Kodi Community Forum
Playing around with confluence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Playing around with confluence (/showthread.php?tid=127058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Playing around with confluence - Mudislander - 2012-06-08

Quote:Now to everyone else the "Videos always goes to files" I'm strongly thinking about putting that back in because seems more people use it than first thought or maybe its just the vocal few
Always difficult to tell, I just think of the millions that use XBMC only a small number visit the forums and of those only a few do more than "lurk" so if you have vocal few, I'm sure there's alot more users who would agree with them.

RE: Playing around with confluence - markus625 - 2012-06-08

Really liking the Lite version used in Frodo, is it possible to alter the skin to support PVR builds at all as im using Openelec at the moment and all thru you can just select the blue background its not quite the same.

RE: Playing around with confluence - Jezz_X - 2012-06-08

the main pvr git has the current frodo version in it as well as all the fixes for pvr

RE: Playing around with confluence - markus625 - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 21:30)Jezz_X Wrote: the main pvr git has the current frodo version in it as well as all the fixes for pvr

Cheers Can you give me a link for it github etc.

Or is it possible for me to download a pvr version of the skin and import it into a Openelec PVR build or compile it myself.

RE: Playing around with confluence - Jezz_X - 2012-06-08

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence
though depending on when he last merged it (8 days ago) and how old your pvr build is you probably wont see any background at all if you use it

RE: Playing around with confluence - wilson.joe - 2012-06-09

LOL!! you got a good point, just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done, and adding too many features can confuse people, but at the same time one person is going to complain because something isn't in there and another is going to complain that it is in there.. Maybe at some point one has to say if they don't like it then they should take the time and make their own or modify it too their liking. I for one think you do a wonderful job, not too many features but enough to get the job done with ease and indicators to show how to get from point a to b without having to read a manual an inch thick.

(2012-06-08, 12:25)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 09:29)_matt_ Wrote: I've noticed some funky drop shadows with both of the post-Eden nightlies I've tried (20120519 & 20120604). I don't recall ever seeing this before in XBMC. It's a tiny quirk, but if anyone has any ideas for trouble shooting it, I'd appreciate it. (Graphics card is an Nvidia GT430.)

(2012-05-25, 11:07)Jezz_X Wrote: New view that might make it in

Movies
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9058/screenshot054j.png
TV Shows
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8875/screenshot055s.png
Seasons
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2844/screenshot056e.png
Episodes
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3610/screenshot057i.png
Also want to join the chorus and say those shots look great! I hope that view makes it into XBMC.
The font thing is just not skin related but its due too how XBMC handles font rendering

As for the view sure its nice but its not real different from some of the others and I hate just a piling on features "just because" as when it comes to the day I don't like one people complain when I revert it or take it out Smile

"Just because something can be done, Doesn't mean that it should be done"

Now to everyone else the "Videos always goes to files" I'm strongly thinking about putting that back in because seems more people use it than first thought or maybe its just the vocal few Huh

I tend to mostly goto file mode because I have .tbn files associated with all my playlists
and radio station links which look really nice and its hard to get that effect in library mode
without adding alot more features. My music is organized on my drives in genre folders
for examples with a .tbn for each one of the folders in the folders and a backdrop, and then
theres the podcasts that get downloaded and those don't get scrapped. Just personal taste
I guess.. I enjoy going back and forth depends on my mood.Nod

(2012-06-08, 12:34)Mudislander Wrote:
Quote:Now to everyone else the "Videos always goes to files" I'm strongly thinking about putting that back in because seems more people use it than first thought or maybe its just the vocal few
Always difficult to tell, I just think of the millions that use XBMC only a small number visit the forums and of those only a few do more than "lurk" so if you have vocal few, I'm sure there's alot more users who would agree with them.

RE: Playing around with confluence - markus625 - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-08, 22:29)Jezz_X Wrote: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence
though depending on when he last merged it (8 days ago) and how old your pvr build is you probably wont see any background at all if you use it

You are quite right can not see any background at all and doesnt appear like i can choose one like before.

RE: Playing around with confluence - fl0PPsy - 2012-06-10

If "Videos always goes straight to files" doesnt get added back in then the ability to add FILES as a favourite to the Home screen and hiding the normal Videos option would be a great work around.

RE: Playing around with confluence - Aonoa - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-10, 02:47)fl0PPsy Wrote:

If "Videos always goes straight to files" doesnt get added back in then the ability to add FILES as a favourite to the Home screen and hiding the normal Videos option would be a great work around.

I am using "Videos" mostly to get to my playlists, on occasion also "Files". I wish there was a way to add playlists to the main menu, similar to "TV Shows" and "Movies". :-)

AW: RE: Playing around with confluence - mad-max - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-13, 14:44)Aonoa Wrote: I am using "Videos" mostly to get to my playlists, on occasion also "Files". I wish there was a way to add playlists to the main menu, similar to "TV Shows" and "Movies". :-)

Check Confluence Lite MOD...
There you can add playlists to the home menu and in a few days also to submenus

RE: AW: Playing around with confluence - Aonoa - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-13, 21:43)mad-max Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 14:44)Aonoa Wrote: I am using "Videos" mostly to get to my playlists, on occasion also "Files". I wish there was a way to add playlists to the main menu, similar to "TV Shows" and "Movies". :-)

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't like the other changes made in that skin. I guess I could try to extract the relevant code from the mod and try to apply them to Confluence myself.

RE: AW: Playing around with confluence - wilson.joe - 2012-06-20

what is it your not liking?

(2012-06-20, 17:49)Aonoa Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 21:43)mad-max Wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't like the other changes made in that skin. I guess I could try to extract the relevant code from the mod and try to apply them to Confluence myself.

RE: AW: Playing around with confluence - Mudislander - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 19:10)wilson.joe Wrote: what is it your not liking?

(2012-06-20, 17:49)Aonoa Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 21:43)mad-max Wrote: Check Confluence Lite MOD...

probably the fact I push the boat too far on crazy ideas Big Grin

@Aonoa, would be easier to work with Confluence lite, not our mod. Study and try to understand Home.xml, especially the" fixedlist - 9000" which is your main menu.

RE: Playing around with confluence - Aonoa - 2012-06-21

What I don't like about the mod, I think Mudislander is guessing correctly with "push the boat too far on crazy ideas". :-p

I prefer vanilla Confluence's placement of the main menu, closer to the middle of the screen and having the addon icons below that. I also prefer how vanilla Confluence handles and displays "recently added movies/series". The thing I do like, is the ability to add smart playlists to the main menu.

Thank you for the tip, Mudislander, I will have a look through it when I have some available time and energy. :-)

RE: Playing around with confluence - reven - 2012-06-22

i would love for "Videos always goes to files" to be added back, used it all the time. if i want to get to movies/tv shows i use the submenu, but i personally like "Videos" defaulting to "Files".

also would like to add playlists to the submenu (or add a specific playlist to the submenu, eg i have a "Kids" playlist i would love directly on submenu)