Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=127670)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-04-19

Also added a 2nd Icon Panel now. Should be enough.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - ximon - 2012-04-19

Long time user (and massive fan) of Aeon nox, just testing the WIP version now and liking what I am seeing. The new menu customization options are huge! Seems really fast and smooth too…

I know it's a WIP and nowhere near finished (so please don't hit me!), but I wanted to share a couple of requests:

- I would love to see an option to use the 'original' nox font for the main menu (Ubuntu Sans?), I am not personally a fan of the old Aeon font.
- A shortcut to the main menu options from the shutdown menu à la 2.0 would be very useful (maybe already planned?)
- An option to hide the tooltip on the left for the sake of tidiness (at the expense of WAF)

My only negative feedback, and again only my opinion, would be that I find the 3.0 episodes view inferior to the 2.0 version. I can't quite put my finger on why, maybe because it seems shifted a bit too far to the right?

Otherwise loving it and looking forward to the official release!

(2012-04-19, 15:53)ximon Wrote: Long time user (and massive fan) of Aeon nox, just testing the WIP version now and liking what I am seeing. The new menu customization options are huge! Seems really fast and smooth too…

I know it's a WIP and nowhere near finished (so please don't hit me!), but I wanted to share a couple of requests:

- I would love to see an option to use the 'original' nox font for the main menu (Ubuntu Sans?), I am not personally a fan of the old Aeon font.
- A shortcut to the main menu options from the shutdown menu à la 2.0 would be very useful (maybe already planned?)
- An option to hide the tooltip on the left for the sake of tidiness (at the expense of WAF)

My only negative feedback, and again only my opinion, would be that I find the 3.0 episodes view inferior to the 2.0 version. I can't quite put my finger on why, maybe because it seems shifted a bit too far to the right?

Otherwise loving it and looking forward to the official release!

1) the only font i could imagine would be roboto condensed bold. most other fonts do not fit imo.
2) probably not, one of main aims was to remove cluttering and not having that much buttons visible at once. you can add a shortcut to a icon panel for example if you want quick access.
3) also not too sure about that one, i think that the vast majority will find it very useful. it´s only a few lines to remove from code though, so easy to do that yourself.
4) yes, seems as if we cannot satisfy everyone´s wishes with episode view. try background 2, that´s why it was shifted. it´s much more of a fanart view now.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - smush420 - 2012-04-19

Are the video playlist and favourite options working for custom selections yet? When I go to select a playlist nothing shows up even though I definitely have some created, whereas when selecting favourite as an option nothing happens at all, no menu prompts me to select a favourite...

Sorry if this has been mentioned, tried searching but couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanks and love the direction of the skin!

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Devaron - 2012-04-19

Hi there. First of all i'd like to say that i love the skin and appreciate all the work you guys put in this to make it better and better every time!

I got one question/remark regarding 3.0 though. In 2.0 the trailer "button" (in movie view ofc) is at the top of the screen and you can watch a trailer by selecting a movie and then pressing up and then left (if i'm not mistaken). In 3.0 however, the button is hidden in the menu on the side of the screen. So if i want to watch a trailer i'd have to open up that menu and then click the trailer.

However, and please tell me if you think i'm wrong Wink , the whole purpose of that menu is to adjust the current view settings and things like that. It's for configuration, while the trailer is in a way a part of the whole "Media PC experience". It doesn't feel right (to me) that when browsing the movies, if i want to watch a trailer of a movie i have to open up the "configuration menu" first.

I know 3.0 is a WIP, i'm just wondering if this will change back to the way it was handled in 2.0 and if there are others out there who share my take on this.

Again, this is my view and in no way do i intend to offend anyone working on this great skin (or XBMC for that matter) Angel

Re: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Martijn - 2012-04-19

I kind of agree. How do you supposed to play a trailer straight from a view if you have kiosk mode to hide the media menu (except from pulling up the info window and then scroll to play trailer)?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-04-19

Imo it's much more intuitive this way. That section is not for settings actually. That part has been moved to the viewtype settings. All buttons that are initially visible (minus the viewtype settings button) are part of the 'XBMC Media experience'. Having a trailer button there is a perfect match.
(2012-04-19, 19:11)Martijn Wrote: I kind of agree. How do you supposed to play a trailer straight from a view if you have kiosk mode to hide the media menu (except from pulling up the info window and then scroll to play trailer)?
We have two kinds of kiosk modes. I believe if you have the kiosk mode enabled that hides the media menu you just have to accept that the trailers are only available in the info window, like it is in the default skin. After all, that functionality is still a hack and the trailer button in video info is superior to the way we handle trailers in library, because the one in video info can play locally stored trailers without having them scanned in the library.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Eisi2005 - 2012-04-19

Hi,

is there any chance to become a option to put the "standard" submenu to custom submenu ? Or how could i get the same effect like Genre or newest in custom submenu ?

Greets
Eisi

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - explodedk - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-19, 18:27)smush420 Wrote: Are the video playlist and favourite options working for custom selections yet? When I go to select a playlist nothing shows up even though I definitely have some created, whereas when selecting favourite as an option nothing happens at all, no menu prompts me to select a favourite...

Sorry if this has been mentioned, tried searching but couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanks and love the direction of the skin!

im not sure about the video playlist, but favourite is working, you will need the script.favourite from passion repo...

Rom Collection Browser support coming up - BigNoid - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-19, 19:12)Big_Noid Wrote: Imo it's much more intuitive this way. That section is not for settings actually. That part has been moved to the viewtype settings. All buttons that are initially visible (minus the viewtype settings button) are part of the 'XBMC Media experience'. Having a trailer button there is a perfect match.
(2012-04-19, 19:11)Martijn Wrote: I kind of agree. How do you supposed to play a trailer straight from a view if you have kiosk mode to hide the media menu (except from pulling up the info window and then scroll to play trailer)?
We have two kinds of kiosk modes. I believe if you have the kiosk mode enabled that hides the media menu you just have to accept that the trailers are only available in the info window, like it is in the default skin. After all, that functionality is still a hack and the trailer button in video info is superior to the way we handle trailers in library, because the one in video info can play locally stored trailers without having them scanned in the library.

100% agreed. the amount of clicks needed to start a trailer does not change if we get it to always focus on trailer button directly.
i never understood this whole "i need a trailer instantly"-navigation anyway....
the way we handled the trailer stuff before was very unintuitive because of the hidden buttons, you didn´t have a clue where the focus was when lookin at the screen.
and concerning kiosk mode: it wouldn´t be too hard to make it automatically start the trailer if people navigate to media menu when using kiosk mode. don´t know if that´s needed.
(2012-04-19, 20:21)Eisi2005 Wrote: Hi,

is there any chance to become a option to put the "standard" submenu to custom submenu ? Or how could i get the same effect like Genre or newest in custom submenu ?

Greets
Eisi

by using custom and the appropriate activatewindow() command. (look in wiki)

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - bigbodiehard - 2012-04-19

How do I get episode label from List view to Low list View by that I mean I don't want it to display the 2x03 just the episode number and name.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-04-19

unless you want to hack xmls its better to set flatten tvshows to 'only if one season'.

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - bigbodiehard - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-19, 22:16)Big_Noid Wrote: unless you want to hack xmls its better to set flatten tvshows to 'only if one season'.

I don't mind hacking xml what line of code should I look out for?

RE: [WIP] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Eisi2005 - 2012-04-19

@Phil

Thanks for the tip.

Greets
Eisi