Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=127670)

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-05-18

the one you´re using is the darkest, that´s why it isn´t shifted for you. the top bar background can be adjusted in top bar customizer.

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - lostwithouthope - 2012-05-18

Hello bignoid and phil65, i wanted to thank you for your great work!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this was already discussed (didn't find it), but are there any plans to support the new artist thumbs from fanart.tv (like if there is one in the artist folder show it instead of the scraped one)?

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Roman_V_M - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 04:25)phil65 Wrote: source flags only show up if you have filenames with source in it, otherwise codec will show up.

I understand, but IMO a choice option would be better. Personally, I like the flag set from 2.0 more.

Also, as far as I can tell, GUI string "Floor label" is used inconsistently. In "CD/DVD boxes" and "Showcase" it indeed means "floor label" but in "Info Wall" it is used for a title in the top right corner which is not exactly "floor".

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Rishi - 2012-05-18

This is possibly a very stupid question, but can I install this using the standard 'install from zip' instead of going through the upgrade route?

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - gmathews - 2012-05-18

Good day

Does Aeon Nox have a widget for whenever music is playing to display the scrolling lyrics on the side of the screen instead of always going to the Music OSD and clicking on Lyrics from the top bar menu whenever I want to view lyrics? Please advise.

(2012-05-18, 11:44)gmathews Wrote: Good day

Does Aeon Nox have a widget for whenever music is playing to display the scrolling lyrics on the side of the screen instead of always going to the Music OSD and clicking on Lyrics from the top bar menu whenever I want to view lyrics? Please advise.

no, it doesn´t (not even sure if that´s possible)
(2012-05-18, 11:38)Rishi Wrote: This is possibly a very stupid question, but can I install this using the standard 'install from zip' instead of going through the upgrade route?

why?

(2012-05-18, 11:03)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-18, 04:25)phil65 Wrote: source flags only show up if you have filenames with source in it, otherwise codec will show up.

I understand, but IMO a choice option would be better. Personally, I like the flag set from 2.0 more.

Also, as far as I can tell, GUI string "Floor label" is used inconsistently. In "CD/DVD boxes" and "Showcase" it indeed means "floor label" but in "Info Wall" it is used for a title in the top right corner which is not exactly "floor".

no, not worth an option.
thx for the second one, will be fixed.

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Rishi - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 11:38)Rishi Wrote: This is possibly a very stupid question, but can I install this using the standard 'install from zip' instead of going through the upgrade route?

why?

I can't seem to find the skin folder. I type in the IP address of my OpenElec system on my windows system and log in but I can't find the skin folder inside the addons folder. Tongue

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - efty.edge - 2012-05-18

Hi Phil65.

First i would also to thank you so much for the time you spent to write this skin. It's awesome.

I use it on a MacMini (Late 2010) with Lion, all it's updates and the official XBMC Eden with NOX 3.0 RC. My movie collection rest on a QNAP NAS and can be used via SMB protocol.Your skin does everything it should and even more ..., but i noticed following.

Bevor NOX 3.0 RC i used 2.0 and the scrolling through all of my libraries was smooth, under 3.0 maybe 20 entries where smooth then the scrolling stutters. Also the startup of XBMC takes longer. After the Eden Logo a spinning wheel appears for 5 to 10 seconds. Is this normal!? By the way - i use the same add ons, backgrounds, extrafanart, logos, etc. as under 2.0. When i disable all of them the scroll problem still exists.

Can you please give me an advice to reset the settings of your skins without resetting my libraries. Maybe it is an update error from 2.0 to 3.0.

Thx in advance.
Efty

(2012-05-18, 12:16)efty.edge Wrote: Hi Phil65.

First i would also to thank you so much for the time you spent to write this skin. It's awesome.

I use it on a MacMini (Late 2010) with Lion, all it's updates and the official XBMC Eden with NOX 3.0 RC. My movie collection rest on a QNAP NAS and can be used via SMB protocol.Your skin does everything it should and even more ..., but i noticed following.

Bevor NOX 3.0 RC i used 2.0 and the scrolling through all of my libraries was smooth, under 3.0 maybe 20 entries where smooth then the scrolling stutters. Also the startup of XBMC takes longer. After the Eden Logo a spinning wheel appears for 5 to 10 seconds. Is this normal!? By the way - i use the same add ons, backgrounds, extrafanart, logos, etc. as under 2.0. When i disable all of them the scroll problem still exists.

Can you please give me an advice to reset the settings of your skins without resetting my libraries. Maybe it is an update error from 2.0 to 3.0.

Thx in advance.
Efty

the deleayed startup is known and wanted.
concerning your performance issues: which viewtypes are you taklin about? everything runnin smooth here.
concering the reset: delete/rename your guisetttings.xml in userdata folder.
(2012-05-18, 12:16)Rishi Wrote:

why?

I can't seem to find the skin folder. I type in the IP address of my OpenElec system on my windows system and log in but I can't find the skin folder inside the addons folder. Tongue

look in .xbmc/addons (.xbmc is hidden probably)

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Eisi2005 - 2012-05-18

@BN & phil

i don´t read the last pages and i don´t know if this is a bug or only at my installation.

I take a custom home menu and select a video playlist. At widget i choose Latest Movies (VPL) classic. Now in the widget i see not the 3 covers but the fanart. Then i select as widget Latest Movies classic and now i see the 3 covers in the widget. Switching back to widget Latest Movies (VPL) i also now see the 3 covers. I don´t know if this is a bug to select first Standard Latest Movies.

Greets
Eisi

(2012-05-18, 13:06)Eisi2005 Wrote: @BN & phil

i don´t read the last pages and i don´t know if this is a bug or only at my installation.

I take a custom home menu and select a video playlist. At widget i choose Latest Movies (VPL) classic. Now in the widget i see not the 3 covers but the fanart. Then i select as widget Latest Movies classic and now i see the 3 covers in the widget. Switching back to widget Latest Movies (VPL) i also now see the 3 covers. I don´t know if this is a bug to select first Standard Latest Movies.

Greets
Eisi

it depends on the background whether 3 covers are shown (if bg contains the fanart, it isn´t shown in the widget)

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - henrikyo - 2012-05-18

I scanned my tv shows some time ago, now i have downloaded logo.png with artwork downloader addon.

However, my tv shows doesnt show the logo (low list mode)

I have tried removing the source and scanning all over again, but it doesnt do anything, is there som cache i have to delete?

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Deano316 - 2012-05-18

Me again Confused Just tried out Landscape with logo in Movies (awesome view by the way) and noticed in the build I have (passion) the tagline Under the logo doesn't scroll. Could you move the text up slightly to accommodate more underneath or enable scrolling? I'm guessing scrolling up would be more in keeping with movies? Was also thinking that maybe for 4.0, add the option to display one logo at a time in this view. Would make it like an interactive poster.

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-17, 16:34)Deano316 Wrote: Hi guys did post about a week ago but thought I'd ask again:

(2012-05-11, 14:13)Deano316 Wrote: - Is it possible to have a season logo?

- I have one particular show which has episodes in individual folders, with dedicated fanart per episode:
Show > SeasonX > sXeX > fanart. Displayed fine in 2.0 but can't get it to display in 3.0. I know that episode posters only worked with some coding, but is there a quick fix or a naming convention to reinstate the fanart?

-With movies that are linked to tv shows, when you go to 'all seasons' (in episode view) and scroll down the show logo will be displayed above the poster but when you get to the movie no logo appears. Any way to fix this?

-Would it be possible to have a smaller icon widget with two or three spaces on it?

I don't like to bug you guys, I know you're busy trying to finalise 3.0. Don't know if you've had a chance to check out the Bonus Features thread? Kudos should go to you two, I've just used the tools you provided. Not bad considering there's no coding involved, I think I've pretty much reached the limit without altering any. Don't know if you have any suggestions for improvements? It's your skin after all Wink

(2012-05-18, 16:33)Deano316 Wrote: Me again Confused Just tried out Landscape with logo in Movies (awesome view by the way) and noticed in the build I have (passion) the tagline Under the logo doesn't scroll. Could you move the text up slightly to accommodate more underneath or enable scrolling? I'm guessing scrolling up would be more in keeping with movies? Was also thinking that maybe for 4.0, add the option to display one logo at a time in this view. Would make it like an interactive poster.
Season fanart is now in the root of the tv show folder and should be named seasonX-fanart.jpg.
Will look at the logo in linked tvshows.
Those other two things probably not going to happen for 3.0.0
The tagline scrolling will be fixed.