Kodi Community Forum
MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? (/showthread.php?tid=128719)

MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - crimsonfury - 2012-04-13

I have 4 different Custom Menu items that I have added; Cartoons, Exercise, Home Videos, and Comedians. I want all 4 listed in the Main Menu but not listed in TV or Movies. So I had Exercise working great like this but now nothing shows up.

What do I need to do so these show up in the Main Menu and will open with all of the videos listed correctly??

I can use an outside scraper for the meta data and to create the .nfo's for them.

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies - farr3ll - 2012-04-13

Smart Playlists!.. Add the 4 menu items in skin settings.. create other smart playlists to exclude these media from your main tv show and movies menu items. Use the following link for reference on how to edit the xml..

forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119578

You will need to re-apply the playlist xml function each time there is an update though.. Works for me Smile

Let me know if you need further clarification..

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies - crimsonfury - 2012-04-13

That seriously cant be the only way to do this?!

How long has XBMC been in work? I can't believe that you can't say "This is the folder, this is the name I want for it and add it to the main menu"! How hard is that? Why is that I can't do that?

I came from MediaBrowser and I know other Media aggregators work the way I am wanting. I would open mediabrowser's configuration window and tell it to add a folder to watch and Label it "Whatever". Then use whatever scrapper service or not and then open MediaBrowser and I would see that entry and the Label was their and I clicked in I could see and watch all of my Home Videos.

This is the biggest thing I miss about that service! Why this has to be such a hassle with XBMC is beyond me..... I love XBMC for so many other reasons but Come On! This needs to be easier to add Custom links on the Main Menu or sub menu. This is a Media CENTER meaning to add all media and access it easily and sorted should be easy and not have to be lumped all under movies.

Any more help is appreciated... I just think it should be easier or spelled out by XBMC in their wiki maybe...

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - farr3ll - 2012-04-14

You're completely right though, it is an oversight to a clear concentration toward entertainment, not "media" in general.. There is a wiki, google "xbmc home movies", but that wont tell you anything you probably don't already know.

I've had some thoughts on the subject and have some time tonight to play around with some ideas.. I'll let you know if I have any revelations.

Keep persisting, a simple solution will present itself eventually!

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - Me23 - 2012-04-14

Yeah, this is one of the one things that bug me about XBMC, other than that I think its an awesome and powerful media center.
You are not alone, and I do believe the xbmc team is looking at this feature.

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - wobbly - 2012-05-08

any updates on this ..... iam trying to do the same

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - MeMeMe - 2012-05-17

Another one looking for a solution here.

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - Blackally - 2012-06-19

If you have these items on different physical places then you can add them through files, make it favorite and add the favorite to a menu item ?

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies ??? - jordandk - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-19, 09:54)Blackally Wrote: If you have these items on different physical places then you can add them through files, make it favorite and add the favorite to a menu item ?

Yes that's possible. But when you add something new in the favorite, you'll need to make a new favorite through the files.

It could be nice if we all could add our own folders with the name we want and put the movies we want in them.

RE: MQ3 Want Custom Menus for Cartoons and Exercise, But I don't want them in Movies - DandareBR - 2012-07-15

(2012-04-13, 10:03)farr3ll Wrote: Smart Playlists!.. Add the 4 menu items in skin settings.. create other smart playlists to exclude these media from your main tv show and movies menu items. Use the following link for reference on how to edit the xml..

forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119578

You will need to re-apply the playlist xml function each time there is an update though.. Works for me Smile

Let me know if you need further clarification..

farr3ll,

Could you detail how to "re-apply the playlist xml function"? I don`t know if this is the same issue that I have, but after creating the smartplaylist it looks like my collection can`t be updated anymore. No new film or series that I add shows on the custom Smart playlist menu for some unknown reason.