Kodi Community Forum
New forum - Pros and Cons - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New forum - Pros and Cons (/showthread.php?tid=125303)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - jmarshall - 2012-03-12

Thanks for all the (on the whole) nice supportive posts guys - refreshing to see Smile

For those that want to remove the redirection screen, you can do this in your control panel (Edit options -> Show friendly redirect pages.). We're debating removing it by default - problem is that sometimes the redirect screen is useful (eg if you've forgotten your login details and ask the forum to mail you a password reset you don't know that it's happened with the redirect disabled).

Lastly, for those wanting more stuff in their sig, we'll be discussing this over the next week or two. Remember that these forums have a high post count, so restricting the size and content of sigs is essential to ensuring the noise doesn't swamp the content.

Cheers,
Jonathan

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - theuni - 2012-03-12

Tapatalk is activated, and the slowness should really be fixed now.

New software, new quirks. But mysql is finally happy. Thanks everyone for being patient.

AW: RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - mad-max - 2012-03-12

(2012-03-12, 23:34)theuni Wrote: Tapatalk is activated, and the slowness should really be fixed now.

New software, new quirks. But mysql is finally happy. Thanks everyone for being patient.

Confirm...it's working
Big Grin

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - Hitcher - 2012-03-12

Nice to see the XBMC General Help and Support sub forum titles tidied up. Can I suggest the Add-ons Help and Support sub forum titles drop 'Addons' seeing as they can't be anything else?

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - magao - 2012-03-12

Might have missed a shortcut somewhere, but it seems it takes 3 pages loads now to view my previous posts - User Control Panel => View Profile => Find all Threads/Posts.

Other than that ... the new forum isn't yet supported by AutoPager ...

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - distracto - 2012-03-13

very nice, thanks for the update and all the work.

i'm happy to see NO signatures at all! i have them turned off by default - i want to read what people have to say, not see what they are watching or what kind of computer they have in their living room

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - da-anda - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-12, 20:39)lrusak Wrote: what is the size of aloud pictures in a signature?

The height is currently limited to 160px - not much, but pics in signatures should not distract from the actual content - that's why we decided for this height for now.

(2012-03-12, 20:40)canadave Wrote: just tried to change my signature and I got a note saying the sig was "too long", even though I subtracted characters Smile It looks like HTML is turned off in sigs (I have some colours, and the <color> tags themselves apparently take up "space" in the sig, according to this new forum).
Limit is 250 chars - BBCODE is allowed, no HTML, and BBCODE does not count in for the total length

(2012-03-12, 20:30)TRaSH Wrote: - also the topics i follow i would get a email with a reply of the topic,
now i only get a part of the topic.
- when i do view new post i get a list and i used to hold my mouse over the topic and i would get a part of the question the person was asking.
- I miss is checking my subscribed posts and being able to quickly jump to the last page
1) agreed - will have a look
2) will have a look if I can alter the templates here
3) check the dropdown menu behind your username at the right side of the top bar to directly go to your subscribed threads and forums. In the listing click the "last post" link in the right column to go to the last page/post

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - bossanova808 - 2012-03-13

Just a quick note to say I'm liking it - it's MUCH faster for me, actually, and I'm already getting used to the new theme. I would like full posts by email rather than the snippets, if possible.

The only thing I don't like is in replies, because of the general post to post striping, sometimes quoted text is brighter than the post body text, and this is confusing to my brain - I always think quoted text should be in the background (i.er. darker) no matter the overall approach. Otherwise it jsut makes the quotes seem more important than the reply...

And not being able to use ctrl-b etc for bold or whatever will take some getting used to....

But overall, great job and I am sure it will pave the way for the future. It really loads a LOT quicker for me in all.

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - da-anda - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-12, 20:56)elitegamer360 Wrote: Also I can not extend the post box horizontally but it is OK vertically Angel
Noticed and will be fixed

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - StinDaWg - 2012-03-13

Tapatalk is not working properly for me. I added my 3 favorite subforums of this site to my favorites in the app, but then I get emails every time someone posts a thread in any one of them, which is obviously annoying and not wanted. This doesn't happen with other sites I use. How do I turn off the email notifications without having to unsubscribe thus negating the whole point of favorites?

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - tree_jammer - 2012-03-13

New forum seems to be working great, was getting a few errors about reaching connection limit earlier but all seems to be running smooth and fast. love the new look. very slick and professional.

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - elitegamer360 - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-12, 22:48)jmarshall Wrote: ....
Lastly, for those wanting more stuff in their sig, we'll be discussing this over the next week or two. Remember that these forums have a high post count, so restricting the size and content of sigs is essential to ensuring the noise doesn't swamp the content.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks for discussing it Smile

(2012-03-13, 01:42)da-anda Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 20:56)elitegamer360 Wrote: Also I can not extend the post box horizontally but it is OK vertically Angel
Noticed and will be fixed

Many Thanks Smile

Cheers,
EG.

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - lrusak - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-13, 01:06)da-anda Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 20:39)lrusak Wrote: what is the size of aloud pictures in a signature?

The height is currently limited to 160px - not much, but pics in signatures should not distract from the actual content - that's why we decided for this height for now.

Why does it seem that images from Trakt.tv are squished then?

there are 2 sizes for trakt images

400x100px
300x75px

both sizes seems smushed when using the BB code.

just wondering is all. Big Grin

Re: New forum - Pros and Cons - soder - 2012-03-13

Thanks for Tapatalk support.

/Söder

RE: New forum - Pros and Cons - Ned Scott - 2012-03-13

For some new pros, see here and the post below it.