Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG (/showthread.php?tid=125574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-11-09

Sorry, I thought Sean had replied lol. You were right, it was a line missing in the keyboard file. I've added it and tested it on my PC (hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it lol) and I've uploaded the fix to the repo so you should get the update any time now Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - spoyser - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-09, 15:11)dj_gerbil Wrote: Sorry, I thought Sean had replied lol.

Yes sorry about that, we wanted to check the fix all worked okay before posting but you beat us to it!

I use a Nxyboard remote which basically acts as a keyboard so I didn't notice the problem until you brought it up.

Please post any other anomolies you find.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - zackpliskin - 2012-11-16

EDIT: My apologies, it appears that the last two posts on page 34 are replies to what I've written. If so:

My problem now is that the I button on the keyboard or the remote both bring up the generic info bar from whatever skin you're using, rather than the much more useful/pretty TVCatchup "EPG Info over fullscreen video" overlay. What I was asking about was making the Info button on the remote do the same as the <i> button on the keyboard, not making the keyboard do the same as the Info button the remote if that makes sense. Basically that any press of any button assigned to the standard "<button>Info</button>" for fullscreen video in any keymap XML file should bring up the TVC EPG overlay.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 22:17)zackpliskin Wrote: In my case I've written "why does it do this?" and given further info about the problem, in this case a brief description and screenshots, and have posted from a British IP address. This meets your criteria for end-user support but I've gotten no response so far, let alone a frosty one! Are/were you on holiday, DJ Gerbil? HuhWinkLaugh

Now it's interesting you should say that.

Your queastion:

(2012-11-08, 17:31)zackpliskin Wrote: Love this addon. But I'm confused. Allow me to explain.

When I press the I button on the keyboard, I get this:

When I press the Info button on the remote, I get this:

As the remote.xml and keyboard.xml files of XBMC have near-identical mappings for basic functions, am I to assume this is happening because the addon is hardcoded to only bring up the TVC EPG overlay on fullscreen video with the I button on a keyboard, not coded to bring it up at any press of any button which has the Info function mapped while in fullscreen video? Cos that would be my best guess.

Your sarcastic prompt:

(2012-11-09, 14:56)zackpliskin Wrote: No answers on that one eh?

If I'm right about certain functions being hardcoded to keyboard only rather than using any suitable XBMC device that does a function call, like the disparity between the <i> Info function on the keyboard versus the Info button on a remote, it seems like an odd choice. TVCatchup addon is going for a Freeview "set top box" feel, but the control method problem where the remote doesn't respond the same way as a keyboard is odd, given that regular set top boxes are primarily remote driven.

Of course without any feedback from the developer(s) this is all just speculation... Big Grin

My response:

(2012-11-09, 15:11)dj_gerbil Wrote: Sorry, I thought Sean had replied lol. You were right, it was a line missing in the keyboard file. I've added it and tested it on my PC (hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it lol) and I've uploaded the fix to the repo so you should get the update any time now Smile

Sean's response backing me up:

(2012-11-09, 15:49)spoyser Wrote: Yes sorry about that, we wanted to check the fix all worked okay before posting but you beat us to it!

I use a Nxyboard remote which basically acts as a keyboard so I didn't notice the problem until you brought it up.

Please post any other anomolies you find.

So, how did I not reply to you? If you need further clarification, basically we set the info box to come up when you press I on the keyboard. When you were pressing Info on your remote it was bringing up the default XBMC info screen. We've tweaked the keyboard map (as per your suggestion I may add) and uploaded the fix. It's something I'd never even noticed tbh and Sean's remote mimics a keyboard so his reacted in the way we expected. If that's not the one you're referring to the please, be my guest and remind me.

(2012-11-16, 22:17)zackpliskin Wrote: EDIT: My apologies, it appears that the last two posts on page 34 are replies to what I've written. If so:

My problem now is that the I button on the keyboard or the remote both bring up the generic info bar from whatever skin you're using, rather than the much more useful/pretty TVCatchup "EPG Info over fullscreen video" overlay. What I was asking about was making the Info button on the remote do the same as the <i> button on the keyboard, not making the keyboard do the same as the Info button the remote if that makes sense. Basically that any press of any button assigned to the standard "<button>Info</button>" for fullscreen video in any keymap XML file should bring up the TVC EPG overlay.

Sorry I'm now really confused. Are you saying that the TVC Info box has completely gone for you now?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - zackpliskin - 2012-11-17

I stripped all the "I didn't get a response" stuff from my post almost as soon as I posted it because I didn't realise you and spoyser had replied and even better made changes to the TVC addon, and as you had what I originally wrote would seem rude which is why my edited post starts with "My apologies...". Unfortunately for me you'd read it before I was done with the edit. So yeah, to clarify it's my mistake not yours, wasn't trying to insult anyone.

(2012-11-16, 22:31)dj_gerbil Wrote: Sorry I'm now really confused. Are you saying that the TVC Info box has completely gone for you now?

Correct, at least testing TVC on XBMC 12 beta 1 with fresh profile and updated Confluence skin. In fullscreen video mode it's just the standard skinned info bar like you'd get for a library TV show or movie. No wait... I retested with new v12 beta 1 Confluence and PM3.HD and the Info command works perfectly on remote or keyboard.

There's another bug that may or may not be repeatable... earlier on when I was rescraping my library (again v12 XBMC beta 1, new Confluence only) it seemed like whenever the 3 minute Dim screensaver would kick in the "TVC is a free service which might cost in the future" prompt would keep coming up. Not sure why that is...

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-11-17

That's odd too. The message you're referring to is actually about the Radio Times data I think (that's the only one I can think of that might mention about costing). We've changed the way it checks that you've seen the message (those blooming RPi users kept spamming the error log with issues lol) to a hidden setting, I'm just wondering if there's a bug in 12 Beta 1 that maybe doesn't like this. I'll download ti this evening and try it for myself and see what I can find out.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - falafael - 2012-11-17

erm, one of the channels wouldn't work last night, i can't remember which one cos i was drunk!

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - zackpliskin - 2012-11-18

(2012-11-17, 12:40)dj_gerbil Wrote: That's odd too. The message you're referring to is actually about the Radio Times data I think (that's the only one I can think of that might mention about costing). We've changed the way it checks that you've seen the message (those blooming RPi users kept spamming the error log with issues lol) to a hidden setting, I'm just wondering if there's a bug in 12 Beta 1 that maybe doesn't like this. I'll download ti this evening and try it for myself and see what I can find out.

Cheers man, I think you and Sean are doing a great job with TVC for XBMC. Really tidy and well-behaved addon. As he mentioned, it appears XBMC v12 Beta 1 is causing a whole host of problems so any issues I'm finding are really a result of that I'd expect.

(2012-11-17, 14:06)falafael Wrote: erm, one of the channels wouldn't work last night, i can't remember which one cos i was drunk!

Ha, the amount of times I've recorded a bug when drunk, I lose count. I think when a regular nerd is drunk they tend to look at it more like a regular user would, i.e. everything should be easy and bug free when using the program. Not a bad thing - I'm a better bug finder when I'm drunk because I'm thinking "why doesn't it just work" like an Apple fanboy would rather than looking for a workaround as a good Linux/PC user would! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-11-18

(2012-11-18, 03:21)zackpliskin Wrote:
(2012-11-17, 12:40)dj_gerbil Wrote: That's odd too. The message you're referring to is actually about the Radio Times data I think (that's the only one I can think of that might mention about costing). We've changed the way it checks that you've seen the message (those blooming RPi users kept spamming the error log with issues lol) to a hidden setting, I'm just wondering if there's a bug in 12 Beta 1 that maybe doesn't like this. I'll download ti this evening and try it for myself and see what I can find out.

Cheers man, I think you and Sean are doing a great job with TVC for XBMC. Really tidy and well-behaved addon. As he mentioned, it appears XBMC v12 Beta 1 is causing a whole host of problems so any issues I'm finding are really a result of that I'd expect.

(2012-11-17, 14:06)falafael Wrote: erm, one of the channels wouldn't work last night, i can't remember which one cos i was drunk!

Ha, the amount of times I've recorded a bug when drunk, I lose count. I think when a regular nerd is drunk they tend to look at it more like a regular user would, i.e. everything should be easy and bug free when using the program. Not a bad thing - I'm a better bug finder when I'm drunk because I'm thinking "why doesn't it just work" like an Apple fanboy would rather than looking for a workaround as a good Linux/PC user would! Big Grin

Thanks for the kind words. The issues Sean's talking about on 12 are more to do with the way the GUI draws itself. You might have notice when 11 final dropped, a slow down in the way the EPG is drawn, well it's come back with a vengeance (especially with the RPi's).

As for broken channels (drunk or sober) you're better off reporting them on TVC's own forum as all their engineers get an email rather then just me telling them to check it Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - gibxxi - 2012-11-23

Crying with laughter at that one. Sorry to laugh at your expense falafael, but that post was truly EPIC in my view.

Rofl

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - falafael - 2012-11-23

lol, i was on the homebrewed cider!
Glad u got a laugh though!!! lol

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - gibxxi - 2012-11-23

Well coming from Somerset m8, I can certainly relate to that one!

Wink

EDIT: Shortly before almost wetting myself from laughing so hard, I actually re-read your message a second time (a kind of double-take) to be entirely sure I hadn't just gone completely insane and started hallucinating. lol.

Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - privado - 2012-11-30

Hi, the repo seems to be down today, any news Huh thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2012-12-01

Seems to be loading for me, what error are you seeing?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - DiMag - 2012-12-20

dj_gerbil, does your script work with frodo?