Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (/showthread.php?tid=126495)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - artlost - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 15:18)amet Wrote: subtitles finding is often done using different protocol, is your proxy off?
I'm not using any proxy, internet (FF/IE) is working normally.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - amet - 2012-06-11

proxy in xbmc is what I was referring to

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - artlost - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 15:48)amet Wrote: proxy in xbmc is what I was referring to
No proxy there either, just standard settings. I reinstalled XMBC completely.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - amet - 2012-06-11

not sure what to tell you, try removing(or backing up) the xbmc user folder and try again... works here as expected

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - artlost - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-11, 16:07)amet Wrote: not sure what to tell you, try removing(or backing up) the xbmc user folder and try again... works here as expected
Did a complete new install, removed the XBMC via windows control panel and deleted the XBMC user folder and installed it all again. Somehow it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to go back one version of XBMC Subtitles for a test?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - OneOfThose - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 00:49)artlost Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 16:07)amet Wrote: not sure what to tell you, try removing(or backing up) the xbmc user folder and try again... works here as expected
Did a complete new install, removed the XBMC via windows control panel and deleted the XBMC user folder and installed it all again. Somehow it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to go back one version of XBMC Subtitles for a test?

Same here. I'm also using the Windows Version of XBMC (Eden stable 11.0, Windows XP SP3 all patches)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - artlost - 2012-06-13

I "solved" it by installing a clean Windows 7. Checked all network settings before, but didn't find the cause of the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - kozzmozz - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-01, 17:22)kozzmozz Wrote: Just installed XBMC Windows v11.0 on my laptop with default skin Confluence.
But I still get the following error message;

After checking the logfile xbmc.log; https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1rxt0sks3beo8b/xbmc.log,
I have found out that my Windows-username Frédéric is giving the error on the special character "é".
Is it possible to create a bugfix plz?

Has this been solved or looked at? Because the problem is still ongoing.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - sloppyc - 2012-06-21

Having trouble with this one. Seems to be permissions-related.

I've got XBMC Eden (not beta on either system, exact version I'd have to get back to you on) with the 3.2.1 version of the plugin running on both my Windows 7 workstation and my Ubuntu HTPC. Media is stored on my Ubuntu server via Samba. I (and my group) have rwx permissions on all files/directories on the server both in my smb.conf and in the filesystem itself, but the error code 53 in my log seemed to indicate a permissions error when downloading the subtitle? Symptoms are just a lack of a subtitle being displayed on my TV. I have some previously downloaded .srt subtitles that work just fine when loaded manually, but the supposedly downloaded subs from the add-on are not where XBMC claims (or anywhere else, for that matter). I've tried storing them in the same directory as the video files as well as in a anewly-created local directory with no change that I can see.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - HallucinogeN - 2012-06-22

Not quite sure if that is the right place to ask.

one of the site listed for downloading hebrew subtitles (www.sratim.co.il) became a movie database site only.
the subtitles site now is - www.subtitle.co.il

thanks !

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - DariusVE - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-21, 07:52)sloppyc Wrote: Having trouble with this one. Seems to be permissions-related.

I've got XBMC Eden (not beta on either system, exact version I'd have to get back to you on) with the 3.2.1 version of the plugin running on both my Windows 7 workstation and my Ubuntu HTPC. Media is stored on my Ubuntu server via Samba. I (and my group) have rwx permissions on all files/directories on the server both in my smb.conf and in the filesystem itself, but the error code 53 in my log seemed to indicate a permissions error when downloading the subtitle? Symptoms are just a lack of a subtitle being displayed on my TV. I have some previously downloaded .srt subtitles that work just fine when loaded manually, but the supposedly downloaded subs from the add-on are not where XBMC claims (or anywhere else, for that matter). I've tried storing them in the same directory as the video files as well as in a anewly-created local directory with no change that I can see.

I have the same issues here on my Ubuntu 12.04LTS HTPC, My media are on a NAS.

The addon says: Subtitles files downloaded and extracted. then freezes and no file is write on the movie folder

Any suggestion?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - sloppyc - 2012-06-24

LTS on my HTPC as well, and just upgraded my Ubuntu server to same.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - solidsatras - 2012-06-25

Every once in a while the Subtitles Script freezes xbmc and I have to kill it.
So far I coundn´t pinpoint a pattern, but here is a log from the last freeze:
debug log

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - Tuner111 - 2012-06-25

i have Error Extracting Subtitles error how to fix it ?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - amet - 2012-06-25

Read the first post here