Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (/showthread.php?tid=126495)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - publicENEMY - 2012-10-10

(2012-10-08, 22:00)odt_x Wrote: I believe the crashes of XBMC in the nightlies from the past 2 weeks on ATV2 are not because of anything related to the subtitle script, going back to the nightly from september 9 seems to work fine with no crash when launching the script. Would be great to identify the changeset after which it started crashing though.

i was gonna say that xbmc crashes when trying to search subtitle for the past weeks and there is nothing in log files, but you saved me the trouble.

thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - pogo1975 - 2012-10-10

Hi Amet

could you check Napisy24 script for alternative method to xbmc.subHashAndFileSize which in Frodo nightlies is no more?

I belive that xbmc.subHashAndFileSize is used in opensubtitles script also but i do not use it.

Regards

Jarek

ps. i also have problem on ios (ipad, atv2) and nfs shares that yor addon crashes xbmc...

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - amet - 2012-10-10

See how opensubtitles does it in frodo-pre branch

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - HiGhLaNdeR - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-08, 19:49)fernandovg Wrote: Amet, what about my log? Did u have the time to check it?
Is a XBMC Subtitle problem or the service.py problem?
thanks

It's fixed Fernando.
Like I told you via email the problem was on the authentication. The site has a 24h download restriction for non-registered users. I didn't knew about that.
The script is now updated on github and with the new login feature. You just have to wait for amet to release or go to github and download yourself Smile

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - fernandovg - 2012-10-12

Thank you and Amet. Awesome job!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - publicENEMY - 2012-10-13

(2012-10-07, 10:21)amet Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 09:31)publicENEMY Wrote: xbmc subtitle crashed xbmc when searching in nightly frodo.

thanks

do not ever come to this tread with the posts like this, its rude and disrespectful.. take it somewhere else please

you have been on these forums long enough and should know better

i dont mean to be rude and disrespectful. sorry.

log

deleted xbmc subtitle and reinstall. still crashes.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - tebicenter - 2012-10-13

I'm getting the same error than publicENEMY when launching plugin. I installed the monthly build, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/darwin/atv2/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_12.0-0~a6_iphoneos-arm.deb on my ATV2 and XBMC crashes

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - twins - 2012-10-14

Hi
I'm using 11.0 on 3 different OS's plus a XBian.
Let's forget the XBian. XBMC subtitles used to work on all 3 systems (W7, OSX, Ubuntu) some months ago. I just can't remember which version......
Everytime it's upgraded it usually gets worse. Now it takes too long to download, too long to extract and either too long or forever to start playing the movie. The advanced settings don't change nothing. Subtitles are not recorded in the same folder as movie (actually they are not recorded anywhere as far as I can see) and it only checks from on site, others have to be checked manually, no matter the advanced settings configuration. Usually I can only download 1 subtitle (download to RAM!!!). If I want to check another subtitle I have to quit xbmc and restart it again. Many times, even if it says it's using a subtitle file, no subs will be appear......
This is really frustrating. XBMC subtitles is one of the most important reasons for me to use XBMC. The way it is since some months, I end up looking for subtitles on a browser, download it and put it in the movie folder and test it (for sync and such....) in vlc. If it works I use vlc to watch the movie. Nowdays I use XBMC only to keep the library updated.

With this in mind, I have 3 questions:
1) How to disable auto-update?
2) Which version was working in 11.0?
3) WTF are you doing to a piece of software that used to work flawlessly?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - amet - 2012-10-14

1. search how to disable auto update
2. Any version works on 11.0
3. Wtf are we doing to a software? I do anything I want to, it's my script... You don't like it? Go bitch somewhere else .. You are welcome to never use it again, send me your details and I'll refund you the money you paid for it.

With this attitude you are likely to not receive any help or advice, so if I was you I would not be posting in this thread again, especially not without Debug Log.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - fernandovg - 2012-10-14

Amet, what I have to do (script or something) so when the player loads it runs something?
I want to make a script to check the "videoplayer.hassubtitles" and if its FALSE, pauses the video and runs xbmc subtitles.
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - twins - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-14, 15:13)amet Wrote: 2. Any version works on 11.0

Oh.... that solved all my problems...... now that I know that the plugin is working great!!!

(2012-10-14, 17:06)twins Wrote:
(2012-10-14, 15:13)amet Wrote: 2. Any version works on 11.0

Oh.... that solved all my problems...... now that I know that the plugin is working great!!!

Glad I could help, feel free to never come back here looking for anything

(2012-10-14, 15:46)fernandovg Wrote: Amet, what I have to do (script or something) so when the player loads it runs something?
I want to make a script to check the "videoplayer.hassubtitles" and if its FALSE, pauses the video and runs xbmc subtitles.
Thanks

It should be easy ... Let me try and do something tomorrow ...

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - fernandovg - 2012-10-14

Thanks!!!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script - Burke - 2012-10-14

Hi amet,

Would it be possible to add fourth language to the script?

I know most people would not have to much of use from that, but I am from same little part of world as you and I could
(and I think not only me) could use forth.

Thing is that there are situations when there are no hr, sr or bs subs in that case i download eng but that means going to settings
and changing one of languages to English.

Pls if it is not to much of trouble add fourth one.

Hvala, SiniĊĦa Smile