Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error (/showthread.php?tid=128927)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - WiSo - 2012-04-25

wonder why we're lacking memory on your setup. we had members already going over XBMC with valgrind to detect those and IIRC we fixed all of them. If someone have more hints to what could cause it please post it here.

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - chadoe - 2012-04-25

may be related to this report Skin causing huge memory leak!

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - shaktoo - 2012-04-26

I can talk In detail & at length about Real memory leaks In Human brains but alas when it comes to computers & OS i think I may have hit the wall or the ceiling for that matter Tongue
There is a memory leak problem and you guys are on it.. Thanks for looking into it ..I wish I could do more

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - CrystalP - 2012-04-27

Maybe there's a specific screen that causes the crashes faster?
That reminds me of a dirty region bug fixed a while ago, can you leave the animations on and try disabling dirty regions (via advancedsettings.xml), to see if it makes a difference?

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - Lossanarch - 2012-04-30

Hi again all,

So after turning off animations XBMC hasn't stopped crashing after being minimised for a certain length of time, it's now just doing it differently. It doesn't come up with the .dll error msgbox anymore, it just hangs, but it still seems to do it after the same amount of time (on average) and it still seems to be related to the skin and memory issues (see log).
New debug log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22004832/xbmc.30apr.log

I will try the dirty regions thing CrystalP, although I have a feeling it may already be off. Will try.

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - CrystalP - 2012-04-30

There is a ton of directx errors in the log, and they all say D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY, so it's related to mem usage again.
Try going to a more 'out of the box' config, bit by bit, so you can find the skin/addon that causes the issue. It's not happening here.

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - falafael - 2012-04-30

I too am having this problem for about 2 weeks now, usually i minimize xbmc whilst listening to internet radio on it, and then browse the net while the music plays, there is no time limit, it just seems random, the xbmc tab at the bottom, will say xbmc.error, and then when i click on the tab i get the error that everyone else has been having.

I'm running transparency, with background animations, the pc has 2 gig of memory too, going to try switching to confluence for a day or two to see, but i do like having transparency on here!
Thanks

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - Zarrr - 2012-05-20

Same problem here. Loaded XBMC last night and when I woke up this morning memory usage was at approximately 2.2 GB.

It had crashed with the DBGHELP.DLL error.

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - fizzme - 2012-05-20

Same problem here - 3.2 GB memory usage - does not happen with confluence - using stable EDEN.

windows 7 64bit 8 GB radeon 5670 1gb

thanks for the support

oops forgot using Aeon.Nox 3.0x from git - but happend with aeon.nox v2

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - fizzme - 2012-05-21

ok for me - it seems to be the artwork downloader addon - xbmc was stable around 300 mb memory even windowed and minimized - 1st artwork downloader run memory usage shot up by 300 mb , next run another 300 mb

so if i have the downloader on a schedule of 1 run per hour I will hit 2gig off of memory usage within 6 hours and then crash

next to try if it does the same when not windowed and minimized

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - Shinu - 2012-05-22

I've been having the crash occasionally when I leave XBMC idle for too long. Sometimes with 10 minutes it crashes...

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - mrevilbreakfast - 2012-05-22

I had this issue after enabling the background effects / animations in Aeon Nox.

Salient facts from what I could see - it appears to be two different errors:

Error 1 - memory not released after Album Artwork finishes scraping / downloading files.
As people noted above; it appears to use up to 100MB per run that is then not released until XBMC is exited. In addition to this I find a massive downturn in responsiveness within XBMC after the add-on runs, up to 2-3 seconds per keypress. Checking CPU usage on W7 resource manager there's nothing untoward going on that I can see. Have played with the settings and can't find a work-around.

Error 2 - memory leak evident when XBMC is minimised and running background effects running Aeon Nox 3 skin.
Watching the memory usage, it appears to consume up to 4MB/second when minimised and when memory exhausts fills the logs with various memory/screen-related errors. This doesn't appear to cause errors when it's running in a screen, as the effect is still being rendered. Disabling the effect, or never minimising appears to be the only work-around.
[/b][/align]

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - fizzme - 2012-05-22

I am not seeing the memory leak on Aeon Nox (git) V3 latest update even when minimized

I am deffo getting high unreleased memory usage with Artwork Downloader Add On even with latest Confluence - mine goes up by 300MB each time it runs
with debugging on - the XMBC memory usage data screen never increase even though the windows task manager shows it as using Gigs of the stuff

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - Martijn - 2012-05-23

(2012-05-22, 21:41)fizzme Wrote: I am not seeing the memory leak on Aeon Nox (git) V3 latest update even when minimized

I am deffo getting high unreleased memory usage with Artwork Downloader Add On even with latest Confluence - mine goes up by 300MB each time it runs
with debugging on - the XMBC memory usage data screen never increase even though the windows task manager shows it as using Gigs of the stuff

I ran it subsequently and got up to 1.5GB of memory when i started with only 50mb.
Memory was never cleared

Will bump some one to look at this.

RE: XBMC Crashing In Minimised background state with LoadLibrary"DBGHELP.DLL" Error - fizzme - 2012-05-24

(2012-05-23, 20:03)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 21:41)fizzme Wrote: I am not seeing the memory leak on Aeon Nox (git) V3 latest update even when minimized

I ran it subsequently and got up to 1.5GB of memory when i started with only 50mb.
Memory was never cleared

Will bump some one to look at this.

thanks -

btw, I have only been using xbmc for a week or so and luv it, with the .wtv support Windows 7 + XBMC is magical - thanks to the team for the hardwork