[WIP] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin for 16x9 and 4x3) Updated 24/07/2012 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: re-Touched (/forumdisplay.php?fid=189)
+---- Thread: [WIP] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin for 16x9 and 4x3) Updated 24/07/2012 (/showthread.php?tid=128494)
[WIP] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin for 16x9 and 4x3) Updated 24/07/2012 - Jezz_X - 2012-04-11 03:39
Do not install or use this skin unless you have either touch screen or a mouse connected or you will lose navigation and have to manually change to another
Not many actual changes in this version aside from 16x9 support for android tablets (and other 16x9/10 devices) there have been a few scrollbars added to dialogs for people who use windows or linux and have no gesture controls. But that's about it, its more of a quick update because it was bugging me on android having the skin stretched out so much
It was made on and for a 10 inch screen so I have no idea how it will go on smaller or bigger screens
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
This is a modded version of the original "Touched" skin for XBMC (currently the default skin for iPad and iPhone)
Differences between iPad and android
You can see a slightly older version (few graphic changes) in use here with a mouse because I can't take a decent video of my ipad, bare in mind that iOS does not let us control volume yet so the volume controls will not appear on iOS like they do in the video
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - ChipsAhoy - 2012-04-11 18:17
I'm liking this even more than the original on my iPad 2. Not really noticing any slowdown from the original Touched, and I'm loving the new eye candy. Thanks,
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - Maxoo - 2012-04-12 00:11
This looks really amazing
I'll try this asap on my 16:9 touchscreen, and report any issue I have.
Is PVR support planned ?
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - mardup - 2012-04-12 19:29
I tried your skin on my Ipad 2 : and it's wonderful !!!
All is very smooth , fluid (like in your video).. and so beautiful !
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - loggio - 2012-04-12 21:50
Great skin jezz,
not sure of you guys are aware, but touch skins don't work well on windows 8. When in full screen video, touch is completely disabled. Could be a skin or program issue... I'll report it in windows thread later.
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - happyk - 2012-06-17 11:27
ive just started using this on my "new" iPad, wondering if its still being worked on?
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - Jezz_X - 2012-06-17 11:58
If you have any decent suggestions or complaints I'm open too them other than that I use it (slightly newer version) on my iPad myself instead of the default but I got so little feedback from the 250 downloads its had I didn't think any one really cared enough to devote much more time to it since it "just works" (lol apple)
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - happyk - 2012-06-17 13:41
well ive only just started playing with it, ill make a note of a few things as i go along and post accordingly
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - eskro - 2012-06-17 18:58
this skins is amazing Jezz_X! congratz!!
RE: [Testing wanted] skin.re-touched (touch screen skin currently 4x3) - ouguitarman - 2012-06-18 17:40
Hey Jezz_X, great skin. I am testing on a 22" 16:9 1080P touch screen jukebox. So far, I have tested the most with VEVO addon and it overall is awesome. A couple of smaller issues/suggestions.
1. In VEVO, when you go from screen to screen it does not "save" the thumbnail view and always defaults to list.
2. If we could get a fav on the main left menu on the home page would be great. Meaning I could label something like "Music Videos" and it would go into the VEVO addon. I realize at this time I can hit the addons button in the top right, but a main menu option would be preferred.
3. It seems a little buggy in the following sequence. Play a music video, while the video is playing go back to browse for a new video, then either pick a new video or hit the now playing to go back to the video that is currently playing. You have to hit the "fullscreen" option to get the video feed back going and the video "fast forwards" to catch the audio.
4. It seems when playing music videos with the VEVO addon if you hit the "CD" icon it will only stay within the VEVO app which is good, but makes it difficult or confusing on how you get back to your albums.
5. Obviously it would be awesome for my application if you could not only queue up music, but have a "playlist" showing somewhere on the screen so it has more of a juke box feel, but that may be out of scope for what you are trying to do.
6. I am not in front of it at the moment, but want to say there was not a volume adjustment when playing albums. There is for video feeds (VEVO and Movies).
Again, thanks so much for this awesome skin. Can't wait to youtube this beast after I get a few more tweaks done.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.