Kodi Community Forum
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS (/showthread.php?tid=128279)

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - joethefox - 2012-12-07

@StealthyMonk, thank you! About the volume control, should be the same the number of steps, before you had to tap the volume button to scroll down the volume control, now you have to scroll left to show the volume control, no?

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - StealthyMonk - 2012-12-07

I guess so, it just felt better before, I guess it is the same number of steps, I just feel like I have to 'leave' the now playing screen. Your volume button in the previous version was the best of ALL remote apps, not just xbmc. No big deal, still my go-to app!

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - danmedhurst - 2012-12-07

(2012-11-12, 17:57)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 16:16)danmedhurst Wrote: @joethefox - Thanks! i had forgotten i'd asked about this.. but getting it working would be awesome!
it works now!

Excellent, will give it a spin tonight Smile

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - TheLittleFox - 2012-12-07

Hi joethefox,

I use a lot your app and really love it. I found a little (but annoying) bug in the new version. In the "NOW PLAYING" screen, it is impossible to move the progress bar (Example : Want to move to 00:20:12) without quitting the screen. If I try to move to left... I go to the main menu of the app and right...I go to the volume and others setting of the other screen.

P.S : Hope my english is not to bad Smile

Edit : iPod Touch 4 with iOS 5.1.1 and xbmcRemote latest version. Xbmc on computer is 11.0 stable

@TheLittleFox, really? I tried to be careful in this, even if you pay attention to tap exactly the thumb image? It never works? and thank you for the kind words Smile

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - kryten2b - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-06, 21:49)joethefox Wrote: and the official XBMC remote app version 1.2 was released right now \m/
Big Grin
I just tried it & yep - it no longer crashes when playing video - thanks
Big Grin

RE: [released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS - danmedhurst - 2012-12-07

(2012-10-29, 11:25)joethefox Wrote: @danmedhurst, yes I notice that too. I'm requesting to XBMC all the files of type "video" and this is the returned list. I will look if there are some improvements to do in this area.

(2012-12-07, 16:13)danmedhurst Wrote:
(2012-11-12, 17:57)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 16:16)danmedhurst Wrote: @joethefox - Thanks! i had forgotten i'd asked about this.. but getting it working would be awesome!
it works now!

Excellent, will give it a spin tonight Smile

Afraid it's still not working for me.. When i go to files view, my Tv Shows folder works fine, my downloads folder works fine, but my movies folder.. instead of my folders showing up as "Action", "Drama" etc.. the folders have the name of the first movie in the folder.. when i click it, i get "No Items Found"....

this really is the only thing wrong with this app!

(2012-12-07, 18:11)joethefox Wrote: @TheLittleFox, really? I tried to be careful in this, even if you pay attention to tap exactly the thumb image? It never works? and thank you for the kind words Smile

Yes, I tap and hold exactly the little grey dot. I am able sometime to move it a little (like +4-5 seconds) but the screen move too. So, it is like a fight between me and the app Big Grin

Here is a example : http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5726/xbmc.png

@danmedhurst, ok now I realized what's the root cause: if the movie, even in file mode, is already into the library when I request the directory content, what XBMC returns isn't the folder structure but the movies inside that dir (doesn't matter how many subdirs there are until reach the real movie). And even if the return type is "directory" what I have as returns path is the directory and the movie.xyz, not just the dir.
In other words, when I'm requesting to XBMC all the files of type "video", what I have as returned list isn't the folders structure as I had supposed.

I have in mind a solution to turn around the issue, but could require some time.

As temporary workaround: did you saw that now you can browse movies by genres (but only frodo)?

@TheLittleFox, Finally I got the issue: it's an issue with iOS 5.1.1, works as expected on iOS 6. I'm working on it, thanks for pointing me out to the bug!

(2012-12-07, 19:51)joethefox Wrote: @TheLittleFox, Finally I got the issue: it's an issue with iOS 5.1.1, works as expected on iOS 6.

So, I need to absolutly upgrade to iOS 6 to get the expected result ? It is strange that this is not working identical on the two version.

EDIT : Here is my answer :" I'm working on it, thanks for pointing me out to the bug! " Thank you. I prefer to stay in iOS 5.1.1 because of Plan and Youtube. So, I will wait for a update if possible Smile

Yep, what I thinked too, and in fact I had not tried this thing on both iOS5 and iOS6.
And the simulator don't lie: Works as expected with iOS6 simulator, there is the bug with iOS5. If you can't wait, yes upgrading to iOS6 solves the issue, otherwise you have to wait until I'll try to solve the issue for iOS5 users.

(2012-12-07, 20:02)joethefox Wrote: Yep, what I thinked too, and in fact I had not tried this thing on both iOS5 and iOS6.
And the simulator don't lie: Works as expected with iOS6 simulator, there is the bug with iOS5. If you can't wait, yes upgrading to iOS6 solves the issue, otherwise you have to wait until I'll try to solve the issue for iOS5 users.

No problem. I will wait Wink

@TheLittleFox, would you like to test if I was able to solve the issue?
If yes, send me in PM your UDID (and an email address where to send the ipa) so I can build a test version for you.

Problem with the slider solved. Thank.

Another bug :
1. Open the xbmcRemote
2. Go to Movies
3. Click "Now playing"
4. flip your finger to go back to the main menu
5. click "Music"
6. in the top, click on the title "album"
App will crash.