Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=128480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - daffeh - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-18, 19:16)bluray Wrote: @daffeh,
Unfortunately, it need to detect the entire string for it to work. I don't have this issue with my AMD and Nvidia GPU's. I selected the recommened Windows resoltution and selected the same resolutions in XBMC.....I enabled window fullscreen in XBMC too......
What do you mean entire string?

Also, XBMC works fine. It is just random windows stuff that does this

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-18, 19:43)daffeh Wrote:
Unfortunately, it need to detect the entire string for it to work. I don't have this issue with my AMD and Nvidia GPU's. I selected the recommened Windows resoltution and selected the same resolutions in XBMC.....I enabled window fullscreen in XBMC too......

I'm referring to your question "1. Using the HTPC to play music without the projector turned on does not work.".....entire string meaning- HTPC>AVR>Projector.....

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - daffeh - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-18, 22:35)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 19:43)daffeh Wrote:

I'm referring to your question "1. Using the HTPC to play music without the projector turned on does not work.".....entire string meaning- HTPC>AVR>Projector.....
Haha, ok, I'm a developer so string means something else for me Smile

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - AudioFiend - 2012-10-19

Hi, Hoping someone can help me solve my HD-Audio problem.

OS_Windows 7 32bit XMBC_RC2_HDAUDIO
mobo_Asus M4A78T-E (on board audio/graphics) disabled
Avr_Onkyo HT-R380
Gpu_ATi Radeon HD5450
Source_mkv_TrueHD or AVCHD Video TrueHD (.m2ts)
Once i sort the HD Audio out, i will use an external player for Blu-Ray m2ts_file/menu_etc

All MKV DTS/DD files playback fine as do DTSMA/DTS Express mkv, but the avr light remains on DTS?
TrueHD mkv play fine but no Audio?

Windows 7 Settings:

have set control Panel to performance and see below for windows settings has been set to stereo.

XBMC Settings

XBMC Log
http://pastebin.com/Hf38k5b1#

RE: How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... - bluray - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 08:44)daffeh Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 22:35)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 19:43)daffeh Wrote: What do you mean entire string?

Haha, ok, I'm a developer so string means something else for me Smile
Completely understood, as I'm working with Basic programing too....string in the coding is different from AV system connections string....

@AudioFiend-
Have you update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect? If there is an option in XBMC Audio Output, you select "Audio output device WASAPI: HT-R380 (AMD High Definition.......)" instead.....

Are your movie files included DTS-HD and TrueHD audio codecs? You can verify it with this- MediaInfo.....

(2012-10-19, 16:33)bluray Wrote: @AudioFiend-
Have you update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect? If there is an option in XBMC Audio Output, you select "Audio output device WASAPI: HT-R380 (AMD High Definition.......)" instead.....

Are your movie files included DTS-HD and TrueHD audio codecs? You can verify it with this- MediaInfo.....

Hello and thank you for taking the time out to help me out. The AMD Driver link comfirmed that I have update drivers. I Dont have "Audio output device WASAPI: HT-R380 (AMD High Definition" only Direct Sound and AMD WASAPI

Media Info

Sometime, the older GPU is stubborn.....you can try it with "Realtek HD audio codec" too.....

Ok Will do.Big Grin
32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8 Driver only (Executable file)?? or
ATI HDMI Audio Device??

Sorry for being a noob

(2012-10-19, 17:39)AudioFiend Wrote: Ok Will do.Big Grin
32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8 Driver only (Executable file)?? or
ATI HDMI Audio Device??

Sorry for being a noob
If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, you are okay with 32-bit version otherwise install the 64-bit version instead. You should see as shown below in Windows 7 control panel-

[/quote]If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, you are okay with 32-bit version otherwise install the 64-bit version instead. You should see as shown below in Windows 7 control panel-

[/quote]

Ok, Windows looks the same as the above images but sorry to say, still no joy? I have swaped the WASPI AMD and set it to WASPI Realtek in XBMC is that correct?

(2012-10-19, 20:39)AudioFiend Wrote: Ok, Windows looks the same as the above images but sorry to say, still no joy? I have swaped the WASPI AMD and set it to WASPI Realtek in XBMC is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.....can you try different HDMI port and HDMI cable? Can you bitstream HD audio with any other software (TMT5, PDVD12, MPC-HC) without XBMC?

(2012-10-19, 21:23)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 20:39)AudioFiend Wrote: Ok, Windows looks the same as the above images but sorry to say, still no joy? I have swaped the WASPI AMD and set it to WASPI Realtek in XBMC is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.....can you try different HDMI port and HDMI cable? Can you bitstream HD audio with any other software (TMT5, PDVD12, MPC-HC) without XBMC?

I had just tried swapping the hdmi leads and also now have the htpc set to HDMI 1 and not HDMI 2 in the AVR, just incase HDMI 2 had a lower spec out of it.
Still the same result thou?
I have never tried anyother software what would you recommend? Maybe follow one of the guides in your Signature?
Thank you by the way, you must have better things to do on a friday night? Im getting that look from the wife? Do we really need HD AudioRoflhaha

(2012-10-19, 21:54)AudioFiend Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 21:23)bluray Wrote:

I had just tried swapping the hdmi leads and also now have the htpc set to HDMI 1 and not HDMI 2 in the AVR, just incase HDMI 2 had a lower spec out of it.
Still the same result thou?
I have never tried anyother software what would you recommend? Maybe follow one of the guides in your Signature?
Thank you by the way, you must have better things to do on a friday night? Im getting that look from the wife? Do we really need HD AudioRoflhaha
You can install ArcSoft TMT5 15 days free trial, and set TMT5 Audio Output as shown below. You can launch the blu-ray file using TMT5 to test bitstreaming. If it is bitstreaming fine using TMT5, then we can try to configure XBMC again.

[/quote]You can install ArcSoft TMT5 15 days free trial, and set TMT5 Audio Output as shown below. You can launch the blu-ray file using TMT5 to test bitstreaming. If it is bitstreaming fine using TMT5, then we can try to configure XBMC again.

[/quote]

Cool Cool that produced audio, but well out of sync and the video is a littery juttery Confused on the TrueHD mkv also the AVR light was PCM??
Better results with m2ts folder DTS MA 7.1 no problems at all. AVR light was DTS??
Again thank you.