Kodi Community Forum
New forum - Pros and Cons - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New forum - Pros and Cons (/showthread.php?tid=125303)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

New forum - Pros and Cons - Hitcher - 2012-03-12

Pretty much all of it is better especially the tabbed browsing and fixed bar at the top with easy access to the Blog, Downloads, Wiki, etc.

The only downer, for me at least, is the Skin Help and Support section which doesn't display all the skin sub menus and means more clicks than before.

EDIT: Perhaps if FanArt, Background Backdrops, Posters, Banners, and other media artwork, was simply renamed Artwork it would free up some valuable space?

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - jmarshall - 2012-03-12

I'm guessing you don't mean this link: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

but rather the abbreviated list (plus 10 more) in the main index? Will rename that one and see what happens...

Try that Wink

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - Hitcher - 2012-03-12

EDIT: Thanks Jonathan.

EDIT2: Any reason Night and Aeon aren't listed alphabetically?

Yes that's the one.

I'm guessing there's a limit to the actual number of items because Addons take up more room but contain less items.

Probably no reason for the ordering (IIRC there was some manual stuff done after the import as the correct order wasn't maintained - probably just missed this one).

Will quickly reorder now.

I'm such a PITA. Wink

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - Mudislander - 2012-03-12

Like the new forum, but does seem to be running slower than before for me. (This post has taken two attempts, last one stuck on loading..)

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - PatrickBateman - 2012-03-12

This could be iPad specific but for me the formatting as off? Code posts, titles, the blue ba near at the top of each section etc are not aligned?

It could be an issue with safari on ios but it's a tad untidy and awkward? Scrolling sideways to view posts is frustrating.

I'd post screen shots but I'm on my iPad and we all know how much of a ball ache that would prove to be Smile

Other than that it looks very nice and clean, just need a few tweaks here And there..

Also,
Just tired posting this and it froze with a loading screen Huh I have to preview the post prior to posting to bypass this little square loading screen? Strange...

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - sebak - 2012-03-12

It looks nice and clean on first look. Congratulations with that.
Hopefully MyBB can keep spam out.

It does seem to be slower than the vBulletin one. (However, Might of course be temporarily as everything still needs to be cached by everyone.)

Yay, video posting at last. Big Grin

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - crash123 - 2012-03-12

Nice. Really slick looking new forum. Would be nice to have a link to xbmc on Github in the top bar.

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - Ned Scott - 2012-03-12

(2012-03-12, 11:48)PatrickBateman Wrote: This could be iPad specific but for me the formatting as off? Code posts, titles, the blue ba near at the top of each section etc are not aligned?

It could be an issue with safari on ios but it's a tad untidy and awkward? Scrolling sideways to view posts is frustrating.

I'd post screen shots but I'm on my iPad and we all know how much of a ball ache that would prove to be Smile

Other than that it looks very nice and clean, just need a few tweaks here And there..

Also,
Just tired posting this and it froze with a loading screen Huh I have to preview the post prior to posting to bypass this little square loading screen? Strange...

I hear talk of mobile/tablet tweaks and such.

(2012-03-12, 12:13)crash123 Wrote: Nice. Really slick looking new forum. Would be nice to have a link to xbmc on Github in the top bar.

Good call.

EDIT: How do I edit thread titles in forums I moderate now?

Thanks.

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - da-anda - 2012-03-12

(2012-03-12, 12:18)Hitcher Wrote: EDIT: How do I edit thread titles in forums I moderate now?

Just edit the first post of the thread or click-and-hold the thread link in the forums thread overview.

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - da-anda - 2012-03-12

(2012-03-12, 11:48)PatrickBateman Wrote: This could be iPad specific but for me the formatting as off? Code posts, titles, the blue ba near at the top of each section etc are not aligned?

Unfortunately don't have a iPad or iPhone - so I can't test the theme on such devices. But will see what I can do.