Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins (/showthread.php?tid=125746)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - flitter2009 - 2013-07-13

Hi,

Mentioned earlier (and nowhere else that I can find) is the 'The Age TV' plugin... is this still maintained? It doesn't want to play any of the content from there.

Is anyone else using it?

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - Wozza_au - 2013-07-31

Anyone had any luck with the channel7 addon? or has it been relegated to the to hard basket Smile

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - adammw - 2013-07-31

It's a mixture of success and failure - It depends on which technologies are available for each video, some videos are classified as Premium and others are classified as Non-Premium. The classification is likely dependent on the deals and contracts they have in place for the content, which appears to be related to the value of the content and who made it. The premium videos (which are probably the ones you will want to watch) are difficult/impossible to access from XBMC.

For example, the Sneak Peeks of "Mr. Selfridge" are being delivered over RTMP without any extra encryption/DRM (from the "Yahoo!7 - Non Premium" account), and could easily be watched in XBMC. Whereas other shows like "An Idiot Abroad" or "Go On" are delivered over RTMP with Flash Access DRM - something that neither ffmpeg, rtmpdump or XBMC understand or support.

That being said, there are a few loopholes. Firstly, is that some videos are enabled for iOS streaming over HLS, which XBMC does support, however the streams use HTTPS / SSL, which the version of ffmpeg that is compiled into XBMC doesn't seem to include, and therefore can't play the streams without some sort of HTTPS-to-HTTP proxy. The second loophole is that some shows, but not all, are available for Samsung Smart TVs, which uses a completely different service/API for delivery that is very simple to watch with XBMC (it's just a regular progressive HTTP download).

So really, it depends which show you want to watch.

P.S. I've drawn up a table detailing which services support what as a guide as how feasible developing/fixing add-ons are for them. For reference, XBMC supports progressive download, RTMP and HLS, but only without Flash Access DRM.

P.P.S. The other good/interesting thing is that most of them are using Brightcove, meaning it's quite well understood and writing addons can have a lot of code re-use.

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - Wozza_au - 2013-08-01

Hi
Thats over my old gray head Smile I still dont know why they cant leave some backgradable services running ...yeah I know progress Wink
Im wondering how hard it would be to come up with a striped down browser, that we can use to browse the different catch up tv feeds main pages using the remote.
Meh will just have to sit in front of the PC and catch up on the man shows....hate this time of year mind numbing horrid big brother,xfactor,and the cooking shows Smile
yeah I know man up and regain the remote....but around here the "happy wife happy life" quote is soooo true Big Grin

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - budswell - 2013-08-02

Hi,
Thanks heaps for these. I watch the ABC iView one every week. Just want to confirm I am doing things right. Downloaded and installed this Zip
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-catchuptv-au/downloads/detail?name=repository.googlecode.xbmc-catchuptv-au-1.3.zip

On windows ABC iView and ABC News work for me. But SBS and 7 give script errors.

But on the OpenElec box I'm setting up the ABC ones do not work. They either do nothing or make XBMC restart. Anything I should be doing?
A sample xbmc.log is here
http://pastebin.com/BybGN8vR

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - adammw - 2013-08-03

Hi budswell,
I've found RTMP support in XBMC can be a bit flaky or crash-prone - not sure if there's anything I can suggest to fix it besides try again. If it happens consistently on one platform and not another (and they are both using the same version of XBMC) - that's definitely a bug the XBMC team should be looking into.

The versions of SBS and Plus7 in the xbmc-catchuptv-au repo are (as far as I know) broken and are not expected to work at the moment. This could change in the future if updates (newer versions) are released, but at least this seems to be true with the versions in there now. I think bog_gob's SBS plugin (see the first post of this thread) may be working at the moment, I haven't checked.

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - budswell - 2013-08-04

ABC stuff did work on openElec today. Funny, I tried a bunch of times before and they all failed. Only difference is before was an empty library, whereas I did load up some movies and TV series since then. I may have possibly messed with some settings too come to think of it. Cannot remember what though.

Thanks again - depend on the iView for a couple of shows.

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - bog_gob - 2013-09-01

I've had a brief look at fixing plus7, it is now using brightcove which I can deal with, the problem is that the final downloaded file seems to be encrypted). It seems to be protected with some sort of DRM by Adobe. Not sure at this point how to resolve this.

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - Wozza_au - 2013-09-04

Hi
I suppose it was only a matter of time before they came up with some way to stop leaching and bypassing their adds Smile
no way you can feed the stream through an adobe player assuming there is a standalone app (thinking smartphones/tv here)

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - adammw - 2013-09-04

Wozza_au, what are you trying to watch, and on what device/software?

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - Wozza_au - 2013-09-04

(2013-09-04, 02:23)adammw Wrote: Wozza_au, what are you trying to watch, and on what device/software?
any catchup tv I can Smile my reception is lousy so its pointless recording anything.....just saying if the feeds are encrypted maybe use an adobe player (assuming the player decrypts the feed)
they have stand alone apps for smartphones/tv so was just thinking out aloud if that maybe a workaround....as for devices software you name it I got it Smile
ipad iphones android tabs,laptops,desktops, htpc...hate phones but the missus has like 4 of the damn things Big Grin

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - adammw - 2013-09-04

Flash player encryption these days is called flash access, you could reverse engineer it but it would need some skill. You are correct in terms of mobile devices being workarounds, however sometimes they are smart and only release low value shows like that. If your not looking for playing in XBMC but just standalone, most sites support HLS in one way or another, which you can play with ffmpeg or on a iPhone. I might make some helper scripts at some point.

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - bog_gob - 2013-09-04

I'm currently mucking around with grabbing the appropriate content and launching it in a browser, this will allow adobe's decryption code to run normally. This might need a lot of tuning, performance on my HTPC is very choppy (not sure if this is due to missing/crap flash hardware acceleration or due to the fact that XBMC is running in the background). You'd also have to rebind your browser (and it's resident flash window) to your remote control

Adam: you mentioned that Plus7 support HLS, you wouldn't have any idea how I can determine the URL to use to get to it? I think I could set up ffmpeg to act as a gateway, I might be able to stream from ffmpeg back into XBMC (as long as the codecs used are the supported by xbmc). This might initially lack some features (such as fast forwarding) but you'll at least be able to use XBMC's native player

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - adammw - 2013-09-08

Download the script from https://gist.github.com/adammw/6484147 , copy and paste a link from Plus7, then try it out. E.g.:
Code:
ffplay `python p7-hls.py http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/game-day/-/watch/18831768/sun-8-sep-series-1-episode-26/?play=1`

Note that your installed version of ffmpeg will need to have both HLS and HTTPS support compiled in for it to work.

Quote:Adam: you mentioned that Plus7 support HLS, you wouldn't have any idea how I can determine the URL to use to get to it? I think I could set up ffmpeg to act as a gateway, I might be able to stream from ffmpeg back into XBMC (as long as the codecs used are the supported by xbmc). This might initially lack some features (such as fast forwarding) but you'll at least be able to use XBMC's native player

I'm pretty sure XBMC already supports HLS, it's just that it lacks HTTPS support (or at least my version does). Rather than having to go through ffmpeg gateway, you should be able to write a simple HTTP-to-HTTPS gateway in python that proxies requests for the HTTPS server through a regular HTTP one, and rewrites the urls to point back to itself.

Note that I'm not sure 1) if HLS is enabled on all videos, and 2) how long it will stay enabled once it's made apparent.

Update: Not sure if I've already said this or not, but in trying to make a similar script for Ninemsn I found out that the shows with Flash Access don't have HLS enabled (which makes sense, but means there's no way to get these shows). So that means shows like Arrow you will need to get from Bittorrent. The good news however is that local shows like Big Brother have no protection whatsoever, and even have HTTP progressive download enabled.

RE: [Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins - tree_and_kite - 2013-09-29

Channel Ten has launched its new catchup service which I assume breaks the current Ten plugin

http://nelbie.com/kevmarl/2013/9/29/exclusive-new-tenplay-tv-service-has-launched