Kodi Community Forum
Networked folders don't update - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Networked folders don't update (/showthread.php?tid=127399)

Pages: 1 2

Networked folders don't update - ayetti - 2012-04-01

I have a bit of an issue with my setup that I can't seem to resolve. I was able to add networked folders from my main PC to my XBMC but now they will not seem to update. I have tried enabling update on startup and manually updating the folders, but no luck. I am using the backrow skin and I am wondering if it is somehow hiding an option I need to access in order to make this work?

Thanks for all your help, I did many searches trying to resolve this but was not able to find a solution.

RE: Networked folders don't update - Sureguy - 2012-04-01

After you added the folders did you set the content type?

RE: Networked folders don't update - ayetti - 2012-04-01

(2012-04-01, 09:15)Sureguy Wrote: After you added the folders did you set the content type?

Do you mean in XBMC or in windows?

RE: Networked folders don't update - kricker - 2012-04-01

In XBMC. After you add a source folder look down in the OSD menu. You should see the option for setting the content.

RE: Networked folders don't update - ayetti - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-01, 23:03)kricker Wrote: In XBMC. After you add a source folder look down in the OSD menu. You should see the option for setting the content.

Thank you very much, I will check that out tonight when I get home. I love XBMC but it was bugging me to no end that I couldn't figure out a way to view my new content.

Thank you again.

RE: Networked folders don't update - ayetti - 2012-04-03

I got home today and tried everything I could, the folders content was already set to movies. I tried removing the folders and then adding them again, but they still only had the movies in them that they had originally. I went through and made sure I had shared the folders correctly through SMB and that all looked good. I am sure I am missing something ridiculously simple, but I am just stumped.

I should also add that XBMC is able to scrape the folders and get the information for the movies that were there originally. I have also tried deleting the network location and then adding it from the SMB option in the add video's menu. I tried to delete the entire SMB section but it wouldn't let me (right click didn't do anything)

RE: Networked folders don't update - DJVege - 2012-04-03

Turn on debug logging, run an updatelibrary, then post the log back here.

Debug Log

Log moved to pastebin.

I can post the whole thing if I need to, just figured this might be what you were looking for?

RE: Networked folders don't update - kricker - 2012-04-03

From looking thru the log it seems like you have some strangely named folders. For example "XVID.MIC.AC3-5.1.HQ.Hive-CM8 - Copy" In your content settings, do you have "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title selected?". Also why is this folder being scanned for videos "smb://ALEX-PC/Utorrent Downloads/Complete Fonts - Honest/"?

(2012-04-03, 16:25)kricker Wrote: From looking thru the log it seems like you have some strangely named folders. For example "XVID.MIC.AC3-5.1.HQ.Hive-CM8 - Copy" In your content settings, do you have "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title selected?". Also why is this folder being scanned for videos "smb://ALEX-PC/Utorrent Downloads/Complete Fonts - Honest/"?

I do have "Movies in separate folders that match name" selected. I will move the fonts torrent, we use torrents to move some of our graphic design stuff. So there is a smattering of that in there.

When I saw that, I figured it must be a fellow designer. Either that or a font nut.

You need to uncheck that option in the content settings if the folders are not truly named the exact title of the movie. And then something in the filename needs to be the exact name of the movie.

(2012-04-03, 18:06)kricker Wrote: When I saw that, I figured it must be a fellow designer. Either that or a font nut.

You need to uncheck that option in the content settings if the folders are not truly named the exact title of the movie. And then something in the filename needs to be the exact name of the movie.

I just tried removing that option and it didn't seem to change anything. It seems to me like what is happening is XBMC is scanning the folders within that folder for changes, but not detecting any new folders within the main utorrent downloads folder. I am guessing I may be able to fix it by sharing the entire hard drive on the other computer. I really think if something changed in one of the folders that contains a movie XBMC would detect it.

It seems like kind of a weird fix though, and I am not entirely sure it would help.

Can you post a sample of your directory structure and show what has changed and not scanned?

If you have scan recursively on in the content settings, it will scan folders within the main folder you set. You need this on if you have folders within folders.

I have tried the rucursive scan setting and it didn't seem to change anything. Basically the directory is just set up as
-utorrentdownloads folder

Code:
-Movies folder
          -movie
          -tracker info
          -sample
          -rar files
    -Movies
          -movie
          -tracker info
          -sample
          -rar files
    -Movies
          -movie
          -tracker info
          -sample
          -rar files

Then anything new that I add doesn't scan.
Edit, sorry it looks like it removes the formatting when I post here, it made more sense the way I had it structured.

I tried adding the entire D drive just now and it didn't seem to recognize any of the folders within that drive, so that doesn't seem like the solution. It seems so strange that it would have scanned the folders correctly the first time but now it won't recognize anything new in there. Does that make any sense? I am sure I am doing something wrong, but can't figure out what.

I edited your post to add the code wrapper to try to get it to show up as you typed it. Move the code wrapper if you need to.

The structure should be:

Code:
Movies\
    MovieName 1\
        MovieName 1.mkv
    MovieName 2\
        MovieName 2.avi
    MovieName 3\
        MovieName 3.mp4

Then the source folder would be "Movies", with scanner set to recursive. If there is only one movie per folder and the folder names are the names of the movie, then use the "Movies in separate folders that match name"