Kodi Community Forum
AMD A8 3870k heatsink - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: AMD A8 3870k heatsink (/showthread.php?tid=128655)

Pages: 1 2

RE: AMD A8 3870k heatsink - tman12 - 2012-04-14

The artifacts issue is not gone with Dharma, I just noticed PTV is much more fluent. I guess I will contact AMD support, I'm wondering if they will be of any help though as they will probably say it is an XBMC issue.

RE: AMD A8 3870k heatsink - lagledavid - 2012-04-14

(2012-04-12, 16:24)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 16:12)tman12 Wrote: ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard

As far as CPU cooler and case fans, it might be loud at first. After you installed all the drivers and software, you can go into bios to configure it. Since it is AsRock mobo, you can set CPU to "Cool ā€˜nā€™ Quiet" in Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can set both CPU and case fans to level 5......you can monitor the operating temperature. It should be quieter.....

I'm recommending update the AsRock Bios to 1.7 version from here- download

now you tell me just kidding i was having issues when i first put my system together i had updated all my drivers and i was still getting freezes and buggy usb. found that exact bios upgrade and my sytem has not froze once since.good find and good info.

RE: AMD A8 3870k heatsink - tman12 - 2012-04-14

I think I've narrowed it down a little more, I believe it is a FPS issue. When running the debugger I can see the FPS and when a file is resumed I noticd the FPS is very low about 6-7 FPS and this is causing stutter until the FPS goes up to 24 (23.967) when playback is perfect. So, I'm looking at a FPS issue. Does anyone have any experience with this? Stupid AMD customer servic is only open until 5:30 and they aren't on Saturdays and Sundays!

RE: AMD A8 3870k heatsink - bluray - 2012-04-14

(2012-04-14, 01:27)lagledavid Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 16:24)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 16:12)tman12 Wrote: ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard

As far as CPU cooler and case fans, it might be loud at first. After you installed all the drivers and software, you can go into bios to configure it. Since it is AsRock mobo, you can set CPU to "Cool ā€˜nā€™ Quiet" in Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can set both CPU and case fans to level 5......you can monitor the operating temperature. It should be quieter.....

I'm recommending update the AsRock Bios to 1.7 version from here- download

now you tell me just kidding i was having issues when i first put my system together i had updated all my drivers and i was still getting freezes and buggy usb. found that exact bios upgrade and my sytem has not froze once since.good find and good info.
Hey, I'm glad that it work out fine for you.....Nod

(2012-04-14, 02:24)tman12 Wrote: I think I've narrowed it down a little more, I believe it is a FPS issue. When running the debugger I can see the FPS and when a file is resumed I noticd the FPS is very low about 6-7 FPS and this is causing stutter until the FPS goes up to 24 (23.967) when playback is perfect. So, I'm looking at a FPS issue. Does anyone have any experience with this? Stupid AMD customer servic is only open until 5:30 and they aren't on Saturdays and Sundays!
Let me ask you this- Do you get artifact when playback with MPC-HC or VLC?