Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-08-11

(2013-08-11, 11:46)seninha Wrote: I have no idea if next is a PVR add on or XBMC problem, that' s why I start here Big Grin
Yesterday I was watching TV and because I was not able to see the end of the show I recorded the rest.
Today I wanted to watch the rest and then I saw that the recording was 2 hours long, while the show only run for 25 minutes.

Is there a way that XBMC uses EPG to know when a show is ending to adjust the amount of recording time?
Same way my Humax decoder does.

When I plan a recording on XBMC using EPG recording always stops at the end of the show as it should.

If you had created a timer via the epg view, then the recording would have stopped on time. If you press the recording key, then XBMC will start a instant recording, which is always 2 or 3 hours long (I think the exact value can be configured in the XBMC live TV settings)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-08-12

I know that when I do a instant recording XBMC uses a default time. I wonder if this could be changed.
What I would like is that XBMC looks at the ending time given by EPG. That way you never record more then needed.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-08-21

A new and quick question:
Does radio work?

I placed a new Bouqet in my VU but when I go into XBMC and hit radio channels are not showed.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - null_ - 2013-08-22

This plugin looks awesome, but does appear a little unstable. Also, despite filtering down the bouquets, its still very slow to import the EPG. My setup is openelec 3.1.5 + enigma2 + vix image. Unless I'm missing some tweaks of course.

In the meantime I've had to revert back to the DreamboxPlugin-2012-01-04.zip addon for stability - but love where this addon is going Smile

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-08-23

I have 198 channels on 6 different bouquets and it takes about 1 minute to import EPG on my Asrock ION machine.
On my other HTPC (Foxcomm E-3500) it takes a little longer but still acceptable.

Setup is:
Openelec 3.1.6
VU+ Duo
Enigma2
Openpli image

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - null_ - 2013-08-23

I thought I'd reduce the EPG time by reducing the number of channels by customising my channel groupings, but found I couldn't get rid of the "All TV Channels" category - which means that I'll always have around 1,000 channels to process before it even looks at my bouquets. I went to then start afresh by forcing to reload bouquets from source and wiping the EPG cache and PVR database; but this didnt seem to do anything, it didnt even refresh my bouquets...?

Also, I managed to crash it a couple of times by loading it, watching a channel (EPG is still loading in), stopping it, going to a movie, stopping movie and back to live TV - the xbmc just locked up

Like I say, it looks awesome - just not sure its "wife-proof" yet Big Grin

--EDIT--
Just noticed the bit about removing the channels.xml for a full bouquet refresh - which is fine, just a shame it can't do this for you

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2013-08-23

You better make sure that your receiver only has the channels that you use in your bouquets.Remove all channels you don't use.
That way you will only see your bouquets channels on the All TV channels category.

Use DreamboxEdit to make your own bouquets and remove not used channels.

PS: Somebody knows how to delete the All TV channels category? I only want to see my Bouquets

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - mbc0 - 2013-08-30

Hi,

Is it possible to use this addon with 2 Dreamboxes? obviously they have different IP Addresses so am I stuffed?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - moneymaker - 2013-09-02

(2013-08-30, 04:29)mbc0 Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to use this addon with 2 Dreamboxes? obviously they have different IP Addresses so am I stuffed?
That's what I like to know, too. It was suggested to me I should rename and compile the addon.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - mbc0 - 2013-09-06

(2013-08-30, 04:29)mbc0 Wrote: Hi,

Anyone?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - dr88dr88 - 2013-09-07

In version 0.2.1 of OpenWebif support for bouqueteditior plugin api has been added. So I hoop this enables the possibilities to edited the channel lists directly from XBMC in the future Blush

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2013-09-09

I have had bouqeteditor in webif for a few years now.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - m404 - 2013-09-11

(2013-08-23, 08:33)seninha Wrote: You better make sure that your receiver only has the channels that you use in your bouquets.Remove all channels you don't use.

no offense, but bouquets exist so you _don't_ delete all the channels that you "don't use" ...
the whole point of bouquets is to make it so it ignores "the rest" ... why the VUplus plugin parses all the other channels is baffling me and honestly i can't think of any argument that validates this behaviour ...

i have a t90 with 11 LNBs ... i have a little over 9000 channels and i have accurate EPG data for over 2000 of those ...

i have reduced my plugin to one sole bouquet (named XBMC, made specifically for xbmc ofc), and put only my favourites in there ...

last issue remaining is the painfully slow zapping time (and i use a variety of different tools that stream from my box, be it BlackBox for iOS, or VLC on my mac, via the iDreamX interface) ... none of those tools takes even remotely as long to zap as XBMC with the plugin does, and i have tried that witha variety of xbmc flavours on different machines ... it definitely is because of the plugin ...

sadly, i'm not even sure any further development is being done?
feels like only compatibility is being kept alive, period?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2013-09-11

Right now the add-on is programmed so that it simply passes the URL to XBMC, which then opens the URL and detects the format via FFMPEG, then starts buffering and playing the channel.

Other add-ons use their own de-multiplexer and feed XBMC the data directly, thus are not relying on the FFMPEG's format detection. Of course this could be changed, but unfortunately I'm simply not experienced enough to do this. If someone else may be willing to add this, then this would be really appreciated. I'm using XBMC PVR in my home cinema, mostly for watching soccer games - so I really don't zap around but stick to a channel when watching TV, but I can understand that everyone would like to see improved zapping times.

Regarding channel-data, bouquets and general startup times:

I'm currently testing a version of the add-on in which I removed the channeldata.xml, as I think this confused most of the people and doesn't give the speed up in loading time as it used to when PVR was still under heavy development - since then I think the startup times already improved a lot.

In general:
I have my favorite channels in a bouquet "Favorites (TV)" and configured the add-on to only fetch this bouquet. I don't really see how it is possible to decrease the EPG loading time, as the add-on needs to call the web-interface for each channel separately. But I also don't think that this is a big issue, as you should be able to watch TV while it is updating the EPG.

During the startup of the PVR manager this happens:
1. The add-on fetches a list of all available bouquets
2. The add-on iterates over the list of all available bouquets and fetches the channel list for each bouquet
3. The add-on fetches the list of recordings

At this point it should be possible to start watching TV. If this sequence takes very long, then I think you have a lot of different bouquets - not sure how this could be speeded up, too.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - hfmls - 2013-09-12

hi guys, i am using XBMC in android and ubuntu and i like this plugin but every mpeg2 channel won't stream, only mpeg4 streams ok. otherwise i get no image.

also, windows has this problem too.
i use openpli image, tested with dm500hd and xtreme 4000.
thank you.

i am using hispasat 30w.