Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=127670)

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - johnjohn1981 - 2012-05-09

good evening,

When i am in say tv shows or movies and i want press up or left ( dependant on the view) how does one go about removing the trigger icon i.e. the little icon on the left which tells you which way to press.

Regards john

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 21:27)johnjohn1981 Wrote: good evening,

When i am in say tv shows or movies and i want press up or left ( dependant on the view) how does one go about removing the trigger icon i.e. the little icon on the left which tells you which way to press.

Regards john

answer is some pages back.... Rolleyes

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Roman_V_M - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 19:03)phil65 Wrote: I´m still waitiing for explanation for your "hidden-options" thesis.

I think It's quite obvious: in 2.0 "Skin Settings" we had various options conveniently grouped in 7 sections, so a user knew where to look if they wanted to change one option or another. Now we have only 3 sections, and the majority of options distributed and buried deeply in menus throughout the skin (some of them even removed) so that now even an experienced Aeon-Nox user like myself does not know where to look and is not sure that some options even still exist, not to mention noobs who'd want to try 3.0. IMO now it is quite counter-intuitive.

I don't know, maybe I'm totally wrong that I've expected more user experience continuity between versions, and if I had started using Aeon-Nox from 3.0 my opinion would have been different.

(2012-05-09, 21:26)ferent Wrote: In Music - Artist info, there is Filmografy. Is that and error.
Here you can see (the las word solaping the text:

EDIT: yes, intended. part of actors script.
(2012-05-09, 21:32)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 19:03)phil65 Wrote: I´m still waitiing for explanation for your "hidden-options" thesis.

I think It's quite obvious: in 2.0 "Skin Settings" we had various options conveniently grouped in 7 sections, so a user knew where to look if they wanted to change one option or another. Now we have only 3 sections, and the majority of options distributed and buried deeply in menus throughout the skin (some of them even removed) so that now even an experienced Aeon-Nox user like myself does not know where to look and is not sure that some options even still exist, not to mention noobs who'd want to try 3.0. IMO now it is quite counter-intuitive.

I don't know, maybe I'm totally wrong that I've expected more user experience continuity between versions, and if I had started using Aeon-Nox from 3.0 my opinion would have been different.

all aeon versions were very bad in terms of user friendliness. just putting x radio buttons into lists (where only the experienced users know which button toggles what) is not what i call user friendliness.
i mean. really. look at mq3 settings pages. that´s laughable. noone wants to se tup something like that.
in addition we had x radiobuttons which toggle each other which are now replaced by simple togglebuttons with 3/4 or more states, which makes settings layout much cleaner + we have zero scrollbars anymore in skin settings/dialogs.
i only removed a handful of options, all other are either in the media menu or in the customizer with the effect that you can preview almost every single setting now.
that´s what i call intuitive and i think the majority will agree. we´ll see the feedback when it hits repo who is right in that aspect.
just because it´s different doesn´t mean it´s worse. people are just afraid of change.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 21:26)ferent Wrote: In Music - Artist info, there is Filmografy. Is that and error.
wow those translations of 'Get thumb' and 'get fanart' are way too long for buttons. Those are probably too long for VideoInfo screen also, even in the default skin (Confluence)?

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Roman_V_M - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 19:03)phil65 Wrote: if absolutely dislike it you can still remove line 8 from home.xml

[code] <onload>AlarmClock(WidgetMove,Control.Move(8000,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>

BTW: what should I expect? I haven't seen any difference.

PS. More correctly, the left panel (featured) in "Mixed" widget stopped rotating, but this is not what I've expected.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Rastan - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 20:40)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 20:33)Snippo Wrote: I'm using the skin in combination with xbmc-pvr. The skin looks great but I noticed a bug in the Live TV section:
opening the EPG section from the side menu will cause the TV/radio channel section to look like the recording section. Going back to the main menu and then entering Live TV again fixes it.
I also noticed that there are no channel numbers. I guess this is intentional but personally I prefer having channel numbers.

pvr section is a bit buggy atm, will be looked at. if you want us to remember your bug report, post it on github issues page.
(2012-05-09, 20:27)Rastan Wrote: Hi again,

Just wondered if anyone is having trouble with their music artist fanart. I have mine set up the following

Artists ----> Artist Name ---> extrafanart

Before updating they were all working fine. Now it seems only some work and to get the others working I have to manually direct each artist individually to the fanart jpg.

Everything was working properly before when using an earlier version of Nox 3.0

...Just to clarify, it previously worked by dropping a fanart downloaded from the internet into the appropriate folder and the skin would automatically pick it up. Now it seems it does not.

we´re workin on the background part atm, so possible that bugs occure atm.
where do they not display?

When you go to... Music ---> Artist ---> Then browse the artists (I am using Low list View) All my custom logos are there. But the background/Fanart image isnt showing.

A picture says 1000 words....

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - BigNoid - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 21:32)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 21:32)Roman_V_M Wrote:

all aeon versions were very bad in terms of user friendliness. just putting x radio buttons into lists (where only the experienced users know which button toggles what) is not what i call user friendliness.
i mean. really. look at mq3 settings pages. that´s laughable. noone wants to se tup something like that.
in addition we had x radiobuttons which toggle each other which are now replaced by simple togglebuttons with 3/4 or more states, which makes settings layout much cleaner + we have zero scrollbars anymore in skin settings/dialogs.
i only removed a handful of options, all other are either in the media menu or in the customizer with the effect that you can preview almost every single setting now.
that´s what i call intuitive and i think the majority will agree. we´ll see the feedback when it hits repo who is right in that aspect.
just because it´s different doesn´t mean it´s worse. people are just afraid of change.

I can agree that it can be quite confusing when coming from version 2.0.0. Nothing is in the same place anymore. After a while using it though it gets better Smile
And for newcomers its probably easier to learn.

(2012-05-09, 21:42)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 19:03)phil65 Wrote: if absolutely dislike it you can still remove line 8 from home.xml

Code:
    <onload>AlarmClock(WidgetMove,Control.Move(8000,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>

BTW: what should I expect? I haven't seen any difference.

PS. More correctly, the left panel (featured) in "Mixed" widget stopped rotating, but this is not what I've expected.
these are the lines too remove for mixed widget delete the line for which you dont want rotation:

Code:
<onload>AlarmClock(HomeTileLeft,Control.Move(5001,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(HomeTileRight,Control.Move(5003,1),00:10,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(HomeTileMid,Control.Move(5002,1),00:15,silent,loop)</onload>

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Snippo - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 20:40)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 20:33)Snippo Wrote: I'm using the skin in combination with xbmc-pvr. The skin looks great but I noticed a bug in the Live TV section:
opening the EPG section from the side menu will cause the TV/radio channel section to look like the recording section. Going back to the main menu and then entering Live TV again fixes it.
I also noticed that there are no channel numbers. I guess this is intentional but personally I prefer having channel numbers.

pvr section is a bit buggy atm, will be looked at. if you want us to remember your bug report, post it on github issues page.

Thanks. What about the channel numbers? Is this also a bug? (I noticed that the OSD channel list does have channel numbers)
Also found that xbmc crashes sometimes when the EPG is opened. I'll make a bug report on Github later.
Edit: I see that bug is already reported.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - ferent - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 21:41)Big_Noid Wrote:
wow those translations of 'Get thumb' and 'get fanart' are way too long for buttons. Those are probably too long for VideoInfo screen also, even in the default skin (Confluence)?

I think there is no other way to translate this in spanish... Undecided

(2012-05-09, 23:11)ferent Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 21:41)Big_Noid Wrote:

I think there is no other way to translate this in spanish... Undecided

just remove "descargar" for example.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - kautious - 2012-05-09

Hello!
Love the new additions to a already wonderful skin. I just have one problem.
Most of my views like Showcase, DVD Case ,Landscape, even shift view you cant see the title of the movie or media flags!
Its just the shadow or outline where its supposed to be. Here's what I see......

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - ady199 - 2012-05-09

Fantastic looking skin - does anyone know, how it performs on the ATV 2??

Thanks in advance

(2012-05-09, 23:39)kautious Wrote: Hello!
Love the new additions to a already wonderful skin. I just have one problem.
Most of my views like Showcase, DVD Case ,Landscape, even shift view you cant see the title of the movie or media flags!
Its just the shadow or outline where its supposed to be. Here's what I see......

change color theme in appearance settings.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - crimsonfury - 2012-05-10

(2012-05-09, 15:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 15:19)coendeurloo Wrote: Will enabling kiosk mode improve performance? Sicne it won't have to load all viewtypes etc?

kiosk mode won´t. performance can be improved by disabling extra media (logo.png, extrafanart etc) and by deactivating viewtypes.

Also running off of a SolidState Drive! At least that is what I am purchasing soon and I look forward to booting XBMC up and into a show or movie in a matter of a few seconds or less!