What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? (/showthread.php?tid=126652)
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - zag - 2012-03-26 13:12
So now the Eden final has been released, I guess new features can be worked on again.
So what features would people like to see in the next xbmc releases?
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - pike - 2012-03-26 13:14
you asking because you're gonna code them ?
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - zag - 2012-03-26 15:42
I'll start then:
- TVserver integration
- Better new theme explorer (showcase type thing)
- Improvements to large library navigation (index views, out of the box sms remote, instant favourite filters)
- Log file creation button
- XBMC social network
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - amet - 2012-03-26 15:46
yeah right, like that will ever happen
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - zag - 2012-03-26 16:07
I guess with trakt.tv and last.fm features these days its not such a priority. I have movie plays linked to facebook now and always get a few comments from friends about if the movie was any good or not.
I always did think it would be nice to make more of a feedback loop for media though.
Just playing tvshows or movies isn't really what home theatre should be about, it should be more social.
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - KASPERSMITH - 2012-03-26 16:21
A couple of wishes for future releases:
1) Add menu button + submenu directly through the user interface, without having to edit in code.
2) Slingbox add-on.
3) Easy way to costomize icons for programs/add-ons.
4) Easy backup functionality of user settings, etc.
5) Through ATV remote - hold down menu button and return to home screen.
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - ghostelement - 2012-03-26 20:18
XBMC Server integration built in. All media, art, metadata, and settings are stored on a central server. Your client XBMC boxes will all show the same information no matter what because they are all accessing it from the same central point. Things like themes or playlists can be changed on the client boxes, but everything is pretty much synced. When you install an addon on one computer, it will install it on all of the clients. It will ask you if you want to enable that addon for all clients, or just this one you're currently on.
Video calling (using google voice or google hang outs)
PVR functionality built in.
Built in kids mode - Activating this mode would use a dumbed down kids skin. There will be pin code locks on content and settings. You will be able to setup rules as to what content can be played. You can define certain folders as allowed, or setup rules based on content ratings. (Rated G-PG is safe).
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Now if I only could learn to code!
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - DDDamian - 2012-03-26 20:34
Thumbs are being merged to the textures.db after Eden, so that helps.
- a migration tool - simply updates paths in SQLite or MySQL databases to make moving media painless
- AE finally integrated for HD audio & 24-bit playback, upmixing, etc.
- SACD decoding
- binary addons
- named booksmarks for chapters in non-MKV containers (think concerts and set lists)
- addon repos arranged by XBMC version compatibility
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - robweber - 2012-03-26 20:39
While it doesn't hurt to speculate over "dream additions" to XBMC, there are several great features already in the roadmap for the next release that look really good.
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Tight_wad - 2012-03-26 21:14
Here is what I would like to see happen in the next few months.
1) All the skins seem to like to display the ratings and votes, so lets have the ability to refresh any/all movies without effecting the order of the the database (doesn't change the recently added movies).
2) Make the Movie Sets Addon part of XBMC.
3) Get rid of the outdated way using the actors, and make Metadata Actors part of XBMC.
4) Anything that will improve the speed of shared database and shared thumbs