Kodi Community Forum
Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System (/showthread.php?tid=127492)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - drexel75 - 2012-06-10

I followed the guide completely even though i have exp with xbmc on windows and its a godsend. after i got all the parts ordered i had it up and running extremely fast. Now i just have to figure out how to use OPENELEC/Linux and I will be fine. Wish someone would make a guide for getting MakeMkv to work right so i can play blu rays. Ive looked at the guides that are up but i get lost when i enter the following code into the putty terminal:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libc6-dev libssl-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libqt4-dev

the response i get is:
-sh: sudo: not found

Im lost as hell. I have no linux exp whatsoever. I get to the terminal just fine from my windows 7 computer on the network. it logs in and i can go thru the files on openelec but thats about it. I just got a blu ray player for my htpc and i cant get blu rays to work. Is there a way i can access the blu ray drive from a windows computer on the network? Ive tried alot of diff software but no luck. OPENELEC has it as a file and not an ODD when a blu ray is in it. Im running the latest stable release of openelec generic btw. Is there a way i can run a seperate OS without messing up the one i have installed on the 250gb harddrive? Sorry for the million questions but its the only blu ray player i have and im trying to figure out a way to use it lol. Ive scanned several forums on openelec,xbmc and makemkv but not much luck. several threads seem promising but they get into entering code and im new to that. any noob guides on any of this stuff? Help!

[email protected]

BTW this guide is awesome. I wish there were more like it around.

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - eightmm - 2012-06-27

Firstly thanks heaps for the guide.

I got it all setup well. The only drama I had was getting it to recognise (AC3) audio when playing DVD ISO'S

All other files including x264 content worked like a charm.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - drexel75 - 2012-06-27

yeah audio can be a pain in the butt sometimes. hey i know that i had some issues with audio that were solved when i switched to openelec beta 1.95 xbmc eden version. also by making a sound.conf file. there are some posts on openelec forum and in milkmans guide on how to do this. scan the forums also and if that doesnt help then maybe you can convert the ISO's to another format.

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - eightmm - 2012-06-27

Hi drexel75.

Yer I used his sound.conf as I used the same vid card as recommended in the guide. I can get sound though, it's just with my DVD mkv/iso files which I assume uses AC3 format I get the error in XBMC??

I have resorted to installing win7 base OS. Seems to work great. I am now tranferring files over (@>100MB/S Smile and reformatting all drives to NTFS to be read in windows I was using ext2fsd but unable to modify any of SMB shares as write protected (assume it was a s a result of linux/partition and trying to modify over smb using laptop using win 7Huh). Had a 4GB stick of ram sitting around so now up to 6GB too.

Smile

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - farr3ll - 2012-07-01

Thanks MilkMan, solid job bro!

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - Frizbehitman - 2012-07-02

I almost never comment on anything as there's nearly always someone who has said it prior to me......

But my god....that is the whole truth! Awesome guide.

Living the dream.

Thanks Milkman.

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - TMadMac - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-02, 23:10)Frizbehitman Wrote: I almost never comment on anything as there's nearly always someone who has said it prior to me......
But my god....that is the whole truth! Awesome guide.
Living the dream.
Thanks Milkman.

I can't say more.
I have just setup an XBMCbuntu box. But I will redo the job with openelec and your guide.

Thanks buddy !

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - josh_lesly - 2012-08-01

can u please post a video on how to install psuedoTV on apple tv 2. I am having a difficult time trying to follow the guide. Thanks you and i hope u reply back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - GortWillSaveUs - 2012-08-01

(2012-06-10, 19:52)drexel75 Wrote: sudo apt-get install build-essential libc6-dev libssl-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libqt4-dev

the response i get is:
-sh: sudo: not found

It appears that sudo is not in your path.
Take a look at this link since it describes exactly what you're experiencing and it'll probably give better details than I can:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/146869/why-does-sudo-not-add-roots-path-with-ubuntu-12-04

Good Luck!

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - josh_lesly - 2012-08-23

Does this work on apple tv 2? the bumper packs?

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - josh_lesly - 2012-08-25

COME ON SOME1 HELP I DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING AND I JUST GET 10 SECOND CLIPS CAN SOME1 PUT SOME STEPS ON HOW TO DO IT ON XBMC

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - mozes - 2012-08-25

Confused
MY PLAYLISTS ARE INCLUDED WITH THIS PDF
If you would like to use some of them instead of your own, go ahead.
For XBMC on Windows, copy them to:
C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\
For XBMC on OpenELEC, copy them to:
\\OPENELEC\Disk 1\.xbmc\userdata\playlists\video\

WHERE IS THE PLAYLISTS ? I CAN SEE ONLY PDF FILE !?

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - Wolfy ZA - 2012-11-29

Dude I cant download your guide the link is dead I just purely want the guide not the other stuff

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - artrafael - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-29, 11:54)Wolfy ZA Wrote: Dude I cant download your guide the link is dead I just purely want the guide not the other stuff

See link in post #4 above.

RE: Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System - Wolfy ZA - 2012-11-29

Yeah my bad saw that Smile