Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app (/showthread.php?tid=126297)

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - LAW-Mastermind - 2014-04-08

Any chance you integrate i direct mysql connection so i don't need an instance of xbmc running?
Thanks for all your work it's a great tool.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Jeremy White - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-06, 03:00)MadClicker Wrote: You might try putting this in your init.d file:

Code:
# Should-Start:      $NetworkManager
# Should-Stop:       $NetworkManager

Can't say it will fix your problem, but it does sound to me like the system is trying to start your script before the network.

No luck Sad

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Jeremy White - 2014-04-10

Should the Htpc.py be running as root?

I'm starting it now sudo .\Htpc.py when it works.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - MadClicker - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-10, 05:50)Jeremy White Wrote: Should the Htpc.py be running as root?

I'm starting it now sudo .\Htpc.py when it works.

You should never start anything under root unless you have a clear reason for doing so.

This script does nothing that needs root access.

The script I use is heavily modified and requires root privileges to operate to full potential.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Crueltylizer - 2014-04-14

I just installed HTPC Manager on my Synology, where Sickbeard, Sabnzbd and Transmission is installed. But XBMC is on another computer - Is there anyway to add this to HTPC Manager even though its on another computer in the house?

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - styxit - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 22:19)Crueltylizer Wrote: I just installed HTPC Manager on my Synology, where Sickbeard, Sabnzbd and Transmission is installed. But XBMC is on another computer - Is there anyway to add this to HTPC Manager even though its on another computer in the house?

Yes, It connects using ip-addersses. Just enter the IP for you xbmc machine and you should be good to go.

Adding xbmc servers on Synology seems to be a little buggy. If it is not working the first time, restart HTPC-Manager. Not sure what it is, but that should do the trick.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - Crueltylizer - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 22:22)styxit Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 22:19)Crueltylizer Wrote: I just installed HTPC Manager on my Synology, where Sickbeard, Sabnzbd and Transmission is installed. But XBMC is on another computer - Is there anyway to add this to HTPC Manager even though its on another computer in the house?

Yes, It connects using ip-addersses. Just enter the IP for you xbmc machine and you should be good to go.

Adding xbmc servers on Synology seems to be a little buggy. If it is not working the first time, restart HTPC-Manager. Not sure what it is, but that should do the trick.

Thanks - So i need to add it under XBMC Servers?

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - hellow - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-14, 22:47)Crueltylizer Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 22:22)styxit Wrote:

Thanks - So i need to add it under XBMC Servers?

yes

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - DropbearNinja - 2014-04-16

Hi,

First, thanks styxit for this awesome tool. Great work.

I just have one problem with sabnzbd - there's no way to pause/resume individual nzb's? I can delete individual nzb's, or pause/resume sab globally, but not individual nzb's. Is this on purpose, or something wrong with my setup somehow?

Cheers

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - MadClicker - 2014-04-16

This is just a short coming of htpcm. There is an api method to pause individual downloads, but it's not implemented.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - lallhands - 2014-04-17

This is a great product! It makes the system simple enough for family use.

Is there a way to password protect the settings without password protecting the other pages? I'd like to lock the little ones out of critical controls without denying them the ability to add movies, etc.

Thanks!

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - hellow - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-17, 18:55)lallhands Wrote: This is a great product! It makes the system simple enough for family use.

Is there a way to password protect the settings without password protecting the other pages? I'd like to lock the little ones out of critical controls without denying them the ability to add movies, etc.

Thanks!

It is not possible atm. But some sort of kioskmode like maraschino has wouldnt be so hard to make.

(2014-04-16, 03:55)MadClicker Wrote: This is just a short coming of htpcm. There is an api method to pause individual downloads, but it's not implemented.

I'd like that myself! Ill tale a look when i got the time.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - MadClicker - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-18, 00:03)hellow Wrote: I'd like that myself! Ill tale a look when i got the time.

Yea, there are lots and lots of functions still to be implemented in many of the packages.

I feel that if I have to actually use the package interface for something that they provide an API method for my app is failing.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - MadClicker - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-18, 00:03)hellow Wrote: It is not possible atm. But some sort of kioskmode like maraschino has wouldnt be so hard to make.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this.

RE: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app - hellow - 2014-04-18

3 ways: disable the links with js or template, render a other button or use something like this http://tools.cherrypy.org/wiki/AuthenticationAndAccessRestrictions