Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=127670)

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - francovilar - 2012-05-13

It's possible to put kiosk mode as it was 2.0 or early 3.0? I need an option to disable the menu in the left but leave the options in the info menu. Maybe a fourth option in the skin section? thank you.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-05-13

(2012-05-13, 05:56)francovilar Wrote: It's possible to put kiosk mode as it was 2.0 or early 3.0? I need an option to disable the menu in the left but leave the options in the info menu. Maybe a fourth option in the skin section? thank you.

no, sorry. you´ll have to mod that yourself . we cannot fulfill every user specific wish, our decision was that the actual 2 kiosk mode types are enough.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - deh2k7 - 2012-05-13

(2012-05-12, 21:40)rolapinou Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 20:52)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 14:03)phil65 Wrote:

i wonder how often i have to quote myself....

Sorry, as English in not my mother tongue, sometimes I have trouble in understanding.
I though you were talking about radioboxes that I accessed while pressing the m button.
Does the artist slideshow plugin settings you're talking about are the fallowing ones ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tried checking all the radio-buttons and it does give a better result.

I set a fallback folder

It doesn't help.

Thanks for your patience mate

I had this problem too. I restarted XBMC after making the change to artist slideshow settings and it started working - it did not work until after a restart.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - mikkelnl - 2012-05-13

(2012-05-13, 03:32)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 23:27)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 23:15)Big_Noid Wrote: This is already possible with the randomandlastitems script from passion repo. After installation new widgets will pop up for custom menu items.
Edit: Got the script running, and the new widgets are there! However, now I seem to have the same issue as the person before: the widget remains empty...... The VPL does have episodes in it, but the Latest Episode VPL widget shows nothing...

And I get a popup error saying randomandlastitem.py failed.

I guess I'm doing something wrong here Smile

you´re probably not using the latest GIT version. i think i fixed almost every bug concerning custom items yesterday.
You were right, I got an update for the skin via Passion repo this morning, and the widget works now!

Only thing I cant figure out: use backgrounds from the shown series, you mentioned a 'widget background' option?

(2012-05-12, 23:47)Big_Noid Wrote: Debug log will tell whats wrong and if its something we can fix in the skin.
Only error I get now when booting the skin is an error occured with randomitems.py...

Here is part of the logfile, maybe you can find something wrong with it?
Code:
09:50:56 T:140435011917568   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 389, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 80, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_album_info()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.randomitems/RandomItems.py", line 257, in _fetch_album_info
                                                path = 'XBMC.RunScript(' + __addonid__ + ',albumid=' + str(item['albumid']) + ')'
                                            KeyError: ('albumid',)
09:50:56 T:140435011917568    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - Mat99 - 2012-05-13

2 bugs ?
- can't activate Comics menu
-no more "new" tag displayed

(2012-05-13, 13:37)Mat99 Wrote: 2 bugs ?
- can't activate Comics menu
-no more "new" tag displayed

1) fixed
2) workin here.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - ReducedToZero - 2012-05-13

Hi Guys,

At some point in the last 24 hours I seem to have gained a main (Home) menu item for 'Music Videos' which doesn't appear in the Customisation settings screen and so can't be disabled, have a background set etc.

Bug?

(2012-05-13, 15:31)ReducedToZero Wrote: Hi Guys,

At some point in the last 24 hours I seem to have gained a main (Home) menu item for 'Music Videos' which doesn't appear in the Customisation settings screen and so can't be disabled, have a background set etc.

Bug?

thx. fixed.

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - ClayM - 2012-05-13

I tried running this on on my zbox hd1-id40 and boy howdy is it slow.

Anything I can do to speed things up?

(2012-05-13, 16:24)ClayM Wrote: I tried running this on on my zbox hd1-id40 and boy howdy is it slow.

Anything I can do to speed things up?

no extra media (poster.jpg,logo.png etc) no cdwall, less viewtypes, no background animation.
would be nice if you could compare 2.0 against 3.0 in terms of performance (cannot feel any difference)

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - {{INX}} - 2012-05-13

I have now been using this skin for most of this week and it is without a doubt my favourite, so thank you for your great work so far.

I have two small issues that I am hoping you can help with.

1. I used to use the Aeon MQ3 skin and really liked that way that it not only showed DVD & Bluray cases but it also showed 3D cases. Is this something that I could get working on this skin easily?

2. When a film starts the subtitles are activated, so I press 'm' and got into audio & subtitle settings, turn the subtitles off and click to save as default. If later i play the same film or a different one, the subtitles are back on.

Thanks in advance

RE: [BETA] Aeon Nox 3.0 - blondin000 - 2012-05-13

Hello phil65 it's possible to show cdart of movie when press info in movies.
Thanks.

(2012-05-13, 18:18)blondin000 Wrote: Hello phil65 it's possible to show cdart of movie when press info in movies.
Thanks.

no, not for 3.0. no additions anymore.

(2012-05-13, 18:16){{INX}} Wrote: I have now been using this skin for most of this week and it is without a doubt my favourite, so thank you for your great work so far.

I have two small issues that I am hoping you can help with.

1. I used to use the Aeon MQ3 skin and really liked that way that it not only showed DVD & Bluray cases but it also showed 3D cases. Is this something that I could get working on this skin easily?

2. When a film starts the subtitles are activated, so I press 'm' and got into audio & subtitle settings, turn the subtitles off and click to save as default. If later i play the same film or a different one, the subtitles are back on.

Thanks in advance

1) won´t be implemented, sorry. how easy it is depends on viewtype etc. but it´s not a one-liner.
2) not a skin issue. perhaps no writing access to guisettings.xml or something like that? (searching debug log could help)

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0 - phil65 - 2012-05-13

(2012-04-04, 00:34)phil65 Wrote: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0

Things are getting final......
NO NEW FEATURES anymore,
and if you still find bugs., report them, please.
the only one we know of at this moment is the PVR EPG bug, i hope to be able to solve that in the next days (not sure if i get that done without help from PVR devs)

For all translators:

here is a link to the reference file (FINAL):
https://raw.github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/master/language/English/strings.xml

skin download (GIT)
git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git

and for the non-git users:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master
download, extract and rename the folder to skin.aeon.nox. delete old skin folder in addons/ and move the new folder there.

all feedback is welcome.