Kodi Community Forum
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) (/showthread.php?tid=128714)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - brandonj - 2013-06-02

(2013-06-01, 23:25)NoiZe Wrote: any idea on how I can narrow down what the problem is?

First, I would suggest trying to telnet to your XBMC IP address on port 9090, and see if it actually connects. If not, there's a problem in XBMC. Check the configuration and make sure port 9090 is the one being used.
Next, in composer choose "log and print" in the XBMC driver, then go to the lua tab and look at the output. Every 10 seconds or so, you should get output similar to the following:

On Timer Expired
XBMC: polltimer test
On Timer Expired
Emit: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
SendToNetwork:{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"}
Received From Network
XBMC: Received something from network on binding 6001
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[]}
Resetting checkin counter

If there is no ouput at all (make sure log and print is enabled and set!), then there was most likely a problem loading the driver. Composer doesn't tell you if there's a problem, it just doesn't do anything (so helpful).
Other have had problems downloading drivers from github, and my suggestion has always been to download the ZIP file ( https://github.com/RDX/Drivers/archive/master.zip ) and then use the c4i file from that.

To make sure any old driver isn't getting in the way, delete any instances of the driver that is already in the project, then go to the driver menu, then Manage drivers. Delete the driver from there, close the dialog, then add the driver in again.

Also, what version of Composer are you using?

-Brandon

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - NoiZe - 2013-06-02

Thank you for the quick answer!

I had already tried to get the driver from the zip file but without differences.

my pc can connect with telnet and I can see the different actions like screensaver on/off.. and when I play a movie I see all the informations, so the xbmc part is working on the right port.

No output in composer even from the proxy when I press the buttons, nothing at all so the driver load problem seems the right direction.

Then I tried to remove some test driver that I don't really need, Ip cameras, wake on lan, dreambox... Every couple of drivers removed I rebooted the director, the I added your driver and retried.. nothing.

Ok, let's start a new C4 project from scratch... A simple project with just the director (identified) and the xbmc frodo driver.... no answer in the log even in this case.

...mh... my composer version is 2.4.0... the director version is 2.4.0.227470-res.... there are bugs in this versions that I haven't heard about?

Now I'll go back to the old project with eden driver that works, I go out (it's one of the few days of sun), and when I have some time I'll try to check the driver by section (removing some parts).

Thanks

Bye

Noize

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - brandonj - 2013-06-04

You shouldn't have to remove any other drivers from the c4 system, unless they you know they might interfere with the XBMC driver (other XBMC drivers, for example).

I moved over to the same c4 version you are on, and verified that the driver does indeed work with it.

Just to be sure, did you first delete my XBMC driver from the system using the method I described (Driver|Manage Drivers menu)?
After doing so, reload the driver from the zip file using the Driver|Add Driver menu, then add the new driver to the project.

I should also note that you won't see any output on the driver logs until you assign it an IP address from the Network tab in the Connections section of composer.

-Brandon

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - NoiZe - 2013-06-07

The drivers where removed the right way and the ip was assigned correctly but without results..

Today I updated to 2.5 and I tried again, but nothing... so I reset the director (factory reset), reloaded the project, updated to 2.5, reinserted the driver, and... voilà.. the driver now it's working!!! Wink

AMAZING!! (I have no idea on what was wrong... but... whatever... now it works)

Finally I can try it!!

Thank you for your support

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - it4home - 2013-07-18

Brandon, a lot of thanks for your C4 driver !
good job, it works !
C4 OS 2.5.0.235326\ Home PC Win7 Pro 64\ XBMC 12.2
have two questions:
1. How can i change subs and audio track in movies?
2. if i start XBMC from C4 interface "listen" music - a lot of buttons on remote control doesn't work (like a up\down\left\right\enter\etc..) but play\pause - work

ps.
how can i find Craig P's latest driver for testing it too ? all posted links is unavailable..

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - jbmedia - 2013-08-02

Any one else have issues with the in movie controls. Driver is flawless in menus but once a movie starts it all goes haywire. The transport controls are spotty and unpredictable.

Known issue?

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - kemik - 2013-08-09

Hi,

Using Composer 2.5 and 2.5.1 on my HC-250 and whenever I try to add either driver Composer crashes with 'A fatal error was detected and logged. Composer will be forced to exit'

Any ideas?

Thanks

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - zariaman - 2013-08-09

You need to have the same version of CPro; so you would need 2.5.1.

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - kemik - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-09, 23:09)zariaman Wrote: You need to have the same version of CPro; so you would need 2.5.1.

Incorrect

I have 2.5.1 composer installed I just typed 2.5 in my original message

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - kemik - 2013-08-11

All working now. My bad as I hadn't read the entire thread. I hadn't deleted the original driverworks outdated XBMC driver from my Composer Pro

Have done that added your FRODO driver dated 10/08/2013 and it now loads in composer fine.
Setup the IP address in network tools. In System Design I have setup and have 'Connected to network' showing as true but none of the remote keypad commands are working. In the Lua tab I get the following....

On Timer Expired
XBMC: polltimer test
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001 (9090)]: OFFLINE
XBMC: not connected.
Failed to receive poll responses from XBMC... Disconnecting...
XBMC: OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001 (9090)]: ONLINE
Connected to XBMC...

In real-time logging.
I've set the 'Allow control of XBMC via UPnP' , and allowed control via port 9090 but still nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

**** Resolved! I was already using port 9090 on my XBMC PC....changed the port number and its working now Big Grin

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - kemik - 2013-08-11

Question: To use the WOL feature what format should the mac address be? should is be xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx or just xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - kemik - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-11, 22:26)kemik Wrote: Question: To use the WOL feature what format should the mac address be? should is be xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx or just xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Anyone?

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - brandonj - 2013-08-19

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, or xxxxxxxxxxxx should work

-Brandon

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - oskar - 2013-08-21

Hi I´am new here ! I try to Use The Frodo Driver with contol4 and mini Mac

My Problem is that Frodo won´t work only the Play and Pause Button

In the Driver Properties is Connected To Network = false (is that right)

What can i do ?

RE: New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON) - kemik - 2013-08-25

Check this out guys an XMBC driver that also scrapes media info into Control4 navigator screens!

http://www.control4hacks.com/2013/08/19/xbmc-with-movie-scraper-beta-version/