Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG (/showthread.php?tid=125574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - PatrickBateman - 2013-02-28

Yea, I tried the blu schemes and they are all a bit too noisy/buy for me.

I like the simplicity of the default look but with a brighter highlight, as the green is too dark, the red is to dark/warning looking Smile a nice sky blue would look great on the default theme IMO.

I suppose i could just change the red overlay to blue my self? Was the rainbow scheme set to the tvc colours?

Cheers Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-02-28

No only the default is done to TVC colours, all the others are just designed to look good and give you some options for customisation. As you said, you could always swap some of the colours around Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - shaktoo - 2013-03-04

tried it and is working perfectly @dj-gerbil .. thanks mate

Re: RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-03-04

(2013-03-04, 12:45)shaktoo Wrote: tried it and is working perfectly @dj-gerbil .. thanks mate

No problems, glad to help.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - PantsOnFire - 2013-03-08

Really sad news about tvcatchup :-(

I always thought, if it's freeview... how are the channels losing any money?

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-03-09

Its a long and complex story but the long and short of it is Sky think they should be the only ones allowed to show their content and their adverts. Because TVC show adverts before the stream Sky believe TVC are profiting off of their content. The Judge has now ruled that while Joe Public can watch TV for free via Freeview, TVC have to ask for permission to help them reach a wider audience. Go figure Undecided

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - jjmucker - 2013-03-10

Has anyone noticed any problems with the times in which certain shoes are on. For example, trying to get the FA cup game and it doesn't seem to be showing it. If I go to tvcatchup on my iPad ( not via xbmc ) it's working ok?

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-03-12

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but if you're referring to the issues at the beginning of the football the other night, the problem was that ITV Player collapsed under the strain and everyone came over to TVC meaning that some users were denied access until the traffic eased.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - JesusOnEez - 2013-03-22

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before, and apologies if it has, but although TVCatchup 2.0 with EPG works fine for me, everytime I open it, a window pops up with '1' in the window title, a blank box underneath, and an OK button underneath that. Clicking OK takes you through to the EPG but I'd like this annoying window to not appear.

Anyone seen it and how do I get rid?

I'm on main branch 12.0 Frodo.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - blondeshanks - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-22, 12:51)JesusOnEez Wrote: Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before, and apologies if it has, but although TVCatchup 2.0 with EPG works fine for me, everytime I open it, a window pops up with '1' in the window title, a blank box underneath, and an OK button underneath that. Clicking OK takes you through to the EPG but I'd like this annoying window to not appear.

Anyone seen it and how do I get rid?

I'm on main branch 12.0 Frodo.

Have the same issue, was going to report it but haven't seen it recently (past few days) so assumed it was a one-off. Would like to know what it was though?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-03-22

Sorry, that's my fault. I don't know if you remember but a few weeks ago I had some major issues with my server resulting in me loosing a load of code. Before that, there was a function I implemented that allowed me to put up announcements like "New channels added, please update to get them" and stuff like that. The problem is that the code that controlled that was on said server. I've been rebuilding the code but I'm not happy with the way it was working, so as a temporary measure I've got it so it just issues the number 1. The code SHOULD see the 1 and think "I've had that message, I'll ignore it", but as you're experiencing, it's apparently not doing that. If you look in the addon.py there's a line
Code:
try:
            messageID = TVC.checkLatestMessage()
            #print "Message ID is " + messageID

If you change the
Code:
messageID = TVC.checkLatestMessage()
to
Code:
messageID = 1 #TVC.checkLatestMessage()
It'll stop it asking for the message Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - JesusOnEez - 2013-03-22

Great, thanks muchly!

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - niteowl - 2013-03-24

This addon is superb. However it's been a bit of a struggle to use reliably since christmas - up to that point I had very little trouble with it. The past couple of weeks in particular it's been virtually unwatchable. Slow to load, lots of freezing, buffering and crashing back out to the epg. I don't have these issues with any other addon.

Atm I'm using the very latest version of tvcatchup, running it on a joggler and was using Eden, then moved to Frodo to see if that would help and since yesterday I'm trying it in XBMC 13 - mad I know! No change for better or worse in any case.

I'm a noob so don't really know where to start looking. Can post a debug log - when I figure out how to do it. Any suggestions in the meantime please?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - niteowl - 2013-03-27

Strange but welcome. It's been working almost flawlessley since my last post. I haven't done anything to it. I'll post a log if it starts playing up again.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2013-03-27

Sorry for the delay in replying, We've had some major works going on at TVC as well as to the back end of the plugin which has probably been causing what you've been seeing. Hopefully most of these issues are behind us now, hence things running smoother.