Kodi Community Forum
Improved UPnP serving and client - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: GSoC (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=299)
+----- Forum: GSoC 2012 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=161)
+----- Thread: Improved UPnP serving and client (/showthread.php?tid=127949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - sialivi - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-15, 19:41)bubbleguuum Wrote: I've workarounded this issue in the new v0.6.3 of the server that I released today, so you should not get this error anymore

Much appreciated, works great now Smile

@alcoheca
I found some some new issues:
1) If you navigate to "Video Library / Playlists / <any playlist> /" on a UPnP client, the poster images don't show. Log File
2) Offline media (media stubs) are listed in the library. There are two problems with this:
- If you're browsing the XBMC library on a UPnP client which is also the UPnP Renderer, offline media is obviously unplayable.
- If you're browsing the XBMC library on a UPnP client, but are using XBMC as the UPnP Renderer; trying to play offline media doesn't bring up the normal "insert media" dialog box in XBMC.

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - edrikk - 2012-11-16

(2012-10-30, 11:01)alcoheca Wrote: .......
The watched status is a whole other kettle of fish. I have some ideas and am working on an implementation which works for both xbmc and other clients.

Hi,

Again, for tracking purposes, I have opened Trac Ticket 13565 to track the watched status not updated when viewing via DLNA/UPnP issue.

Thanks a lot for everything you've done Alcoheca! Smile

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - steve1977 - 2012-11-18

Thanks again for this initiative and development. It appears to be the most-wanted initiative and may solve at one point two of the most requested features: a better solution replacing the mysql centralized database and a server/client structure, which may eventually allow streaming to ios devices away from home.

I understand that transcoding is not implemented at this stage, but was curious what functionality is already working?

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - edrikk - 2012-11-28

Hi Alcoheca,

I am aligned on your feedback / target on ticket 13526 in the trac (unsupported files showing on client).
Would you be able to give any update on ticket 13565 by chance (watched status)? This would be a really key item to squash, and I do seem to see it in your PR list...

Keep up the awesome work! Big Grin

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - jgabor - 2012-12-06

(2012-11-28, 04:40)edrikk Wrote: Hi Alcoheca,

I am aligned on your feedback / target on ticket 13526 in the trac (unsupported files showing on client).
Would you be able to give any update on ticket 13565 by chance (watched status)? This would be a really key item to squash, and I do seem to see it in your PR list...

Keep up the awesome work! Big Grin

Really looking forward to watched status-syncing. It's the final piece of the puzzle for me... I've been battling with a MySQL-setup and crazy smb-shares that just refuses to work and UPnP sharing would solve all my problems with one swift strike. Smile

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - edrikk - 2012-12-07

Alcoheca, any sense / update on this one by chance?
Asking as I can see Beta 3 is right around the corner....

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - pierrejean75 - 2012-12-11

Fantastic !!! XBMC is SONOS compatible
So all my SONOS audio devices can now be served by XBMC
Next step I dream........ : 2 versions of XBMC (as PLEX have done)

one "XBMC server" which could be installed on a Nas like SYNOLOGY or a computer and which could contains the database and the UPnP server services

and

one "XBMC client" to be used with computers and tabletts on windows or mac or linux or android.... and with connected TV or audio devices likes SONOS or Logitech audio products

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - rterblanche - 2012-12-11

I am having funny issues with browsing the TV Series list with my Samsung TV. It doesn't show any TV series
names or just show the selected one. Is this still a known issue ?

Recently added Movies and TV work very nice.

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - alcoheca - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-11, 14:05)rterblanche Wrote: I am having funny issues with browsing the TV Series list with my Samsung TV. It doesn't show any TV series
names or just show the selected one. Is this still a known issue ?

Not a known issue, what does "just show the selected one" mean? Any chance of recording and posting a video somewhere?

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - da-anda - 2012-12-11

Having an LG TV now and it doesn't show any artwork (besides of the XBMC icon for the client) - so no cover art for music or posters for movies. Using bubbleUPNP as man in the middle TV is showing everything nicely. Just as FYI.

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - edrikk - 2012-12-11

Hi Alcoheca,

With RC1 being prepped (based on trac check-ins) would you be able to share which fixes you're aiming to put in prior to launch?
I personally think (this is truly IMHO only) the watched-status item is most important... But again, that's IMHO.

Thanks!

Re: RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - Martijn - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-11, 20:25)edrikk Wrote: Hi Alcoheca,

With RC1 being prepped (based on trac check-ins) would you be able to share which fixes you're aiming to put in prior to launch?
I personally think (this is truly IMHO only) the watched-status item is most important... But again, that's IMHO.

Thanks!

That won't be added

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - Memphiz - 2012-12-11

Now think of what "Release Candidate" means ... Smile

RE: Improved UPnP serving and client - edrikk - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-11, 20:33)Memphiz Wrote: Now think of what "Release Candidate" means ... Smile

That's a shame, but for sure, it depends on one's definition of 'bug' and 'severity'. Smile
I'm sure like every other code change this is super easy with minimal impact to other code... LOL. Wink (to make it clear, that's a joke)
I hope it gets pushed in shortly after Frodo... Currently I'm manually doing UPDATE statements in mySQL to 'fake' this functionality every other week... Using the sledgehammer approach for TV Shows... The sledgehammer is too big / would be too time consuming for movies... Smile

Improved UPnP serving and client - Memphiz - 2012-12-12

yeah hehe

1. there will never be a bugfree version of xbmc
2. there will never be a "last" version of xbmc

Smile