Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG (/showthread.php?tid=125574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - sam423 - 2014-02-21

it must be somewhere on this android box

it says 'enabled' everytime i try to install it

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - sam423 - 2014-02-23

i have found the 'tvcatchup' addon and its says enabled but when i click on it its empty, how can that be?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2014-02-23

Neither, you should use the link I gave you as none of the others are from the official source. The problem is that your computer is trying to open it in WinRAR, try telling it to "Save AS" and you should be good. As for saying it's Enabled it'll either be in Video Addon's or Program Addons, unless it's only the Repo that's installed which would explain why you can't find it.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - sam423 - 2014-02-24

Ah yes it is automatically downloading with winrar, i will try your method after work.

Thanks for that

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - sam423 - 2014-02-24

YOUR A GENIUS GERBIL

WINRAR was the problem

thought i was going crazy

problem is now that the download is getting blocked due to me being in spain so i think now the best thing for me to do is get a vpn router as i dont want to have my laptop connected to my tv all the time.

thanks for all the help guys

adios.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2014-02-25

Great, glad you sorted it and I'll pretend I didn't see the bit about VPNs lol.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - James_liv - 2014-03-23

Maybe I've missed this part but is it possible to have this addon run when I go into 'live tv' on my menu?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2014-03-23

(2014-03-23, 23:33)James_liv Wrote: Maybe I've missed this part but is it possible to have this addon run when I go into 'live tv' on my menu?

Thanks

No, I don't believe it is due to the way the Live TV bit works, sorry.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - James_liv - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-23, 23:47)dj_gerbil Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 23:33)James_liv Wrote: Maybe I've missed this part but is it possible to have this addon run when I go into 'live tv' on my menu?

Thanks

No, I don't believe it is due to the way the Live TV bit works, sorry.

Actually, I've found out that this is possible if you use the 'Customise skin' option on Aeon MQ5.
Don't know about other skins but it works a treat now. I hit 'Live TV' and it launches catchup tv 2 with epg.

Fairly pleased with myself!
Great app - thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - anics - 2014-03-27

Hi,

Not sure if you guys can help but I am experiencing a similar problem to sam (above). Actually, the same problem in that I install the TVcatch up ad-on from the official downloaded repo zip and then find that it is "Visible" under "Get Ad-ons" but invisible in Video Ad-on's. And, like above when I click on it to open it - it is empty...

Here's the rub... I am running Frodo on a linux based Gbox Midnight MX2...

I have spent some time trawling through this forum and through the TV Catchup forum but I am well and truly stuck. I have read about the problem with some versions of xbmc not picking up the contents of the repo and having to "extract the dependencies zip" into my ad-ons folder in xbmc however given the build that I am running I can't actually do this as I am unable to access the user ad-on folder.

For example I can download the relevant zip files and place them on a storage device but I do not know how to get them off of the storage device and into the requisite folder... I can "install from zip" easily enough, just like everyone else and install repo's that way but I do not seem to be able to import files into the user ad-on folder... locating it was hard enough...

FYI - it was working before. Ie - the box came fully loaded but I had some "issues" with it so I ran Fresh start and then re-installed fusion, xbmchub & superrepo etc etc

I purchased the box via the XBMC Doctors on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251344103721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)

I have emailed them a few times for help as they state they have a dedicated xbmc helper but... nada...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - thebearnecessit - 2014-04-14

I'm on gotham and i need to install the non epg version of tvcatchup.

is this the wrong thread? the non epg version says "incompatible" on gotham, just looking to see if anyone knows if it will be compatible at some point down the line? or never?

edit: i tried to repost this message on the tvcatchup forum as suggested in the first post on this thread, but ive had problems logging in, despite resetting my password

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - fmotj - 2014-04-14

Have just installed vers 2.0 with EPG which looks great until I try and play anything, it then bounces me out of XBMC completely, weird thing is if I try the one without EPG the links work fine, any help gratefully received, am using a Minix 7 with XBMC Frodo (also tried Gotham but same result, any ideas anyone?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 11:22)thebearnecessit Wrote: I'm on gotham and i need to install the non epg version of tvcatchup.

is this the wrong thread? the non epg version says "incompatible" on gotham, just looking to see if anyone knows if it will be compatible at some point down the line? or never?

edit: i tried to repost this message on the tvcatchup forum as suggested in the first post on this thread, but ive had problems logging in, despite resetting my password

If its saying incompatible try checking what version of python Gotham's got and then change addon.xml and see if that helps. As for your login issues, if you email [email protected] and mark it FAO Chris he'll be able to help you.

(2014-04-14, 23:27)fmotj Wrote: Have just installed vers 2.0 with EPG which looks great until I try and play anything, it then bounces me out of XBMC completely, weird thing is if I try the one without EPG the links work fine, any help gratefully received, am using a Minix 7 with XBMC Frodo (also tried Gotham but same result, any ideas anyone?

Can you email me a copy of your log file to [email protected] then hopefully I'll be able to spot what's crashing XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - thebearnecessit - 2014-04-15

erm, not sure how to do those things, can anyone help?

you asked me to find out what version of python gothams got - not sure how to do this but i found a note on the gotham wiki (http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-note-to-add-on-developers/) saying the following about python on gotham:

"we have set the minimum python API version to 2.1.0 which has to be set in addon.xml. Since this version was already available in Frodo it won’t affect your Add-on in any way. Any Add-on that still has a lower API version set will still work in Frodo but will be marked broken in Gotham."

then you suggested i edit the addon.xml. i'm comfortable editing .xml files, but really only when im told where it is and what to edit. can you help if possible? how do i edit an xml when i cant even install the addon (in system>addons>get addons>tvcatchups xbmc addons>video addons>tvcatchup it says incompatible and when i click on it, the "install" button is greyed out)? or is it an addon.xml in the tvcatchup repository folder?

i found an addon.xml in theaddons/script.tvcatchup folder that says requires python version 2.1.0 but that is the tvcatchup 2.0 WITH epg so i dont see how its relevent

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG - dj_gerbil - 2014-04-16

OK, my thinking was that if the you could copy the info from 2.0's addon.xml into the non-epg one then maybe it'll allow you to install it. All I can say is give it a try and see how it goes.