Kodi Community Forum
Release Lightbox Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release Lightbox Skin (/showthread.php?tid=128852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - xxxnelly - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-19, 18:04)niamu Wrote: I should have known that PVR support would be big on everyone's list. Tongue

I'll start poking around to see how this could be added. If anyone wants to offer some mock-ups for how they feel it should be added to the skin, get in touch.

I wasn't going to add PVR support initially as I was only scratching my own itch to have a nice skin for my Raspberry Pi, but I think the demand is high enough that I'll make the extra effort.

You may also note that there isn't a way to add new video sources at the moment. I couldn't find an elegant place to add that and I don't want to clutter the home screen. Suggestions are welcome.

Mock-ups of how you think features should look are very welcome to give me a starting point. I haven't played with PVR support yet, so I'm in the dark for the moment on where to get started.

I think you should get the PVR.demo then try out the Xperience1080 skin, its got a few things the same lightbox. so the PVR section might be simple to take over as a base.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - stewiegriffin - 2013-01-01

Great skin!
Im using it on a raspberrypi (model b, 256mb ram) with raspbmc latest image and besides a reboot at first and the ocasional lag(mostly if you switch from a movie to the menu without stoping the movie first, so its normal for the Pi) it works very well i think.
Im having a bit of an "issue" though and that is to acess the theme/skin settings, that part is on the menu but its blocked and i can't acess it.I wanted to add the youtube add-on and other video add-on to the main menu and i can't. Is there a way to fix that?

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - niamu - 2013-01-02

Took a break over the holidays from any serious development. Haven't had a look at PVR stuff yet, but will once I get a Windows box setup for development.

As for the YouTube plugin support, I will consider it. I just want to make sure that I don't clutter the interface too much. LauDela's mod has all of this support built in if you want it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128852&pid=1135532#pid1135532

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - stewiegriffin - 2013-01-02

Thanks, i will look into that mod and let you all know how it runs in the raspberrypi, hopefully it will run well like the original one.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - sav25 - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-02, 05:27)niamu Wrote: Took a break over the holidays from any serious development. Haven't had a look at PVR stuff yet, but will once I get a Windows box setup for development.

As for the YouTube plugin support, I will consider it. I just want to make sure that I don't clutter the interface too much. LauDela's mod has all of this support built in if you want it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128852&pid=1135532#pid1135532

Hi man - great work on the skin!! Best skin out there IMO - but i'm a metro boy Smile

Is it possible to make favourites as the menu items? I use UPNP so it doesnt pick these up as movies etc

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - niamu - 2013-01-18

I have been making many more changes to Tree_Jammer's Lightbox skin for those of you that aren't watching my github page: https://github.com/niamu/skin.nbox

I have added Video Add-ons to the homepage and coded MANY dialog windows. I would like to say all of the dialogs are coded, but there's always more. lol

I've recently been working on the music section and then I will move on to the big step of starting PVR.

I have been meaning to make a video of what the skin looks like with all of these changes, but every time I think about showing you guys what has changed I think about what I still have left to do, so download a copy if you're curious and want to offer some suggestions.

@sav25: I haven't added in favourites yet mostly because I'm not sure where to put it. Download a zip of what I have so far and maybe offer a suggestion. I've seen people put favourites in the shutdown dialog before, but that doesn't feel right for this skin. Let me know what you think.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - Sabish - 2013-01-18

nice work niamu, altough i miss the original music OSD, wich was really cool imho.

Speaking of music, i don't know what you have in mind for music view, but may i suggest this mockup i made a while ago :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128852&pid=1104516#pid1104516

I still think it looks nice Cool Just my 0.2 cents...

Anyway thanks again, and keep up the good work Wink

Thanks Sabish. I didn't mean to alarm anyone by the absence of some of the music view features and views. The music OSD is definitely going to come back! When I first took up the mod it was just going to me slimming down the skin for my Raspberry Pi so I removed everything that I wouldn't personally use. But I know how much everyone loves that music OSD so it is definitely coming back.

That music view is really nice. I'll definitely borrow some bits from it at least. The goal has been to keep a very consistent interface throughout which you'll notice in the way every dialog has the same positioning and layout and the TV and Movie views have pretty much the same layout. I want to try to adhere to that as much as possible without making the music view unusable. Tongue

Oh, and actually a question for you music users out there... what scraper is everyone using for music? I find that my library has no fanart and I'm not sure if that's an issue with the scraper or what you all may be doing differently.

(2013-01-18, 17:24)niamu Wrote: I have been making many more changes to Tree_Jammer's Lightbox skin for those of you that aren't watching my github page: https://github.com/niamu/skin.nbox

I have added Video Add-ons to the homepage and coded MANY dialog windows. I would like to say all of the dialogs are coded, but there's always more. lol

I've recently been working on the music section and then I will move on to the big step of starting PVR.

I have been meaning to make a video of what the skin looks like with all of these changes, but every time I think about showing you guys what has changed I think about what I still have left to do, so download a copy if you're curious and want to offer some suggestions.

@sav25: I haven't added in favourites yet mostly because I'm not sure where to put it. Download a zip of what I have so far and maybe offer a suggestion. I've seen people put favourites in the shutdown dialog before, but that doesn't feel right for this skin. Let me know what you think.

Great work pal, keep it up.

With regards to favourites, I guess my request here comes from using the Quartz Reloaded skin. Quartz lets you make custom home page menu options using favourites or add-ons. I can see this working easily with this skin - perhaps either a new menu item on the left (words) or a custom metro 'square'. Maybe there could be a set of 'dead' squares as default, which users can define what they want it to be used for?

It's very frustrating not being able to do this myself, I'd love to work on this. Maybe i'll try and learn this weekend.

Rich

Thanks for your input sav25.

I have been avoiding letting anyone customize the home screen mostly because I don't want to put in the effort to code all of that, but also in part because Tree_Jammer's vision seemed to be very specific and that things should only have one view.

However, I have been toying with the idea of sticking a favourites button in place of the "All Recent" button on the home screen. We already have recently added tiles on the home screen, so perhaps this is a worthwhile trade-off.

I don't think that favourites would work as it's own menu item beneath flms, tv shows and music because the content type is not the same. I'm not sure there is enough content for favourites to warrant it's own set of buttons and recent tiles. I'll look into it regardless.

Everyone else, feel free to weigh in. I still haven't added playlist support either, so maybe both favourites and playlist could be added as a new row of tiles in the other sections on the home screen.

What makes the most sense?

Ah I see where you're coming from. I guess I have a bit of a rare need here. I usually use quartz to remove all of the standard menu items, and then just use favourites to reproduce them as links straight into my UPNP folders. That way I get menus that link straight into my UPNP libraries. I can't make use of standard "movies" or "TV Shows" menu links as they dont work with UPNP - UPNP doesn't scrape like SMB etc, so it doesnt recognise these as movies or TV.

It's awkward, but UPNP streaming is very fast.

I looked at the home.xml file yesterday just out of interest, and it looks like maybe I could manually edit the Movies menu item to link to my UPNP source? Would that be difficult?

@sav25, until it is sorted out how favourites and the other items should be implemented, I'd be happy to help you create your own custom home screen with the links you need. PM me with a few screenshots and explain how your setup works and I can help you mod the home.xml file for your needs. Smile

Will do - thanks. Just need to finish up work for the day and I'll send them over.

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - gpiccon - 2013-01-26

Picture wall view please?

RE: [ALPHA RELEASE] Lightbox Skin - jeayese - 2013-01-26

Wrong thread, please delete!