Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG (/showthread.php?tid=125574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - KJ31 - 2012-09-23

Understandable that mate

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - walleee - 2012-10-02

Any word on this??

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-10-02

Any word on what?

Given the course of the conversation and your last post I thought that was obvious;

The fact that the addon isn't working.....

Not really that obvious as it's working perfectly fine for me and the several thousand others currently using it.

Perhaps you'd like to try explaining you issue and telling me what platform you're using so I can try and help you get it working for you.

I'll just leave it as every single time I enquire I get a frosty reception.

(2012-10-02, 04:23)walleee Wrote: I'll just leave it as every single time I enquire I get a frosty reception.

Every time?? you've only made 3 posts over here??

You post on other forums, or at least someone using your username does.

I suppose mud sticks.

Ok, now usually I'm a nice helpful guy so if I'm frosty with someone it'll be because they've either:

A, posted "It won't work!" without giving any further info like error messages, log files etc or

B, they've posted from a Non-UK IP, in which case you won't get any help as TVC is a UK only service and I have no control over that.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - falafael - 2012-10-08

Hi Dj, just a thought, when peoples tvcatchup has a problem, and you submit error report via the plugin, are you able to ascertain who that person is?, say if he/she is a member on the TVC forums, by comparing IP addresses?
Just asking as lately our tvcatchup has been acting up randomly, noit loading channels, just spinning working etc?, and wondered if you could see we were having problems via the IP address?
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-10-08

Yes I can, but not everyone that uses it has a Forum account (you don't get one automatically now, you have to post) which is why there is a message asking people to post on the forums as well so we can match each one up with the fault. As for the channels not loading, I've just heard that there is going to be some ass kicking as it's unacceptable the way the service has become so unreliable just lately.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - GeezerJT - 2012-10-19

Hi, great addon. But i dont get any sound. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-10-19

Can you tell me a bit about your setup as the Addon only passes the stream URL back to XBMC. Are you using Linux/Windows, Apple TV, OpenELEC, RPi?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - zackpliskin - 2012-11-08

Love this addon. But I'm confused. Allow me to explain.

When I press the I button on the keyboard, I get this:

When I press the Info button on the remote, I get this:

As the remote.xml and keyboard.xml files of XBMC have near-identical mappings for basic functions, am I to assume this is happening because the addon is hardcoded to only bring up the TVC EPG overlay on fullscreen video with the I button on a keyboard, not coded to bring it up at any press of any button which has the Info function mapped while in fullscreen video? Cos that would be my best guess.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - zackpliskin - 2012-11-09

No answers on that one eh?

If I'm right about certain functions being hardcoded to keyboard only rather than using any suitable XBMC device that does a function call, like the disparity between the <i> Info function on the keyboard versus the Info button on a remote, it seems like an odd choice. TVCatchup addon is going for a Freeview "set top box" feel, but the control method problem where the remote doesn't respond the same way as a keyboard is odd, given that regular set top boxes are primarily remote driven.

Of course without any feedback from the developer(s) this is all just speculation... Big Grin