Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app (/showthread.php?tid=126297)

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - hellow - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-22, 21:50)fldc Wrote: Thanks for this great thing, I'm creating a few modules myself for my up and coming home automation setup that my htpc is controlling, I was also thinking of creating a boblight module for some basic led control, but hey, we'll see. Big Grin I guess this tellstick thing isn't very widely used outside sweden so inclusion into htpc-manager doesn't make much sense though. Big Grin

A screenshot of the beginning of a basic tellstick home automation module, those switches and sliders controls different lights and dimmers Big Grin
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwfRqRApE7uJSFpxMlFpZXV1SU0/edit

Send a pull! I think it's awesome. People that don't want it can just disable the module.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Tarom - 2013-09-23

Hey there!

Been enjoying software for a while and very happy with it. Thank you for great work styxit! Recently I discovered that when I try to check for updates, I get an error "Failed. Check error log", error log reports "HTTP Error 404: Not Found". What can i do to fix that? Googling led to to a branch of gihub with no apparent solution. Any ideas?

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - colek42 - 2013-09-24

Just stumbled on this, right now I am using Maraschino - it fits most of my needs, but I want more. I was actually planning on building a framework from scratch, but this looks like it may give me a head start.

Wondering if modules exist to do the following:

1. Run external scripts, for example I have bash scripts to restart my various services and the server itself. This is so the wife can restart them easily when a process hangs. I also have scripts to run system updates.

2. IP Camera Support (I use blue Iris, but showing the raw camera feed would be acceptable for now as BlueIris does not have a decent API as far as I know. Something can get hacked together for a full implementation, but this will take much work.

3. Links to external sites, ie my router, mythtvweb, cable modem, other internal servers

4. Home Automation support. - Don't need this now, but plan on adding some zwave devices to my home soon. (MiCasaVerde?)

5. MythTV Scheduling support

6. Global adding of new NewzNab search providers to couch potato/sickbeard/headphones?

7. HTTPS support

Also this project may need it's own forum as a 50 page thread is pretty ridiculous.

I am going to start development on some of this functionality fairly soon and will make my own branch. It may take some time as I am fairly new to python.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - fldc - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-23, 10:52)hellow Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 21:50)fldc Wrote: Thanks for this great thing, I'm creating a few modules myself for my up and coming home automation setup that my htpc is controlling, I was also thinking of creating a boblight module for some basic led control, but hey, we'll see. Big Grin I guess this tellstick thing isn't very widely used outside sweden so inclusion into htpc-manager doesn't make much sense though. Big Grin

A screenshot of the beginning of a basic tellstick home automation module, those switches and sliders controls different lights and dimmers Big Grin
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwfRqRApE7uJSFpxMlFpZXV1SU0/edit

Send a pull! I think it's awesome. People that don't want it can just disable the module.

That's true though, I could do a pull request when it's "done", right now only half of the functionality is in there.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - fldc - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-24, 08:18)colek42 Wrote: Just stumbled on this, right now I am using Maraschino - it fits most of my needs, but I want more. I was actually planning on building a framework from scratch, but this looks like it may give me a head start.

Wondering if modules exist to do the following:

1. Run external scripts, for example I have bash scripts to restart my various services and the server itself. This is so the wife can restart them easily when a process hangs. I also have scripts to run system updates.

2. IP Camera Support (I use blue Iris, but showing the raw camera feed would be acceptable for now as BlueIris does not have a decent API as far as I know. Something can get hacked together for a full implementation, but this will take much work.

3. Links to external sites, ie my router, mythtvweb, cable modem, other internal servers

4. Home Automation support. - Don't need this now, but plan on adding some zwave devices to my home soon. (MiCasaVerde?)

6. Global adding of new NewzNab search providers to couch potato/sickbeard/headphones?

7. HTTPS support

Also this project may need it's own forum as a 50 page thread is pretty ridiculous.

I am going to start development on some of this functionality fairly soon and will make my own branch. It may take some time as I am fairly new to python.

1. So what you want is a cron frontend? There is some obvious security issues to take in consideration for this though.

2. This is on my personal todo list also, I was looking at zoneminder though as I'm a Linux user

3. I have a module for this, but my local branch sorts modules in drop menus on the nav bar, as it is right now it wouldn't fit Big Grin

4. I'm working on home automation, but for tellstick and 433.92Mhz devices as seen above.

5. This is also on my todo list, but maybe you will get to this first, maybe we can do some cooperation further on

7. I think SSL support is already in? Correct me if I'm wrong. Big Grin

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - dhead - 2013-09-26

@styxit,

Do you plan on adding support for streaming media ? streaming music over the internet seems to me very useful feature.
Although this probably can be done with CherryMusic I much prefer a unified solution.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - tmiland - 2013-09-28

Got the images working now, after deleting the PIL folder.

Another thing is the updater isn't working, i get this error:
Code:
2013-09-28 18:31:07 :: htpc.updater :: ERROR :: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Username2045 - 2013-09-28

Playing around with the Couchpotato module and it seems to be a cap of around 200 items or it won't load. Just wondering if this is set somewhere in this software or is it a limitation due to Couchpotato?

Currently trying to set up a Movies tab in the module since it's not possible to view the movie library in the same manner as with TV shows whenever XBMC is off.

Edit: Also getting the same error as tmiland

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - styxit - 2013-10-03

(2013-09-23, 11:42)Tarom Wrote: Been enjoying software for a while and very happy with it. Thank you for great work styxit! Recently I discovered that when I try to check for updates, I get an error "Failed. Check error log", error log reports "HTTP Error 404: Not Found". What can i do to fix that? Googling led to to a branch of gihub with no apparent solution. Any ideas?
My guess is that this happens when Git is not installed. This changed a while ago, but was not created by me. Needs some testing before i can confirm this.

(2013-09-24, 08:18)colek42 Wrote: Wondering if modules exist to do the following:

7. HTTPS support
1. No, the idea, for this is to combine multiple Api's into one interface. It is not meant to directly execute actions.
2. I think this is not really a thing for htpc Manager. Its current tasks are related to downloading an playing (and managing) music and video. Ip cam does not really fit in.
3. This has been asked multiple times. At the moment there is no support for this, but i already started with something like this. A settings page to add custom links to the menu.
4. Also no, see #2 above.
5. Scheduling mythTv is not possible right now. Also i dont't really know what mythtv is. Scheduling actions for htpcManager is not really what i had in mind. Its purpose is just to provide a nice and generic interface for the different programs.
6. Newznab is added so you can search you newzNab provider for nabs. Configuring sickbeard/couchpotato is not a HtpcManager task. The 3rd party apps should be configured before using them with HtpcManager.
7. I could be wrong, but i think HtpcManager already works on https.

(2013-09-26, 19:14)dhead Wrote: Do you plan on adding support for streaming media ? streaming music over the internet seems to me very useful feature.
No. Streaming is something completely different from what HtpcManager is at the moment. Is is just a nice way to control different 3rd party programs. Adding streaming support (although it would be really cool) is not something that can easily be added.

(2013-09-28, 18:38)tmiland Wrote: Got the images working now, after deleting the PIL folder.

Another thing is the updater isn't working, i get this error:
Code:
2013-09-28 18:31:07 :: htpc.updater :: ERROR :: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
I am glad you got the images working! You were struggling with that for quite a while.
About the update error. I would have to take a look at that. The update has been changed a lot over the last few months, but not by me. I would have to do some research to find out what is triggering this error.

(2013-09-28, 19:59)Username2045 Wrote: Playing around with the Couchpotato module and it seems to be a cap of around 200 items or it won't load. Just wondering if this is set somewhere in this software or is it a limitation due to Couchpotato?

Currently trying to set up a Movies tab in the module since it's not possible to view the movie library in the same manner as with TV shows whenever XBMC is off.
Edit: Also getting the same error as tmiland
I think the limit is set in HtpcManager. It was set to prevent timeouts, but when you say "it won't load", i assume it is the timeout that cancels the request.
The part that manages the tvshows (when xvmc is off) is sickbeard. For movies there is couchpotato support. I think that should be enough?

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - fldc - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-03, 13:49)styxit Wrote:
(2013-09-26, 19:14)dhead Wrote: Do you plan on adding support for streaming media ? streaming music over the internet seems to me very useful feature.
No. Streaming is something completely different from what HtpcManager is at the moment. Is is just a nice way to control different 3rd party programs. Adding streaming support (although it would be really cool) is not something that can easily be added.

I could be entirely wrong here, but I actually think you already can get a file link from xbmc (Gotham?), so to just deliver a playlist on the fly would be quite easy.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - styxit - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-14, 18:36)fldc Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 13:49)styxit Wrote:

I could be entirely wrong here, but I actually think you already can get a file link from xbmc (Gotham?), so to just deliver a playlist on the fly would be quite easy.

I have not yet looked into the Gotham api, you could be right. The thing is, because Htpc Manager works like a proxy for access to xbmc, the actual video stream would also have to go through HtpcManager. I have no experience on how to do such thing with a video stream.

Sv: RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - fldc - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-14, 22:01)styxit Wrote:
(2013-10-14, 18:36)fldc Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 13:49)styxit Wrote: No. Streaming is something completely different from what HtpcManager is at the moment. Is is just a nice way to control different 3rd party programs. Adding streaming support (although it would be really cool) is not something that can easily be added.

I have not yet looked into the Gotham api, you could be right. The thing is, because Htpc Manager works like a proxy for access to xbmc, the actual video stream would also have to go through HtpcManager. I have no experience on how to do such thing with a video stream.

You're right, I didn't take the the proxying into consideration, that brings it to a whole new level ;-)

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Ayla - 2013-10-15

styxit, how do I reset my user/pass, if I forgot the current ones?

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - styxit - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 10:18)Ayla Wrote: styxit, how do I reset my user/pass, if I forgot the current ones?

All settings are stored in a database file. It is located in userdata/database.db If you delete this file all settings will be set back to normal. If you have knowledge of databases you can also open the database and edit the app_username and app_password in the 'setting' table, so you keep all other settings.

After this, a restart of Htpc Manager is probably required.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Ayla - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 10:28)styxit Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 10:18)Ayla Wrote: styxit, how do I reset my user/pass, if I forgot the current ones?

All settings are stored in a database file. It is located in userdata/database.db If you delete this file all settings will be set back to normal. If you have knowledge of databases you can also open the database and edit the app_username and app_password in the 'setting' table, so you keep all other settings.

After this, a restart of Htpc Manager is probably required.

Thanks for the reply, what format is the db?