10.1 or 11RC2? - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 10.1 or 11RC2? (/showthread.php?tid=126052)
10.1 or 11RC2? - ET3D - 2012-03-20 12:28
I'm building my first HTPC, and decided to try XBMC as the front end. When faced with released vs. pre-release versions I tend to choose the stable version (10.1 in this case). However 11 looks close to release status, looks like it has worthwhile improvements, and I imagine that I will have to redo a lot of setup stuff if I move from 10.1 later.
So what would you suggest? I'm leaning towards 11RC2, but would like to know if there are any limitations I should expect, and whether upgrading to the release version will be as simple as installing it over the RC.
(The only thing I want to do which may need some tinkering is to scrape Hebrew images for movies.)
RE: 10.1 or 11RC2? - lloydsmart - 2012-03-20 12:32
I'm using RC2 and haven't experienced any problems.
RE: 10.1 or 11RC2? - jhsrennie - 2012-03-20 12:43
v11.0 will be released any day now. You might want to wait a week or so.
RE: 10.1 or 11RC2? - ET3D - 2012-03-20 13:11
Thanks. If 11.0 will be released shortly, then I assume it will be close enough to RC2, so that is safe. I do want to get this up as quickly as possible. However, I will probably start using Ember Media Manager to create the library (assuming that adding a scraper designed for XBMC there is possible), which will give me a little more time to wait while this is done.