channel list of every boquet but when i click on a channel i see the stream for only 2 second.

there is someone that knows how to help me?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-08-11

I have no idea if next is a PVR add on or XBMC problem, that' s why I start here Big Grin
Yesterday I was watching TV and because I was not able to see the end of the show I recorded the rest.
Today I wanted to watch the rest and then I saw that the recording was 2 hours long, while the show only run for 25 minutes.

Is there a way that XBMC uses EPG to know when a show is ending to adjust the amount of recording time?
Same way my Humax decoder does.

When I plan a recording on XBMC using EPG recording always stops at the end of the show as it should.