Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 (/showthread.php?tid=125232)

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - karl_everest - 2014-02-19

It worked!!! Yes I have live TV! Amazing. Thankyou
Oh by the way when using file manager, i discovered 2 channeldata.xml and recordings.xml files in 2 different locations i think one was in downloads and one in the root, i deleted both channeldata files, is there supposed to be 2?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - puppinoo2 - 2014-03-01

Hi,
I've been using successfully the vuplus addon with a Sunray sr4 Enigma2 box. Now I replaced it with a Vu+ Solo 2 and it has a few problems with HD channel (mostly with Italian Rai HD). After a while the screen starts with artifacts and audio / video stutters. If I stop and replay it works fine for a while then still artifacts and stuttering. I created a Debug Log hoping it can describe the problem.
http://pastebin.com/a1encad4

regards.
Pino.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Ico747 - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-01, 17:29)puppinoo2 Wrote: Hi,
I've been using successfully the vuplus addon with a Sunray sr4 Enigma2 box. Now I replaced it with a Vu+ Solo 2 and it has a few problems with HD channel (mostly with Italian Rai HD). After a while the screen starts with artifacts and audio / video stutters. If I stop and replay it works fine for a while then still artifacts and stuttering. I created a Debug Log hoping it can describe the problem.
I have the same problem mostly with Swiss HD channels. I have Gigablue Quard openATV. I checked with XBMC 12.3 "Frodo" and XBMC 13.0 "Gotham"- Beta1
In addition the Cyrillic channel names are not readable. EPG in Cyrillic are OK.

P.S. Setting XBMC video cache to 15MB solve the problem with Swiss HD chanels.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - bagin - 2014-03-08

(2014-01-02, 15:18)rivo Wrote: Hello, happy new year to everybody .

I write this message to jdembski or anyone else that can help me .
I'm trying for several months to find a solution to a problem with my stb and XBMC + Enigma2 addon .
I´ll try to give as much information as possible.

As backend I use a Golden Media Triplex ( sh4 processor ) with an Enigma2 Pkteam Hyperion v.3, OpenPLi based image ( but I've tested many others before with the same result). In this STB I've inserted my smartcard and I use Oscam v.8988 perfectly configured .
I use XBMC on different platforms : Windows 7, ATV2 , Ipad and Iphone. The problem happens in all platforms .

When I try to watch one of my suscribed sat channels via Enigma2 addon, XBMC displays the message " buffering" and the channel is never seen on screen
The connection between XBMC and the backend is good, download the channel list and epg .
I'd like to highlight something

- I think it's not a Oscam problem because the log is correct. Also streaming via stb web interface to PC + VLC is perfect in all channels. I've tried other XBMC pvr addons like DVBViewer and works with the same Oscam.

- Only happens with my encrypted satellite channels. Fta satellite, fta DTT and DTT encrypted channels works fine.

- There is one sat encrypted channel that always works. The rest did not.

Here is a link to my xbmc.log. In this case use the latest Margro's build (12/26/2013) for Windows: xbmc.log
In this log first I selected the single encrypted satellite channel that always works (canal+ 1). After I switched to another any that do not work.

I would appreciate some help because I do not know what else I can do Sad

Thank you very much.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem but only with one encrypted channel across the whole list - TVP2 HD. When I want to play it buffering... 0% with a time -2 houres appears and stays like that. I can't also play it when prerecorded. Can't understand why there is only one channel. I have tried changing Channel List on my STB and no difference. It works perfect on the STB. Have you got any suggestions what could be wrong or what could I check? I'm on 12.3 version running on win7. I have a log but i didn't know how to attach it to the post?
Thanks

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - rivo - 2014-03-11

(2014-03-08, 21:05)bagin Wrote: Hi,

I have exactly the same problem but only with one encrypted channel across the whole list - TVP2 HD. When I want to play it buffering... 0% with a time -2 houres appears and stays like that. I can't also play it when prerecorded. Can't understand why there is only one channel. I have tried changing Channel List on my STB and no difference. It works perfect on the STB. Have you got any suggestions what could be wrong or what could I check? I'm on 12.3 version running on win7. I have a log but i didn't know how to attach it to the post?
Thanks

There isn't a solution for this problem.
At the end of this thread other user explain the problem cause.
We have to wait for a solution.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - puppinoo2 - 2014-03-11

(2014-03-05, 15:10)Ico747 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 17:29)puppinoo2 Wrote: Hi,
I have the same problem mostly with Swiss HD channels. I have Gigablue Quard openATV. I checked with XBMC 12.3 "Frodo" and XBMC 13.0 "Gotham"- Beta1
In addition the Cyrillic channel names are not readable. EPG in Cyrillic are OK.

P.S. Setting XBMC video cache to 15MB solve the problem with Swiss HD chanels.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. Iì'll try asap. Much appreciated.

Regards.
Pinio.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2014-03-12

(2014-02-19, 14:35)karl_everest Wrote: It worked!!! Yes I have live TV! Amazing. Thankyou
Oh by the way when using file manager, i discovered 2 channeldata.xml and recordings.xml files in 2 different locations i think one was in downloads and one in the root, i deleted both channeldata files, is there supposed to be 2?

I just opened a pull request which will remove the channeldata.xml completely. Also this PR includes the change in the EPG stuff...no timeshift though...

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - puppinoo2 - 2014-03-12

Hi again,
Unfortunately the cache trick didnt help Sky Italy Rai 1/2/3 HD still stutter. They are really the only HD channels that seem to give problem probably due to very high bitrate?
Any advice? (I added a debug log in my previuos post)

Thanks.
Pino.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2014-03-12

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection?

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - puppinoo2 - 2014-03-13

it's wired. on a 1 gigabit network. I can't confirm cause Rai HD has been added recently to my list but I could say they worked fine with my older decoder (Sunray SR4). But I really can't confirm cause I used them for too short and now I sold it to replace with my Solo 2 (original, no clone). I could try to change the streaming port to 8002 to get transcoded stream but I like the hi quality channel.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2014-03-13

I don't like the remove of channeldata.xml it should be improved instead so you can have own channellists etc.
For example i have older hardware i want SD channels but i get HD channels because i have them in the box.
I don't want to have duplicated channels in my box either so i can choose SD channels..
Others maybe want it in children rooms or something like that and not want them to see all channels.
I know you can choose 1 bouquet but that's not enough you maybe want most channels except some XXX channels for example.
And support for multiple boxes would be nice if you for example have 1 box for satellite and another one for cable/terrestrial you could merge them like you can on the box.
With channeldata.xml it's possible with manually editing the file atleast but with the remove that's not possible either.
But except for that nice work.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - jdembski - 2014-03-14

I think you should still be able to organize your channels via the internal XBMC routines.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - Leatherface - 2014-03-15

No it's not possible because it's not supported by the backend.
And i guess Vu+ addon will overwrite it everytime it starts anyway because it reads the channeldata from the box.
EDIT: Ok seems i can add/remove channels and like that but i can't edit channels.
And you need some routine to import lamedb file so it's possible to add/remove channels not in the bouquet.
I have a temporary solution for that i will try tmoorrow. Adding SD channels temporary on the box but that's not easy way to organise if you have many channels.
Another nice improvement would be external EPG source
Then i really hope some XBMC developer looks on Teletext support in DVDPlayer.
I don't understand why developing PVR support in XBMC and not care about a basic thing like Teletext.
And many people have .ts recordings they want to play with Teletext.
But i found a little workaround for that with telxcc that works on recordings atleast.
But if you record things as much as me it's a lot of work to convert subtitles without making some script for that.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - seninha - 2014-03-15

Can someone check if resuming of a recorded Live TV program is working on your system using Gotham beta?

Mine stopped after I updated.
I have a channel and recording.xml but when I start a recording I do get the question if I want to continue where I left but It always start at the beginning.

RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - mbc0 - 2014-03-17

Hi, does this/will this support timeshift in Gotham?

Thanks