Kodi Community Forum
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? (/showthread.php?tid=126652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - takoi - 2012-05-10

+1 on ordered chapters. Can't believe xbmc doesn't support this yet. Worse than anime that just cut out the into/credits are the 2in1 files that combine different cuts, theatrical and directors cut for instance. Those are basically unplayable in xbmc :\

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - tocinillo - 2012-05-10

integrated webbrowser!

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - simonk83 - 2012-05-11

(2012-03-26, 13:12)zag Wrote: So now the Eden final has been released, I guess new features can be worked on again.

So what features would people like to see in the next xbmc releases?

A Sort option in the left pop out menu for recently added TV Shows (like you can with movies) Smile

I know there's a separate section for that, but you can do it the Movies section, so why not TV as well Wink

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - momm3 - 2012-05-11

(2012-05-02, 12:51)french_chris Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 12:29)stonie2oo4 Wrote: i like to see audio language and subtitle language in database view, and can sort by them.

+1 for this one.
I would love to see these information in the database view.

Indeed...i think 99% of all non.english speakers (like me) would love this feature!

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - outatouch0 - 2012-09-02

(2012-03-26, 20:18)ghostelement Wrote: XBMC Server integration built in. All media, art, metadata, and settings are stored on a central server. Your client XBMC boxes will all show the same information no matter what because they are all accessing it from the same central point. Things like themes or playlists can be changed on the client boxes, but everything is pretty much synced. When you install an addon on one computer, it will install it on all of the clients. It will ask you if you want to enable that addon for all clients, or just this one you're currently on.
LOVE THIS IDEA

(2012-03-26, 20:18)ghostelement Wrote: Built in kids mode - Activating this mode would use a dumbed down kids skin. There will be pin code locks on content and settings. You will be able to setup rules as to what content can be played. You can define certain folders as allowed, or setup rules based on content ratings. (Rated G-PG is safe).

Also a great idea, thus not having to set up diferent shares for what content the kids can see... much greater ease of use.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - sialivi - 2012-09-02

Support for Matroska Audio (.mka)

1) It would be good if .mka could also be added to the list of default audio file extensions since they already play fine in file mode if you add the format to advancedsettings.

2) Matroska Audio files (.mka) can support tags, so it would be great if support for this could be added, so the files can be added to the library. One big benefit of .mka is that you can use it as a container for various multichannel audio formats that doesn't natively support tags, like .dts, .ac3, .mlb and dts wav, without transcoding it to some other format.

3) On a related sidenote: Smart Filters for audio files don't have a rule for filtering on the number of audio channels, which would be very useful for separating stereo and multichannel music.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - outatouch0 - 2012-09-02

I would like to be able to have a clear/clean screen when I pause video as an option. Sometimes I pause in order to get a good look at something. This is impossible with the black borders poping up and the big 'PAUSED' blasted across my screen.
(2012-03-27, 19:11)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: 2) Stored relative paths. I've installed several repositories outside of XBMC's main one. I download the zips to a single directory, fire up XBMC and go to System --> Addons --> Install from zip. And for each one, I have to scroll through selections and sub menus each time for the zip directory.

***What I'd like*** would be System --> Addons --> Install from zip selection then next selection --> install all or some. With 'All' you point to the directory and it installs all the zips in the directory. 'Some' allows you to point to the zips directory then select with one mouse click or using shift or control to make multiple selections --> then okay to install. If that is not possible then at least have XBMC remember where I pointed to for the first zip file so that subsequent Install from zip selections will go back to the same directory/folder of the first time -- instead of clicking through again to drive, directory/subfolder.

+1 that is SO annyoing

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - outatouch0 - 2012-09-03

(2012-03-31, 19:46)isamu.dragon Wrote: I'd like to have Skin options to be saved under
addon_data\SkinName
Example:
Code:
addon_data\skin.aeon.nox
That way when you switch skins (To test out a new skin), you don't loose your config of the skin your normally using.

Nice !!

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - jpsdr - 2012-09-03

Ordered chapters.
(2012-05-10, 16:37)da-anda Wrote: what do you guys mean with "ordered chapters"? Chapter previews and indications in the timeline?

Basicaly, it's when one (ore more) mkv files are linked to others mkv files.
You can for exemple have 3 files, A, B and C, considering C the "master" file.
When play C, you can have the folowing behavior, for exemple, when A and B are opening/ending.
play from C.
then play A
return to C
then play B
retrun to C
File linked can be renamed, it's still working, but have to be in same directory.
Otherwise, any editing/modification/remux of files linked broke the link.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Skank - 2012-09-03

I would like to see:

1. Subtitles working with bdmv and m2ts.. Now sometimes they vanish... You cant even read. Theres a tocket about it since version 9 but no fix
2. Bd playback with menus.

Comments please Smile

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - verysoftpaper - 2013-07-25

Smart Automatic Library Cleanup on scan.
XBMC should not delete Media in case it can't mount the network filesystem where the files should be, or the mount point for the external HDD can't be found.

This is an essencial usability feature that PLEX already has for some time now. This might seem irrelevant for those who like to collect movies, but for those who need to delete movies frequently to free up space, it is a PITA to have to go and clean files manually everytime.

If/when XBMC fixes this, I'm ready to jump ship, until then with PLEX I must stay

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - ejoman3002 - 2013-07-27

well iv been using this program for less then a week but the thing i really wana be able to do is stream to other devices. I can stream to my samsung smart tv right now by right clicking a video file and pressing "play to" but i cant find an option like that on xbmc. shur you can host files and access it from the smart tv but some videos im watching from the apps that stream from online so i cant access them on the tv.
Sry if this is already capable of doing so. if so someone wana point me to it?

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - Ned Scott - 2013-07-27

(2013-07-27, 01:26)ejoman3002 Wrote: well iv been using this program for less then a week but the thing i really wana be able to do is stream to other devices. I can stream to my samsung smart tv right now by right clicking a video file and pressing "play to" but i cant find an option like that on xbmc. shur you can host files and access it from the smart tv but some videos im watching from the apps that stream from online so i cant access them on the tv.

It's coming. There is a "play with" feature in XBMC's development builds (wiki), but so far it's only working with other XBMC targets via UPnP. The plan is for it to eventually work with UPnP/DLNA TVs as well.

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - ejoman3002 - 2013-07-27

(2013-07-27, 03:08)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 01:26)ejoman3002 Wrote: well iv been using this program for less then a week but the thing i really wana be able to do is stream to other devices. I can stream to my samsung smart tv right now by right clicking a video file and pressing "play to" but i cant find an option like that on xbmc. shur you can host files and access it from the smart tv but some videos im watching from the apps that stream from online so i cant access them on the tv.

It's coming. There is a "play with" feature in XBMC's development builds (wiki), but so far it's only working with other XBMC targets via UPnP. The plan is for it to eventually work with UPnP/DLNA TVs as well.

Awesome. thank you. Looking forward to the next build then. Smile

RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - DiMag - 2013-07-30

1. A unified video database. Abolition of the current segmentation based on unitary (movie) or episodic (tvshow) format.

2. A normalized database sub-system. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165929.)

3. Screen nodes to take advantage of sub-levels enabled by this addition. (Practically: collapsible outline mode.)

4. Definition of documentaries and anime as distinct video file types.

5. All text entered into <plot> tags fully searchable.